DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   South Park 11/27 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/253982-south-park-11-27-a.html)

razorbackfan 11-27-02 10:04 PM

South Park 11/27

I don't know when I laughed so much. It just gets better and better.

homeslice 11-27-02 10:28 PM

"... and get something for the boy"
"that was Kenny laughing, not me"
"then you're a stupid douche"
"I wanna watch fatboy. NO KENNY IT'S NOT FUNNY!"

Da Thrilla 11-27-02 10:38 PM

Wow. Another great episode...best season ever IMO!

My fav. part was when Stan said to the crowd "alright, back up," and they literally backed up! :lol:

spainlinx0 11-27-02 11:19 PM

"But how did he know when my father died?"

Jadzia 11-28-02 12:01 AM

Does anyone know when this episode will re-air?

My ReplayTV recorded CSI instead since they were both on at the same time. The South Park episodes never seem to have descriptions in the channel guide, so I want to make sure I record the right one.

Jepthah 11-28-02 12:33 AM

Not nearly as good as the last few, but the Rob Schneider trailer at the end made it all worth it. :lol:

C-Mart 11-28-02 02:37 AM

"All right, lets back up... Not literally!"

"Rob Schneider is... Kenny!"

The best part was the whole Stan story. I think that they should have shown some stuff of Kyle in the Jewleeard school, and Kenny ending up in a pot roast was pretty funny. Do you think Rob Schneider will show up as Kenny from now on? That would be frickin' hilarious!

-CM-

Trigger 11-29-02 05:08 AM

Derp de derp dee derpity dumb

Red Dog 11-29-02 09:12 AM

Originally posted by Jadzia
Does anyone know when this episode will re-air?

My ReplayTV recorded CSI instead since they were both on at the same time. The South Park episodes never seem to have descriptions in the channel guide, so I want to make sure I record the right one.

I believe they re-air the new episodes Friday night (Sat morning) at midnight, Saturday at 10 pm and Sunday at 11 pm. Yeah - I was fortunate to catch that CSI conflict before it happened. The CSI on Wednesday was not a new one was it (I watched Law & Order and recorded South Park)?

cooper2000 11-29-02 09:40 AM

They got Rob Schneider figured out, I'll tell you that much, John Edwards too. These guys hit the nail right on the head.
Loved it.

skar 11-29-02 10:15 AM

The best episode so far of this recent order. Although I wasn't that impressed with some of the others.

"No, I don't think either of us can."

das Monkey 11-29-02 10:42 AM

I don't want to kill the word due to over-usage, but these guys deserve it ...

BRILLIANT!!!

Initially I was rolling my eyes at <I>yet another</I> John Edward parody, but they quickly took it from simply mocking cold readers to the whole Stan plot (and the douche).

I was in pain laughing at all the Rob Schneider parodies.

das

Deftones 11-29-02 10:49 AM

it was good, but not as good as last week's episode.

Matt925 11-30-02 12:02 AM

I haven't been as impressed with the episodes this season as much as you guys, this one included. But Chef's mom is hilarious.

"Keep it away from the drapes!"

Mopower 11-30-02 12:15 PM

I think this was the least funny episode this season. Besides the Rob Schnieder stuff it wasn't that great. Has John Edwards even been relevent in the past year? His show isn't even on anymore. I hate chiefs parents and hope they are never on again. And whats up with Stans voice lately? Its too deep. Anyway I thought the Biggest Duche in the Universe Awards was genius but the rest wasn't that great compaired the the rest of this season.

movieking 11-30-02 12:47 PM

I agree with Stan's voice. I thought that it was someone else doing his voice, since it was a lot different than the Stan of old. The episode was pretty good, not the best of the season though.

MrX 12-01-02 02:27 AM

I thought it was funny, but not as good as the past couple of weeks. I disagree, about Chefs parents. I think they're hilarious. When his mom was walking away bitching about the roast drying out and then comes back with that outfit on was funny. And the $3.50 comments are great. The Rob Schnieder parodies were great to.

Rogue588 12-01-02 05:02 AM

I caught this earlier tonite [I seem to have a problem with catching it on Wednesdays...don't ask]

The funniest thing for me was right after they got done with a Rob Schneider spoof they cut to commercial -- which was the trailer for the Hot Chick. :lol:

And I thought Chef's parents were hilarious too.

icondude 12-02-02 08:03 AM

I think they already ran out of good ideas for this run of 6 episodes. This one sucked, but then again, I've never liked chef's parents and the Rob Schneider stuff just wasn't funny to me (what did he do to piss them off?).

Groucho 12-02-02 10:57 AM

Glad to see the return of Chef's parents. I was thinking Kenny's soul would end up in the Loch Ness Monster, but Rob Schneider is fine too. I had tears in my eyes as they played the closing credits over that picture of John Edward.

Jason 12-02-02 12:44 PM

I figured Cartman would end up eating Kenny again. Not a bad episode, overall. I wonder if this is the final resolution of the Kenny storyline or if Rob Schnieder will move to South Park.

Bust 12-02-02 02:38 PM

Originally posted by icondude
... and the Rob Schneider stuff just wasn't funny to me (what did he do to piss them off?).
Wow. How much do you know about South Park? To imply that someone had to "piss off" Trey and Matt to earn some air time on the show is WAY off base. On the contrary, I'm sure they were delighted by his choice to star in "The Hot Chick" as it most likely influenced a really good joke.

Groucho 12-02-02 02:42 PM

I think you'd have to work really really hard to actually piss off Trey and Matt.

cooper2000 12-02-02 02:56 PM

What did Rob Schneider do to piss them off?
My guess is, he makes movies for idiots and what better than South Park to skewer??

MrN 12-03-02 12:14 AM

Another great episode.

I can't believe they parodied the trailer for the new Schneider movie - but probably South Park has a short animation cycle or something.

"From the makers of Der"