Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

NBC's Supersized Thursday 11/7

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which Must See Thursday Show are you watchin'?
Friends
46.67%
Will & Grace
20.00%
Scrubs
48.33%
E.R.
41.67%
None of the Above
15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

NBC's Supersized Thursday 11/7

Old 11-10-02, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone post what happened at the end of friends? right after the puppets were taken out while ross went to the kitchen?
Old 11-11-02, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,493 Posts
I normally don't watch friends, since my wife is hooked on Survivor (this is the first one we've watched). But I set up two VCRs this time. And though I haven't seen the show (except in the reruns they play 5 times a day) in years, I enjoyed it.

I don't remember exactly what happened after the puppets, but I can tell you the basic storyline. Ross argues that he would never force Rachel to keep someone that she was this uncomfortable with. So Rachel agrees that they can fire Freddie, but only if Ross does it himself.

He proceeds to have a talk with Freddie, who graciously says there are no hard feelings, since there are a lot of other families that wanted him... he just liked them the best (prompting Rachel, who's listening through the door, to yell "Damn you Gellar!")

Freddie goes on to ask why they're firing him, so he could work on it. With his sensitive man sctick, he gets Ross to admit that Ross is afraid of sensitive men because his dad looked down on him for not being a "real man." He actually breaks down and cries.

This kinda left it up in the air whether Freddie is really fired or not, but I'm assuming because he was a guest star that he isn't going to be back.
Old 11-11-02, 12:45 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
This was one of the funnier episodes of Friends of recent memory, IMO. I was laughing throughout most of the episode.