Reload this Page >

Angel 11/17/02 - Rain of Fire

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-17-02, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally we will be getting into the meat of the season with the start of the arc "Rain of Fire".

Will Angel work to regain some footing in his relationship with Cordy? Can Fred find a way to comfort Gunn's actions to save her from directly dealing with her evil professor who sent her away to Pylea? Will Wesley return to the team now that his fling with Lilah is coming to an end, or will he stay with his new team of demon hunters? Will Lorne ever read Cordy ever again? Stay tuned!
Old 11-17-02, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ahhh I watched about the first 30 minutes and then missed the next 20 and caught the last 10. Can someone sum up what happened with spoiler tags?
Old 11-17-02, 10:08 PM

Angwl rules but it sucks that this is it until after new years
Old 11-17-02, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by drexel
Angwl rules but it sucks that this is it until after new years
No, no, no... please tell me you're kidding, right? They aren't going to do that to us, right?
Old 11-17-02, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Holy Schnikes! That last 15 minutes was intense, and my gut tells me that Angel is going to reverting back to Angelus after seeing Connor and Cordy hooking up.
Old 11-17-02, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

TV Guide lists "The Wizard of Oz" next Sunday night, and a repeat the week after, I guess we may have to wait until next year for the next new Angel. Ack!
Old 11-18-02, 12:15 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cordy+Conner=

That relationship is just wrong on so many levels.

And yes that was the last new ep till 2003.
Old 11-18-02, 12:17 AM

omg, you have to be kidding me, best episode of the season, really really drew me in, and we have to wait, this is proposterous.
Old 11-18-02, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, downright f-ing cruel as hell to be making us wait until 2003 to see how the ship rights itself.

I wonder how much Daniel Dae Kim got paid to be bound and gagged for this episode.
Old 11-18-02, 01:00 AM

Gun toting Wes was great.

Cordy & Connor...I don't care if it IS the end of the world - *shudder*.

Lorne is just bothering me lately. I mean, if he really just wants to sit and answer the phones...they always have to twist his arm to do anything.

So is the hooved one after Cordy? I'm surprised it left her on the sidewalk.
Old 11-18-02, 01:04 AM
Banned

Oh man that scene with Connor and Cordy at the end was revolting. It doesnt even make sense why something like that would happen. I think it ruined a good episode up to that point.

Looks like Angel and the gang will be off the air for a while. I have a feeling that that demon thing is going to show up in Sunnydale for the next month or so. When the demon said 'He cant protect her', I got the weird feeling he was talking about Buffy....well it should be interesting.
Old 11-18-02, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
Best episode of the season - VERY intense.

My reaction to the episode was, "Holy Shiznit," but then we got to the end and it became, "Oh my God! What the hell are the writers & producers thinking?" That is SO lame. Cordy & Connor? Cradle robbing anyone? He's just a kid! Not to mention that she supposedly loves his DAD! Totally out of character, and I kind of wonder why the writers did such an obviously flawed bit of character developent - unless it wasn't Cordy?

Nah - that couldn't be it - even after the last Buffy where it was (possibly) all deception, I don't think that's it here, so it's a case of bad writing on that one plot point.

But, even so, the rest of the episode was outstanding. So instead of being a 10 on a 10 scale, it's a 9. I can live with that, but I sure hope that they don't dwell on this Cordy/Connor thing for more than a couple of episodes - but I've got a bad feeling that it's going to drag out for a while.

Hopefully the rest of the storylines will be as good as the rest of this episode to make up for that lame Cordy/Connor thing...
Old 11-18-02, 01:31 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I just finished watching the ep. That was a great episode outside of the last 5 min. When the beast picked up Angel and threw him across the roof I literally yelled "Holy %$%@", and the only other times those words are mentioned are during 24.

It was good to see Wes back with the AI team. That was sweet when he pulled his guns and started unloading them into the demon.

If this Cordy/Conner thing is going where I think it's going i don't like it. Does anyone else think Charisma look like she's with child? She's in loose clothing this year and they haven't shot her that much from above the stomach. I have a feeling if she is, they're going to write her getting pregnant with Conner's baby. That's just to weird for me.

Last edited by MrX; 11-18-02 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-18-02, 01:52 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode. I was surprised at the amount and quality of the action scenes and of course the topper was when Wes starts going all John Woo.

And I really didn't mind the Cordy/Connor thing - its not like there weren't warning signs before. Its one of those life affirmation things I guess.

