Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 10/17/02 - spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-02, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Survivor 10/17/02 - spoilers

The reward challenge was the food auction. Right before the challenge, Jeff let both tribes think for 60 seconds on whether anyone wanted to switch tribes. After 60 seconds, no one switched. Yawn.

The winner of the immunity challenge was Chuay Gahn who won the fish sorting challenge.

Last edited by Patman; 10-17-02 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-17-02, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Line of the night:

"You're not kicking their ass!" Jeff to Robb (the "brain").
Old 10-17-02, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The 5th person to get the boot is

Steph by a vote of 4-?

Boo! I liked that one too!

Last edited by Patman; 10-17-02 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-17-02, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"I'm the only minority on this island." ???

Define "minority" - does it mean "obsessively self-absorbed" - well, you qualify, but you're still not the only one.

I like how Jeff is getting a bit irritated by some of these jokers.

das
Old 10-17-02, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

4-3 I assume. I liked Steph - she was stubborn, but at least she knew what the hell she was talking about.

das
Old 10-17-02, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also Steph was an Arkansan. And a nude one at that. (That was for you Gatordeb. ) Sorry to see her go. I was hoping beyond hope that Robb "The boat goes faster backward" would go. Can't wait to see that dumbass get the boot.
Old 10-17-02, 08:04 PM

I refuse to believe Ted is a software development manager. Half our developers were canned and replaced with contractors in India, and now I see why.
Old 10-17-02, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is it just me, or did Ted lose like 20 pounds in between this episode and last week's episode (3 days in Survivor).
Old 10-17-02, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I sort of get Shiian's "minority" moaning, but I truly think it's her behavior that gets on the nerves of many of her tribe. Also, she's very condescending toward idiots, i.e. Robb.
Old 10-17-02, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Patman •<HR SIZE=1>I sort of get Shiian's "minority" moaning, but I truly think it's her behavior that gets on the nerves of many of her tribe. Also, she's very condescending toward idiots, i.e. Robb. <HR SIZE=1>

Bah, she's just fishing for an excuse. She's a condescending elitist - we have those in all cultures. Put her with a bunch of people that look like her, and she'd still be a condescending elitist. Put Robb with a bunch of people that look like him, and he'd still be an idiot.

das
Old 10-17-02, 08:52 PM

I gotta agree with das there. It's not her cultural heritage (I was born in another part of Asia) that's ticked people off, it's her know-it-all attitude.

While I can't remember her exact title, I was shocked to believe that she's involved with human resources but completely unable to manage relationships with her teammates.
Old 10-17-02, 08:56 PM
Banned

Well I guess i'm the only one that likes Shiian. She definately is the only one with half a frig'n brain on that team. Glad to see steph go. She may have been smarter than most of those lunk-heads, but she has the social skills of Wilson from "Castaway" I swear, doesnt anyone on this show watch the previous rounds? Coming in to the game with an attitude and not cooperating with your own tribe is a ticket straight off the island.

I also noticed that TED is dropping the LBS.

Erin needs to get naked. Otherwise she is worthless.

If only that idiot ROBB would just freak'n die, or quit, or get booted, something to get that moron off of my big screen
Old 10-17-02, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No offense to anyone in HR, but in my experience HR personnel are some of the most bitter, chip-on-my-shoulder, unfriendly people I've encounted in my career, particularly when I worked for the government.

das
Old 10-17-02, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth The NogginDrill •<HR SIZE=1>Erin needs to get naked.<HR SIZE=1>

Now we're getting somewhere. They should have pooled their money and offered her $2000 to drop those heavy and uncomfortable clothes.

das
Old 10-17-02, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 232 Likes on 137 Posts
My wife and I call Robb "Kelso," because he's by far the dumbest guy they've ever had on Survivor.

(For those that don't catch the reference, think "That 70's Show.")
Old 10-17-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dstrauss
My wife and I call Robb "Kelso," because he's by far the dumbest guy they've ever had on Survivor.

(For those that don't catch the reference, think "That 70's Show.")
That's insulting to Kelso.
Old 10-17-02, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally posted by Boot
Also Steph was an Arkansan. And a nude one at that. (That was for you Gatordeb. ) Sorry to see her go. I was hoping beyond hope that Robb "The boat goes faster backward" would go. Can't wait to see that dumbass get the boot.

I thought Robb and Shi-Ann were on the mend after that hug and happiness at winning the challenge next week?

Pigtails bought herself a ticket home as soon as Chuay-Gahn loses immunity.
Old 10-17-02, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Shii-Ann almost got voted out again. Though this time it's not as close as last one. I don't think her personality is that is the problem as some of you seem to suggest. At least she was able to convince Jake not to vote her as he did in the previous tribal council.
Old 10-18-02, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's funny that they are all out there starving, and here is this girl who is not wasting any bit of the animal and they make fun of her for being "disgusting."

Ummm, if you're hungry and only have a limited number of chickens to eat, isn't it smart to eat everything edible and not let it go to waste?

Some of those people must think they are at KFC: "I'll just eat the white meat." I'm sure the Donner party wasn't that picky.

It figures that Robb hates Shii Ann-- if he had another brain cell it would be lonely.

That whole "offer" to switch the tribes was lame. Jeff should have offered them something of value, like $$$ to buy food or immunity at a future tribal council, or SOMETHING to make people do it. The whole "Nope, no one's interested--Next" thing was pretty anti-climactic.

And speaking of anti-climactic, the previews certainly made a mountain out of the molehill of Robb's injury. They made it seem like someone was seriously going to be out of the game a la burn guy from Australia.
Old 10-18-02, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate it when they let the contestants buy food. I want to see them starve and fight amoung themselves. Being full does not equal good television.
Old 10-18-02, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

in the asian culture, you eat the neck, heart, any part of the chicken are edible

Robb and Stephanie seems lazy to me and they barely do their part.

She-Devil is a worker and @ least she does her part. if u want to be like and last for a long time, you better do something. i.g. look @ lazy Jed, he got voted off for being lazy.
Old 10-18-02, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The whole offering people to switch things was a dumb idea anyway, because anyone in their right mind wouldn't do it. If they did switch sides they would most likely get voted out the next time at tribal council or if they actually survived until the merge they would have a whole bunch of people from the tribe they left mad at them.
Old 10-18-02, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems like the next people to be voted off from each tribe are already picked - Jen and Shi Ann. I would love to see Robb go though. I just can't stand that guy.

I thought that it was really unnecessary that Shi Ann bring the "culture card" into it. Fine, it grossed some of her tribe members out about what she ate from the chicken, but that had seemingly no affect on why people voted for her (if you don't count her unsanitary eating habits).
Old 10-18-02, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Shiian is elitist? I don't see that. It's more like she is much smarter and more interesting than Robb and his booby sidekick. From what they've shown us so far, Shi is the one tribester I would want to hang with.
Old 10-18-02, 08:09 AM
Banned

I wanted to see them eat live insects, not fried & seasoned insects!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.