Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"24" 10/29 (season premiere)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
When Gaines had Jack under surveillance last year and ordered him to kill Nina...was he unaware of her role in the conspiracy?

It was played out like he had no idea and really expected Jack to ice her. Only his (Jack's) quick thinking in grabbing the kevlar vest saved her, and she escaped to help him...or so we all thought. [/B]
No. Gaines was the first plan from the Drazens, and had no idea of Nina's involvement. It was basically a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing.
Old 10-29-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
I think so. Since the terrorists do not know that he has been killed, I would imagine that Jack will try to infiltrate them again by getting into their good books via killing the only guy that could put away the terrorist. The hacksaw will probably serve as to cut off a identifiable part of his body for proof of death. Just a guess though.
Ah, great point. This'll be interesting to see Jack have to get into the terrorists life...in order to bring them down in 24 hours!
Old 10-29-02, 10:02 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Although it's already too late, please put spoilers for future episodes (including the previews after the show and upcoming guest stars ) in spoiler tags.

Last edited by Groucho; 10-29-02 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-29-02, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts
Just a thought : If Jack really wanted to put his CTU life behind him, he shouldn't have moved into an apartment a block away from CTU headquarters, because only like three minutes elapsed between when he took Palmer's call at home and him showing up at HQ. While we're at it : were they holding that witness there in the building as well?
I wonder how many times Kim will be walking around without pants on during this day.
I assume there will be no face-to-face meeting between Palmer and Bauer this season as that would require flying the President across country to a terrorist site or having Keifer sit on a plane for six episodes.

Overall, I liked it. It takes some guts to run a plotline about Arab terrorists in this day and age. And I also was blown away with the murder, even though they showed Jack's response (and bloody face) on all the previews.
Bring on 9 AM!
Old 10-29-02, 10:24 PM

Originally posted by Decker
I assume there will be no face-to-face meeting between Palmer and Bauer this season as that would require flying the President across country to a terrorist site or having Keifer sit on a plane for six episodes.
Palmer is in Oregon.
Old 10-29-02, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else thinking this will turn out like Sum of all Fears and the bomb will actually go off in LA, and the rest of the episodes in the show will be to stop another bigger one from going off?
Old 10-29-02, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Decker
What if they met each other half way?

The hacksaw thing -- cool.

The abusive husband plot -- yawn.

Reiko Aylesworth [Michelle from CTU] --

I think i'm going to have to stop watching the promos. I knew Jack was going to shoot that scumbag.

Damn promos.
Old 10-29-02, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty strong start. Let's hope they can keep it up. A bit disappointed, but not surprised, that they're not goint to adhere to the 24 hour thing except that one episode follows another. Like last season, CTU is the omnipresent center of the universe. We all knew Jack lived within walking distance of every point in the city from last season, but who knew they could transfer an FBI prisoner there in less than 6 minutes? Nice that Jack has his phone programmed to only ring once when it's the President calling (I know I'm picking nits, but if you're going to build a show on a premise, try to stick to it).

Hopefully Kim won't be the stupid git she was last season. This isn't an 80s horror film. The stupidity of a main character shouldn't drive the plot. Thank God we don't have to put up with Terri any more, who was not only a moron but annoying. At least Kim's hot. As much as I love watching Kim run around half naked, I hope we're not subjected to her getting herself into trouble 7 or 8 more times.

The clear strength is that it appears Bauer and Palmer will be the focus of the story again. Despite some pathetically laughable writing last season, they gave commanding performances that made even the dumbest scenes seem plausible and entertaining. With them at the forefront again, there's definite promise.

das

P.S. Good to see more people getting on board with hating those damn promos. There's a reason some of us REALLY want promo-discussion in spoiler tags.
Old 10-29-02, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually, I got the vibe that the Michelle Forbes character might be a mole in the president's inner circle, Eric is too ambitious and hawkish.

I wouldn't mind the bride-to-be to be the one calling the shots. It would really throw the sneaky sister for a loop.

Kim really grew up in one year. How many blonde women did we have in this episode? Just wait until Tony shows up to get Kim and that butthead is there all piss and vinegar. What an unlikeable, sleazy character that dad is that Kim is nannying for.

Paulie makes me suspect her of something, don't know what, just my radar went up when she's in the room.

Why didn't the prez bump his son into the lake, can't stand the son.

I don't get the feeling that Jack killed the witness, but incapacitated him so he couldn't testify (buys him time to infiltrate Wald's world).

How long did it take Jack to go back into CTU mode? 2 minutes? I guess it's like riding a bike, you never forget.
Old 10-30-02, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn. Jack didn't waste any time did he? I can't wait for next week.
Old 10-30-02, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by movieking
No. Gaines was the first plan from the Drazens, and had no idea of Nina's involvement. It was basically a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing.
As I thought. Ah, those kooky Drazens...nice plan.

You'd have thought that maybe they'd have given him a slight heads-up. ("We've got someone [other than the one you know about]planted in CTU. Don't blithely kill them if you can help it.")

