DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   your favorite CURRENT late night tv host? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/252330-your-favorite-current-late-night-tv-host.html)

Rypro 525 11-20-02 08:39 PM

your favorite CURRENT late night tv host?

of the stuff ive seen, conan by far always makes me laugh. (i catch the comedy central rerund)

das Monkey 11-20-02 08:46 PM

My favorite "host" is Letterman. My favorite "show" is <I>The Daily Show</I>. How should I vote for your poll?

das

the narrator 11-20-02 08:49 PM

I voted for Conan, but I also enjoy Letterman and Jon Stewart as well.

JonTurner 11-20-02 08:55 PM

Letterman, hands down, but Stewart, Kilby, and even Conan are good... just avoid Lamo at all costs!

WhattheFFF 11-20-02 09:00 PM

voted for Letterman, I also really enjoy Conan & Kilborn. Looking forward to Jimmy Kimmels show as well.

gregx55 11-20-02 09:00 PM

Conan gets my vote with Letterman a close second. But of all time it has to be Arsineo HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Rypro 525 11-20-02 09:03 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
My favorite "host" is Letterman. My favorite "show" is <I>The Daily Show</I>. How should I vote for your poll?

das

i did say host so you should vote for letterman then.

tanman 11-20-02 09:33 PM

I know I might be in the minority here but I still really like Leno. especially Headlines.

Geofferson 11-20-02 10:01 PM

Conan hands-down

Buck Turgidson 11-20-02 10:49 PM

Dave Letterman. Accept no substitutes.

Stewart is the only person on this list who is even in David's league.

Leno: Good guests, but too much of a schmoozer. Not bad, but not Dave.

Kilborn: Tiresome, obnoxious ass. Go away.

Daly: Schmoozer. *Yawn*

O'Brien: Second unfunniest man in America, behind John Ashcroft.

Stewart: Utterly fearless and irreverent. Is to Dave what Dave was to Johnny Carson: the logical extention of his genius.

B.A. 11-20-02 10:58 PM

Conan, then Dave

Conan can get away w/ more things than Dave can in his time slot, just like Dave used to before he changed networks when he was in the position Conan is in now. Conan writers are genious though - I don't know if Dave's have ever even come that close.

El Scorcho 11-20-02 11:46 PM

Kilborn!

Eplicon 11-21-02 01:06 AM

Letterman. I've always liked the NY style humor that he and his staff come up with, particularly anything that involves Biff Henderson.

I never could stomach Leno, even when he was doing regular acting jobs or stand-up comedy.

Excelesor 11-21-02 02:12 AM

I've always been a nbc late night fan and always will be. I grew up watching Conan and Leno.

Conan is my favorite, he is friken hilarious.

tanman 11-21-02 02:26 AM

Originally posted by Excelesor
I've always been a nbc late night fan and always will be. I grew up watching Conan and Leno.

Conan is my favorite, he is friken hilarious.

Wow. Grew Up watching Conan and Leno? how old are you?

Buck Turgidson 11-21-02 05:40 AM

Originally posted by Eplicon
Letterman. I've always liked the NY style humor that he and his staff come up with, particularly anything that involves Biff Henderson.
Remember Biff always trying vainly to get Dave to let him do "Count Biffula"?

I also loved "Where Are They Now?"

Bill Wendell: "Dwight David Eisenhower. Supreme Commander of Allied Forces in Europe. 34th President of the United States. Where is he now?"

Biff: "Dead!"

rotfl

mookiemeister 11-21-02 06:10 AM

Conan is very funny!

DVDJay 11-21-02 08:25 AM

I hate to ride the fence on this one, but I have to say it's a toss-up between Conan and Letterman. I like both of them equally. I don't get to watch Conan as much as I did in college. As a side note, one of the best SNL episodes I've ever seen was with Conan as a guest. I think it was during the 2000-01 season.

swamptours 11-21-02 09:47 AM

I like Conan the best currently. Although Letterman at his peak (in the 80's) was the best in my opinion. I would buy DVD's of his old shows from the 80's in a heartbeat.

NitroJMS 11-21-02 10:01 AM

I voted for Dave. Ted Koppel should be on the list too for the news junkies.

hgar78 11-21-02 10:16 AM

letterman, then conan, then stewart. i still don't understand why leno is number 1 in the ratings!!! makes me angry when talent-less hacks outdo the greats! what's wrong with america???

hgar78 11-21-02 10:19 AM

Originally posted by tanman
I know I might be in the minority here but I still really like Leno. especially Headlines.
yeah but letterman made headlines what it is today. he just can't do them anymore after he left nbc

grunter 11-21-02 11:25 AM

Where's the option for Dave Atell of "Insomniac" on the form?

Sure, strictly speaking it's not a talk show, but it certainly takes place during "late night."

cdollaz 11-21-02 12:24 PM

I used to like Letterman his first few years on the air, but now he is just obnoxious and seems to do the same old crap. I don't even find the Top 10 lists funny anymore.

Rypro 525 11-21-02 02:04 PM

anybody know when triumph from conan will be back on?