Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

NEW "Bachelor" Rumors (Appears to be a hoax)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NEW "Bachelor" Rumors (Appears to be a hoax)

Old 11-22-02, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW "Bachelor" Rumors

I dont buy it personally, nor do I care...

> Subject: FW: ABC'S BACHELOR SERIES ERUPTS INTO SCANDAL

New York (AP) - What was expected to be a storybook ending for ABC's popular "The Bachelor" series tonight erupted into a full-fledge scandal when network executives and the show's producer confirmed following this evening's season finale that three women had allegedly become impregnated while on the show by Aaron Burges, 28, the show's featured bachelor.

While the identities of the women have not yet been released, a network spokesman has confirmed that none of the three women included Helene (last name withheld) who had accepted a wedding proposal from Burges. "We are sad to report that there is truth to the allegations made by these three women that they are, in fact, pregnant due to their participation in the show," remarked Michael Eisner, CEO of Disney, the parent company of ABC. "While we await Mr. Burges to submit to a paternity test to make it official, we can tell you with certainty that the three women who have made these serious allegations could not have become impregnated by any one else other than Mr. Burges. We are obviously trying to work with Mr. Burges to get to the bottom of this, and to ensure that the lives of these three young women are not further traumatized." "I think that it is pretty obvious that the engagement is over," said contestant Helene, who first learned of the scandal this evening when contacted by reporters. "If everything is as it seems, then Aaron has
some personal issues he needs to take care of that are far more important than getting married. I don't know. I haven't heard from him, or from anyone from the show." Burges could not be reached for comment. The scandal threatens to end the show, as well as a planned spin-off set to air next January entitled "The Bachelorette". Last week's "The Bachelor" show was watched by 16.1 million people, the second largest audience for
any ABC show after the network's "Monday Night Football".
Old 11-22-02, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Pics?

That's an odd comment, "being pregnant due to participation on the show." I thought screwing gets you pregnant.
Old 11-22-02, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually link to the story?
Old 11-22-02, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
"We are sad to report that there is truth to the allegations made by these three women that they are, in fact, pregnant due to their participation in the show," remarked Michael Eisner, CEO of Disney...
Not impossible, of course, but not remotely plausible. Besides being poorly worded and needlessly self-blaming, would Eisner really respond personally like that instead of having his publicists and lawyers take all the heat?
Old 11-22-02, 03:00 PM
Banned

I got this emailed to me, I am sure its a hoax...but at least its a bit funny.
Old 11-22-02, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Plus why would they withhold Helene's last name when it is already out there in every real article. Pretty poor attempt at a hoax.
Old 11-22-02, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For a 6 week show, Aaron would have had to do alot of impregnating for these women to miss their period and know for sure they were preggers.
Old 11-22-02, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No doubt this is a hoax. I have all the major entertainment news briefs on one of my yahoo pages and there's nothing about this.
Old 11-22-02, 11:38 PM
Cool New Member

This is definately a hoax. I looked on the AP.com web site and they said nothing about this story. But the being pregnant part could happen, I read online that the show wrapped in sept. that was 2 months ago...
Old 11-23-02, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lame.

Message to creator of this hoax (not necessarily to jonny#5, unless he's the creator ):

If you're gonna fake something...at least get the dude's name right! His last name is spelled Buerge.

And Helene's last name is already known....Eksterowicz....so why the hell would they not release her last name?

And all that crap that Helene allegedly said...she couldn't have said all of that without giggling at least 3 or 4 times.

Old 11-23-02, 09:15 AM
Mod Emeritus

Re: NEW "Bachelor" Rumors

Originally posted by jonny#5
"I think that it is pretty obvious that the engagement is over," said contestant Helene, who first learned of the scandal this evening when contacted by reporters. "If everything is as it seems, then Aaron has some personal issues he needs to take care of that are far more important than getting married. I don't know. I haven't heard from him, or from anyone from the show."

This much appears to be quite inaccurate, and the rest is questionable at best. From an actual news source...

Hours after the show had aired, Aaron, Helene and the jilted Brooke were on a publicity whirl in New York as ABC savored the ratings.
Given that this appears to be a hoax, I'm closing this thread.