Reload this Page >

Bravo channel to become....NBC 2?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-16-02, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess NBC is in talks to take over Bravo.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../tv_nm/bravo_1

Bravo has already made a deal to broadcast reruns of The West Wing beginning next year.

From the article:

Bravo, a channel with more than 60 million subscribers that shows films and television shows like "Inside The Actors Studio," would give NBC an important entertainment channel to launch new programming and "repurpose" some of its existing programming.

Why do I get the feeling Bravo is going to become NBCs dumping ground for reruns of Providence and Third Watch?

Just when it was getting good with Larry Sanders and the occasional interesting movie.
Old 10-16-02, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
I'm all for it. Sometimes you miss an episode or if you record stuff, there are 3 or more things that you like on at the same time (which is certainly true for me in West Wing's timeslot: WW, The Bachelor, Fastlane). I don't watch Bravo anyway so if they want recycle the programs a week or 2 later, I think that is great.
Old 10-16-02, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quoth Red Dog <HR SIZE=1>I'm all for it. Sometimes you miss an episode or if you record stuff, there are 3 or more things that you like on at the same time (which is certainly true for me in West Wing's timeslot: WW, The Bachelor, Fastlane). I don't watch Bravo anyway so if they want recycle the programs a week or 2 later, I think that is great. <HR SIZE=1>

I have no problem with Fastlane or The Bachelor, but if you're skipping The West Wing for them, you should be shot ... in the face.

das
Old 10-16-02, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Quoth Red Dog <HR SIZE=1>I'm all for it. Sometimes you miss an episode or if you record stuff, there are 3 or more things that you like on at the same time (which is certainly true for me in West Wing's timeslot: WW, The Bachelor, Fastlane). I don't watch Bravo anyway so if they want recycle the programs a week or 2 later, I think that is great. <HR SIZE=1>

I have no problem with Fastlane or The Bachelor, but if you're skipping The West Wing for them, you should be shot ... in the face.

das

It's tough. I really like The Bachelor because I think it is the most hysterical thing on television - a bunch of women getting riled up and competitive over some guy they just met. Funnier than any comedy that is for sure. WW is my primary viewing at 9 on Wednesday. I record The Bachelor and catch Fastlane on the MTV rebroadcasts. Fortunately, I've been home every Wed of the new season so far so no problem. I don't know what I'll do if I am not home on a Wednesday - if Bravo recycles WW, then that simplifies the decision.
Old 10-16-02, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Remember when Bravo used to be a great commercial-free movie channel? ::sigh::
Old 10-16-02, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In Canada, they air Sex and the City on Bravo. I'm not sure if Bravo is the exact same channel it is up North, but I would like that. They do air Larry Sanders, so you never know.

NBC doesn't need a cable outlet. Right now, Third Watch is on A&E, SNL from last season is on E!, Conan is on Comedy Central, and Law and Order is everywhere. Just use CNBC and air something other than informericals when the stock market's closed.
Old 10-17-02, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would like to see West Wing repeats start from the first season. I never watched this show, but it is something I wish I had gotten into.
Old 10-17-02, 10:02 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you're going to skip The West Wing for anything, you should skip it for The Amazing Race.
Old 10-17-02, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by Static Cling
If you're going to skip The West Wing for anything, you should skip it for The Amazing Race.
How true!

Chris
Old 10-17-02, 10:02 PM

Here, here, Static Cling.

I have never seen West Wing. If I miss the premiere episode of a series as I did with WW, it will be virtually impossible for it to make my regular viewing schedule.

However, I do plan on buying Sports Night (also with Aaron Sorkin) when it comes out on dvd.
Old 10-17-02, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth Barings <HR SIZE=1>I have never seen West Wing. If I miss the premiere episode of a series as I did with WW, it will be virtually impossible for it to make my regular viewing schedule.

However, I do plan on buying Sports Night (also with Aaron Sorkin) when it comes out on dvd.
<HR SIZE=1>

You won't regret it. And if you do, give me a call ... I'll drop by your house and smack you.

das