No episode till next year? And of course they pick a big cliffhanger episode to go out on. Just like last year, the bastards!
Old 11-18-02, 01:54 AM

Yep, she's preggers. I don't know if they are going to write it in or not though.
Old 11-18-02, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally posted by MrX

If this Cordy/Conner thing is going where I think it's going i don't like it. Does anyone else think Charisma look like she's with child? She's in loose clothing this year and they haven't shot her that much from above the stomach. I have a feeling if she is, they're going to write her getting pregnant with Conner's baby. That's just to weird for me.
Man, that thought crossed my mind - it was pretty disturbing. I thought, "What if...naaaah - that would be going way too far." I sure hope that they don't go there, because that would be REALLY lame.
Old 11-18-02, 02:03 AM
Banned

Great episode the Cordy+ Conner this is just a horrible thing to do. I hate it!
Where did someone read that Charisma was pregnant and who read that we have to wait till next year to see a new episode?

Damn I wish they could do a Angel/Buffy Crossover about now.
Old 11-18-02, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Cordy and Conner will have a child, a girl, who will disappear to a Heaven dimension and return as a teenager (unknown to the crew). She will then convince Conner and Angel to have a three-way, from which she will be impregnated with no clue who the father is. Due to some side-effect from the Heaven dimension, Cordy will carry the baby. On the next Angel.

Liked the episode. Anyone else notice how unbelieveably lame the special effects were in the first half-hour? Considering that these episodes are on a pretty strict budget, I was really hoping the lameness early on was countering some kickass in the second half ... good to see I was right.

das
Old 11-18-02, 03:50 AM

So...what? Y'all think the Connor/Cordy thing is distasteful? Yeah, it totally is, and that's putting it mildly. I'm actually more upset that Angel saw it than that it happened. Poor Angel. He just can't catch a break. I heard what Cordy was saying. I heard her reasoning for having sex with Connor, but I can't agree with it at all. To me, it's not even about her changing his diapers or being like a mother to him. My problem with it is that they are completely unsuited for each other. Plus, she told Angel she loved him, but needed time to get past who he was as Angelus. It just seemed so random and bizarre that she would throw a little pity sex his way even in light of an apocalypse. Basically what Erik said:
Cordy & Connor? Cradle robbing anyone? He's just a kid! Not to mention that she supposedly loves his DAD! Totally out of character
Damn. How much do I love any and all Angel/Lilah interaction? Lots and lots and more lots. This time it wasn't so much what they said (frankly their dialogue was a little stale this time), but the way the actors play off of each other. The rapport they have is really fun to watch.

And it totally did not bother me to see Lilah dress up for Wesley. I thought it was a fun way to let her jealousy show. So Wesley likes her in glasses? She's a big girl. If she couldn't handle it, she wouldn't do it.

As for the new Big Bad...I think he's terrifying. I think the harbingers, which were harbingering a little late in the game, were creepy. The birds, the rats, the bleeding walls...it's all classic horror movie stuff, but still effective if you ask me. There's a reason they're classic. And the showdown at the nightclub was great. Hell yeah. Wesley was superhot w/ the handguns, but I especially loved him w/ the shotgun. And honestly, I really, really love to watch Angel fight.

Well, heck, so I have to tough it out til January? I may have a breakdown, but I'll sure try to hold it together.

Oh, for the record...loved it. Another excellent job from Mr. DeKnight.

~wis
Old 11-18-02, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone else enjoy the "John Woo" slow motion shot of Wesley unloading 2 guns into the baddie? I did chuckle at that shot.

Can you imagine how big Vincent Kartheiser's (Connor) eyes got as he read last night's script?

At least Fred might be more sympathetic to Gunn after the waitress made her realize that Gunn would literally do anything to protect her.

Last edited by Patman; 11-18-02 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-18-02, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i think next time he should bring full clips in both guns.

great episode. ticked that there aren't any new ones until next year. bah.

so....the big bad *is* satan? or just a demon that looks a heck of a lot like satan? seems odd that satan would have to use kung-fu grip on them.

where's electric girl? her and her cleavage should be there to help out.

crankky.
Old 11-18-02, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The baddie, for some reason, reminded me of Skip.
Old 11-18-02, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I donít get the revulsion some of you have with the Connor/Cordy thing. I mean, thereís only 3 years, 4 years tops between them. If you look at it from Connorís POVÖ

Iím more disturbed with voyeur Angel.

I wish the horned one hadn't spoken. It was creepy before he said anything and woulda been a nice touch to leave him that way for a while.
Old 11-18-02, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
In real life there is a big age difference between Connor and Cordy. On the show there is maybe 3 or 4 years difference like Wizdar said. Didn't the demon look like the devil. He said "you can't save her William." Did he think Angel was Spike? I think he would go after Buffy first. He has to be the from beneath you it devours guy. I would love to see a Buffy/Angel crossover with this being Buffy's last year. I think the demon is only vulnerable in his eyes. He is pretty much invincible maybe they will try to a take a rocket launcher after him.
Old 11-18-02, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The devil is going to make California fall into the Pacific Ocean!!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.