DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Ed 10-30 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/247105-ed-10-30-a.html)

lwhy? 10-30-02 08:31 AM

Ed 10-30

New Ed tonight. Chris Parnell and Horatio Sanz from SNL gueststar. Lisa Ling is also guest starring tonight. Post your questions and comments.

dek 10-30-02 09:12 AM

Kelly Ripa :drool:

Fried Pie :drool:

Geofferson 10-30-02 10:58 AM

Can't wait. It's been 2 whole weeks without Ed...too long!

movieking 10-30-02 11:08 AM

I can't wait to see Tom Cavanagh as JD's older brother on Scrubs....just add Jon Stewart and you got the full family!

lwhy? 10-30-02 03:06 PM

Originally posted by movieking
I can't wait to see Tom Cavanagh as JD's older brother on Scrubs....just add Jon Stewart and you got the full family!
I am going to watching that tomorrow! It looks really funny! Also, ER looks like it may be good. Don Cheadle is guest starring for four episodes and Abby (Maura Tierney) is dressing up as a "Dirty" nurse for Halloween

B.A. 10-30-02 06:39 PM

Ed your back! This one looks good...mmmm, Lisa Ling.

B.A. 10-30-02 06:57 PM

:lol: A55 and the $10 bet - what a great beginning to the show!

Geofferson 10-30-02 07:57 PM

Can't wait for next week's episode.

movieking 10-30-02 08:02 PM

Really didn't like this show. Everyone on it was annoying, especially Lisa Ling. Carol was acting awful. I wanted Ed to bitchslap her for going after the story after he asked her not to. No Eli or kids, so that was okay. Parnell and Sanz were good, but the material was lacking. Really dissapointing.

Static Cling 10-30-02 08:22 PM

Okay, it's bad enough with Ed & Carol having problems. Add to that Mike & Nancy having problems in the same show? And then the two DJs having problems? UGH! Whose bright idea was that?

"Hey, I can't think of anything funny to write for this episode."
"Me neither... I've been spent ever since Phil's backflip."
"Guys, I got it! Let's have everyone bitch at each other for the entire hour! Even the guest stars!"
"That's not very funny."
"Well... can you think of anything else?"
"Hm. No. Guess we're going with that!"

And then Molly is there as the eye-rolling Voice of Wisdom. Give this woman her own plotline again! I can't believe that Cheswick, Diane, and Mark get multiple plotlines, and Molly hasn't had anything since Adulterous Bowling Lane Repair Guy!

I'd like to be a sender for a second, and maybe the Ed writers out there could be receivers. Ready? Here we go.

"When every damn show for the past year (or however long) has Ed and Carol not getting along, I feel like finding you and kicking you in the nuts."

JuryDuty 10-30-02 09:21 PM

What an awful episode! Ed and Carol were both acting so bad that I just wanted to change the channel. And could the DJs have been any more annoying?

Hopefully the Kelly Ripa episode next week will redeem this show. Geez.

superstringtheory 10-30-02 09:22 PM

This was...just...bad.

dolphinboy 10-30-02 09:38 PM

I thought it was a good episode. Not great, but nice.

Mike and Nancy were funny and Ed giving Carol the white roses at the end was sweet. Now they can at least get along until Carol breaks off the wedding to be with Ed.

I can see why "Kenny" left. Shirley had about 2 seconds of screen time.

Bring on Kelly Ripa! Poor, poor Ed. :)

Honk! Honk!

lwhy? 10-30-02 10:25 PM

I thought the episode was kinda crappy. Can we now say that the show has jumped the shark? The kiss on last season's finale had to be the final moment of greatness for Ed. Maybe Kelly Ripa can bring something to the show next week. It looked like Ed may get him some from the trailer. Is there any talk of putting the great first season on dvd? According to a TV Ratings website I went to Ed(#46) was just on spot above Providence(#47) and we all know that Providence has been canceled.

dolphinboy 10-30-02 10:47 PM

Originally posted by lwhy?
I thought the episode was kinda crappy. Can we now say that the show has jumped the shark?
Stop it! If anything, the expression "jump the shark" has jumped the shark. While I agree this season seems, so far, to be going the wrong way, Ed won't be cancelled unless something unforseen happens. It draws better than its overall ratings with 18-49 and they'll let it hang around. Now if the writers would just have faith that the fans will keep watching even if Ed and Carol get together. It might even bring in new viewers.

Roto 10-31-02 12:38 AM

The episode as a whole stunk, BUT did you all miss the last two minutes where Ed and Carol made up? If Ed is done being a jackass then things should be looking up. I will take this episode as a necessary evil if it gets the show turned around. Now Ed can lighten up and the show won't have to be such a downer all the time.

dek 10-31-02 04:16 AM

Ugh, just watched it, blech. If I was out at the store, I used to rush home to make sure I caught Ed, now I'm just indifferent. Sad to say it, but Ed's lost it :( I have Everwood and West Wing still left.

B.A. 10-31-02 07:05 AM

at least the beginning was somewhat funny.

HistoryProf 10-31-02 09:52 AM

yep...it looks like ed's losing it....the novelty has worn off, and what we're left with is the reality that the whole show was predicated on ed/carol tension....and that does not a long-term series make....at least not with these writers ;)

this was probably the lamest hour of Ed yet....here's hoping something turns it around (which unfortunately i don't think can happen without getting Ed and Carol together....and that's their own damn fault)

dek 10-31-02 09:55 AM

BTW, Mollys makeup in the first scene in the coffee shop, talk about repulsive.

Charlie Goose 10-31-02 12:49 PM

Ed had the right idea. Continue treating Carol like crap, she seems to be drawn to those who do. The wedding is soon, how is it going to fall through? It has to, doesn't it? Otherwise the main story is ruined.

Regarding the radio show hosts, are there really even shows like that? I know there are "wacky" morning zoo shows, but those characters they were doing were beyond terrible. Sherlock Holmes-boy? Sally the Sass-tronaut? A show like that would be off the air within six months.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

dolphinboy 10-31-02 03:16 PM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
A show like that would be off the air within six months
Stuckeyville, IN wouldn't have their own morning show or even a radio station for that matter. No teachers are as hot as Carol and there are probably no lawyers who own and work out of bowling alleys. But if a lawyer who worked out of his bowling alley did love a teacher as hot as Carol, certainly he would have been able to tell her that he loved her and ask her to marry him and have a happy life together, rather than date/marry men that are awful for her.

There is no such thing as a vampire slayer either. :)

Fielding Mellish 10-31-02 03:24 PM

All I know is, whoever came up with that Devo-inspired "Ri-Pa Good!" teaser should be shot. Yikes.

Charlie Goose 10-31-02 04:46 PM

Originally posted by dolphinboy

There is no such thing as a vampire slayer either. :)

Of course there are. If there were not, wouldn't the world be chock full of vampires by now?

dolphinboy 10-31-02 07:05 PM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Of course there are. If there were not, wouldn't the world be chock full of vampires by now?

Do they all look as good as Buffy and Faith? If so, we definately have no slayers where I live and we must have a sh*tload of vampires!