TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er - 12/5/02

Old 12-05-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Er - 12/5/02

I thought tonight's episode was okay: I hope the whole drama w/ Abbie and brother/mother will be over w/ for good - I was happy as hell when she said "don't bother" in regards to her mother calling (that is what I was thinking in regard to that storyline);

the whole boy/girl thing w/ the kid, Morgan, was stupid, imo;

why was Chen so distant this ep? did anyone else notice?

has anyone else in tv history fallen harder and faster than Kovac? they will tease the viewer w/ how great he is and then immediately show him self-destructing (especially in the previews for next week's ep).

I have to admit, Carter and Abbie have great chemistry and I wish they would develop that story more and move past her family...what happened to Pratt and Chen?
Old 12-05-02, 10:19 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I agree. I hope their done with Abbies family also. They hyped up Sally Fields return and you barely notice her when she's on screen.

I figured Kovac was going to cash that check once she died, and next week is his big ep.

The Morgan story line was stupid and Pratt gets on my nerves.

This ep needed Romano.
Old 12-05-02, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chen was down because she gave her own child up for adoption. So needless to say she gets that way in situations like that.

I thought the Morgan thing was interesting and sad at the same time.

Kovach cashing that check was just point blank wrong. He must have busted the bank on all his hoochie mamas

I wish they would do something more with Sherry Stringfield's character. It seems without Chloe or little Susie she has no storyline. Please let's not bring back that tired storyline again Third Watch is doing fine without it.

I thought the episode was ok but I am losing interest in the show. I seem to roll my eyes more and more as I see a preview.
Old 12-05-02, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by kcdny
Chen was down because she gave her own child up for adoption. So needless to say she gets that way in situations like that.

I completely forgot about that - thanks.

They do need to do more than Dr. Lewis, the one show that I can think of a few weeks ago that centered on her was depressing - when she had the 'death touch'.
Old 12-06-02, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I can't wait til next week! Kovac is going down! Muy bueno!
Old 12-06-02, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I slept through the first half hour so unless someone posts it on USEnet, i'm SOL.

Next week's looks really good though. I just hope Kovac
Spoiler:
doesn't take out Harkins [Leslie Bibb]. I think this might be it though since I keep reading she only signed for five eps. I'd be stupid to get rid of her. If anything, let Kovac take Pratt out joyriding.
Old 12-06-02, 03:08 AM
AJP
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

I wasn't overly happy with this episode. I hope it's the last we see of Sally Field and Thomas Everett Scott. That storyline needs to go.

I'm also not looking forward to next week's ep unless they are writing Kovach out of the show. It smells like a typical ER false crisis:

Step 1. They make Kovach look really bad but he avoids career ending trouble;

Step 2. A special episode a month or so later where he does something heroic to redeem himself;

Step 3. The characters thereafter proceed as if none of it ever happened.
Old 12-06-02, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts
What exactly happened to Kovac to make him start acting like a mental case?

It seems like last year, he was a nice guy almost to a fault. He was witty, charming, wise, soulful.

Now he's screwing patients, picking up hookers, and stealing from patients.

Did I miss something?
Old 12-06-02, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ever since Abby dumped him for Carter, Kovac has been on edge.

He did go through that whole thing with the arch bishop, but it seems it was all for naught (after coming to grips with his wife and daughter being killed while in his country).

Perhaps Kovac will finally hit rock bottom, and they'll build him back up (like they did with Abby).
Old 12-06-02, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pretty boring episode.

The Morgan thing was just wierd.

I like Pratt and his brother. Those two characters are really growing on me. I also like the new med student girl, she actually had some personality this episode.

I've had enough of this "Chen is sad because she gave her baby up for adoption" stuff. I think they've done it like 5 times now.
Old 12-06-02, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was the actor playing Morgan really a boy or a girl? I honestly couldn't tell since there were times when he/she sounded like a boy and a girl. It was a weird storyline but at least it fleshed out Pratt a little bit more and his relationship with Leo. It really reminds me of that Jackie Chan movie where Sammo Hung plays Jackie's slow brother.

And what's with the Kovac storyline. Didn't we see a similar thing with Doug Ross?
Old 12-06-02, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by tofu
And what's with the Kovac storyline. Didn't we see a similar thing with Doug Ross?
You are exactly right. Same chit different actor Least Doug got his coochie gratis though
Old 12-06-02, 10:28 AM

And the Mark Harmon character on St. Elsewhere.

As far as Kovac going after patients is concerned, I figured he probably jump the 80-year-old lady last night .
Old 12-06-02, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Was it just me or was it in a wider aspect ratio than normal? The black bars seemed a little thicker than I remember.
Old 12-06-02, 05:11 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Here's a question -- last time we saw Pratt, he was trying to make it with Deb when his brother burst into the apartment with the winning lottery ticket. This week, no mention of that. What gives?
Old 12-06-02, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Umm...they had bigger issues to deal with?
Old 12-06-02, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by JasonFliegel
Here's a question -- last time we saw Pratt, he was trying to make it with Deb when his brother burst into the apartment with the winning lottery ticket. This week, no mention of that. What gives?
I'm wondering if maybe his "friends" that gave him the game console had somehow tricked him into thinking he had won the lottery- but I don't know.
Old 12-07-02, 12:45 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It really reminds me of that Jackie Chan movie where Sammo Hung plays Jackie's slow brother.
Wow!!

As one of Jackie's loyal fan, I'm impressed that you, first of all, have seen the movie and second, was able to connect the two. The movie, by the way, it's called "Dragon's heart". As many times as I've seen the movie, I wasn't even able to remember that, but the situation was quite alike. (hands down to you, mr.tofu)
Old 12-07-02, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
fyI, the lack of Romano in this episode was due to the fact that he directed it.

SPY
Old 12-07-02, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
Seriousto the abandoned baby tangent. That plot stroke is as hoary as they come. Thankfully they didn't dwell on it and/or run it during Christmas week, else I would have had to vomit.
Old 12-07-02, 08:12 PM

This was a pretty :yawn: episode for me. They've been setting up this Kovac fall for a while, we get the point. You've built it up enough. let 'er rip.

Hated Abby's family last season, hate them more this season.

I really wish they'd bring Romano forward as the lead male character (since all the carter developments seem to do with his touching struggle with drug addiction, or Abby's freakin family)

Where was Gallant, he's getting about as much time as the nurses.

The last two or three episodes have been pretty forgetable. If they're trying to bore me they should just go ahead and bring back Benton and his stupid kid.
Old 12-07-02, 10:33 PM
Banned

I guess Don CHeedle is gone.

He was excellent
Old 12-07-02, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by CitizenX
I guess Don Cheedle is gone.
Oh yeah.. i didn't notice that. Did they wrap up his character?
Old 12-08-02, 01:05 AM

Don Cheadle signed for 6 eps. He appeared in 6 eps.
He was failed by Corday. But you never know with ER.
They like to whip a storyline to death. That is
one of my biggest gripes of the series.

I was So glad no Weaver. As I am sure we will see ALOT
of her motherhood in the coming months.

My biggest disappointment is of Leslie Bibbs character.
(she plays Erin the new med student).
Her character is very dull so far. They finally hire an
actress who is fairly tall. And give her a short script.
Old 12-08-02, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Was Cheadle on for 6 episodes? It felt like 4.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.