Reload this Page >

South Park 11/6/02 Ep.612 "A Ladder to Heaven"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

South Park 11/6/02 Ep.612 "A Ladder to Heaven"

Old 11-07-02, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Willy
That commercial with them taking lotr back to blockbuster and calling the Harry potter kids **** was great
Cartrman called the Harry Potter kids "****" in the commercial during the 10:00 episode. However, they showed the commercial again during the rerun episode at 10:30. This time Cartman called them "dorks." Anyone else notice this? I hope the episode keeps the "****" line...much funnier than calling 'em "dorks."
Old 11-07-02, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My God, that episode was pure genius.

Alan Jackson: "Where were you when they built a ladder to Heaven? Did it make you feel like crying, or did you think it was kinda gay? Well I for one believe in the ladder to Heaven. Mmmm, yeah, yeah, yeah........9/11."

then later: "Where were you when they ran out of stuff to build the ladder to Heaven?"

Bush: "Our intelligence tells us that when Saddam was killed his soul went to Hell. But while in Hell he began a homosexual relationship with Satan, the Prince of Darkness. Satan, however, decided he didn't want to be with Hussein anymore and broke up with him. When Saddam became jealous and tried to kill Satan's new lover, Chris, Satan sent Saddam to Heaven to live with Mormons as punishment."

Senator: "Are you high, or just incredibly stupid?"

Bush: "I assure you, I am not high."
Old 11-07-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saddam wasn't really that bad. He just had a little cameo at the end. Pretty good though "Don't you think if I was building chemical weapons I would make them look like a chocolate chip factory and not a chemical weapons plant?"
Old 11-07-02, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yet another fairly solid episode... lots of good laughs.

Cartman upon being told he just drank Kenny- "Shuuut Uuupppp".
Cartman remains one of the funniest animated characters ever.
Old 11-07-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 434 Likes on 303 Posts
Originally posted by Jepthah
The trailer for next week had me in tears even more than the episode itself. Harry Potter kids - "****."
I laughed pretty hard at this.

Then I saw the comercial again during the Daily Show and this time Cartman calls them dorks, instead of ****... interesting.
Old 11-07-02, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by das Monkey
Another brilliant episode. The "Ladder to Heaven" song was hysterical, and it's always great to see the Japanese make an appearance ("America have very laaaaaage penis.")

I couldn't stop laughing when everyone echoed their sentences in Cartman's "visions." That was so perfectly done, especially with Cartman waving his hands all spooky at the end.

das
This whole sequence had me laughing my ass off. I love the part when they got to the clouds and said the reason the couldn't see heaven was because of the J-O-O that is when I hit the floor. Everytime you think Trey and Matt will have nothing left to poke fun of they hit you hard with an episode like this.
Old 11-07-02, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Brain Stew
"Do I believe in heaven? Well, if heaven is an eight year old boy... And the ladder to heaven is my penis. Oh! And the pearly gates are..."
[camera pans away]

"Hard nipples!"

Honk!
Old 11-07-02, 04:41 PM
Banned

Pure Genius.This episode was one of the best South Park episodes ever.The guy who kept saying that stuff about his penis was hilarious.So was that singer Alan Jackson "where were you when they ran out of stuff to build the ladder to heaven" and the 9/11 songs were funny as hell.Don't forget about the Japanese tring to build their own ladder to heaven and then they showed the Japanese on tv but it was all cardboard.Hilarious.Next week's episode also looks great."****".
Old 11-11-02, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by teddydogg
This whole sequence had me laughing my ass off. I love the part when they got to the clouds and said the reason the couldn't see heaven was because of the J-O-O that is when I hit the floor. Everytime you think Trey and Matt will have nothing left to poke fun of they hit you hard with an episode like this.
"Listen Joo, your idea of heaven is getting $5 off your matzo ball soup at Barney's Beanery because you lied about there being a hair in it!"

I just about fell out of my chair. Not sure how a kid from Colorado knows about Barney's, but damn if I didn't **** with laughter. There must be a story behind this reference.
Old 11-11-02, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,362 Likes on 1,005 Posts
I caught the 1:00 AM repeat Sat nite Sun morning. That was friggin hilarious. When it showed the next week's episode thing, Cartman called the Potter kids "****" must be a "time of day" thing.

And after hearing my boss talk about that damn Alan Jackson song, it was sweee-eeeet seeing the Matt and Trey rip him a new one.
Old 11-11-02, 06:01 PM

Cartman: "eeee eee eeeeee"

Kyle: "what are you doing?"

Cartman: "Checking for robot guards"

Kyle: "There aren't going to be any robot guards! Just get Kenny and lets go!"

Robot: *eee eee eee eeeee*

Old 11-11-02, 10:17 PM

"Are you high, or just really stupid?"
Bush: "I am not high."
I think that was Donald "Dr. Strangelove" Rumsfeld, wasn't it?
Old 11-12-02, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,585 Likes on 988 Posts
Hilarious.

Could anyone make out what Cartman said after diving out the window with Kenny's ashes? I rewound it a few times and I couldn't tell.

The "man on the street" interviews were great.
Old 11-12-02, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by milo bloom
When it showed the next week's episode thing, Cartman called the Potter kids "****" must be a "time of day" thing.
Not that this is an important note or anything, but my guess is that they have the "****" clip in during a commercial in an MA rated timeslot, and during the rest of it they're forced to say "dorks." I remember the same editing occured in a preview to the previous batch of new episodes where during certain slots, Cartman said something like "If I was older, I'd so be jacking off right now." But on most commercials for it, this was replaced (I can't remember by what).
Old 11-13-02, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was watching it for the third or fourth time, and I just noticed -- when everyone is buying Alan Jackson's 9/11 CD, he starts jacking off.

Also, doesn't it seem like they passed up an easy joke regarding Cartman drinking Kenny's ashes? Something like:
Stan, to Cartman: "Oh my God, you drank Kenny!"
Kyle: "You bastard!"

Or would that be too obvious?
Old 11-13-02, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Professor Frink
I was watching it for the third or fourth time, and I just noticed -- when everyone is buying Alan Jackson's 9/11 CD, he starts jacking off.

Also, doesn't it seem like they passed up an easy joke regarding Cartman drinking Kenny's ashes? Something like:
Stan, to Cartman: "Oh my God, you drank Kenny!"
Kyle: "You bastard!"

Or would that be too obvious?
Yeah, I thought of the "You Bastard!" response as well, but it was still good with the "Shut Up!" response.

draven I think he is just grunting as he climbs out the window.

I can't wait until tonight's episode.

-CM-