Something on that order...
Old 10-30-02, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by das Monkey
A bit disappointed, but not surprised, that they're not goint to adhere to the 24 hour thing except that one episode follows another.
Do you mean the real time aspect of the show? If so then I agree. Bauer getting to CTU was fine but that prisoner getting there that fast was quite a shock. But, I understand why it was done. Not everything can be perfectly in tune with the real time format or else the show would only be realistic and not necessarily entertaining with some realism.
Old 10-30-02, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Patman
Actually, I got the vibe that the Michelle Forbes character might be a mole in the president's inner circle, Eric is too ambitious and hawkish.
Ya know, I thought the same thing until he asked Eric whether he made the call or not.
I wouldn't mind the bride-to-be to be the one calling the shots. It would really throw the sneaky sister for a loop.
I think the sneaky sister is
Spoiler:
the one that Jack's supposed to hook up with.
Kim really grew up in one year. How many blonde women did we have in this episode?
Ugh. I know. Way too many.
I don't get the feeling that Jack killed the witness, but incapacitated him so he couldn't testify (buys him time to infiltrate Wald's world).
Possible. He did roll him over and check his back. To make sure the bullet went through? Maybe he needed the hacksaw to make sure it did?
Old 10-30-02, 12:30 AM

I enjoyed the first episode of the new season. I'm ready for the new season on dvd for better picture and so on. I like to watch episode after episode. I'm not used to having to wait a whole week for the next episode. I'll have to decide if I want to wait until next year and watch the rest of the season for the first time on dvd or continue watching each week.
Old 10-30-02, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Also, once it's announced tomorrow, can someone please post the how many viewers watched the premiere. Hopefully it's better than that 9 million average last season.
Old 10-30-02, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Shooting that guy was great. I was expecting Jack to rough him up, not shoot him point blank.
Old 10-30-02, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I wonder if Mason had to change his underwear after Jack capped that witness.
Old 10-30-02, 01:05 AM

Received 513 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally posted by PacMan2006
Do you mean the real time aspect of the show? If so then I agree. Bauer getting to CTU was fine but that prisoner getting there that fast was quite a shock. But, I understand why it was done. Not everything can be perfectly in tune with the real time format or else the show would only be realistic and not necessarily entertaining with some realism.
They're in Los Angeles. With all the driving around they do on the show, they'd be stuck in traffic for 18 of the 24 hours. If Jack got on the 405 at 8am it would take 2 episodes for him to get to work.
Old 10-30-02, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, but if you wathed last season it seemed that he got to CTU from his house quickly, too. So, that can be deduced as either a small hole in the concept/gimmick of 24 or that he just lives fairly close to a job where he seems to be needed rather often. It's not that far fetched, really.
Old 10-30-02, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Perhaps, but I really doubt it. If you are going to take a hacksaw to someone, chances are they are going to be dead by the end of it regardless...

...unless maybe the hacksaw is for cutting handcuffs to make it look like the prisoner escaped, or even Keiffer escaped (although I think that from his fake rap sheet, he should be out now since he wanted a parole officer to be in on the game). My bet is for the dismemberment of the body, but I could be wrong.
Old 10-30-02, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts
Originally posted by PacMan2006
Yeah, but if you wathed last season it seemed that he got to CTU from his house quickly, too. So, that can be deduced as either a small hole in the concept/gimmick of 24 or that he just lives fairly close to a job where he seems to be needed rather often. It's not that far fetched, really.
Actually he spent SOME time in the car last season. I think he was in a new apartment this year and he got to CTU in less than five minutes.

I didn't realize the prs was in OR. I guess they will meet face to face, but that still will require flying the pres into LA if they adhere to real time.

Das, everything I've heard is that they'll still use the 24 hr format. Did you hear differently? I don't mind them starting at 8AM instead of the middle of the night as long as they keep the format intact
Old 10-30-02, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
alright here are the spoilers for next week (according to the little ad at the end
Spoiler:
kim decides to escape the house but is stoped by the wife beater, and jack somehow gets beat up
Old 10-30-02, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525
alright here are the spoilers for next week (according to the little ad at the end
Spoiler:
kim decides to escape the house but is stoped by the wife beater, and jack somehow gets beat up
Those are not spoilers, the're just what was shown for next weeks preview.

Man, when they start off the season with Kim in her underwear I have a feeling its going to be a good season.
Old 10-30-02, 07:54 AM

Originally posted by das Monkey
Nice that Jack has his phone programmed to only ring once when it's the President calling (I know I'm picking nits, but if you're going to build a show on a premise, try to stick to it).

das,

Many answering machines will prevent the phone from ringing more than once or twice when there is a message. Since Tony had just called and left a message, the machine figures the owner is not home, and picks up the phone early.
Old 10-30-02, 07:58 AM

Originally posted by Snowmaker
Those are not spoilers, the're just what was shown for next weeks preview.
I don't know if you followed the show last season, but the promos for "24" are so spoiler-filled that many of us don't watch them. It's traditional to put anything revealed in them in tags.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.