Survivor October 9th Tag-less spoilers.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-09-02, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

What I think will happen (PST here, haven't seen it yet):

Sook Jai will beat the pants off Chuay Gahn and Ghandia will go.

Or is that just wishful thinking
Old 10-10-02, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor October 9th Tag-less spoilers.

Originally posted by GatorDeb
What I think will happen (PST here, haven't seen it yet):

Sook Jai will beat the pants off Chuay Gahn and Ghandia will go.

Or is that just wishful thinking
Sook Jai better find some food for strenght if they want to beat Chauy Gahn for the IM challenge.
Old 10-10-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Survivor is on October 10th.
Old 10-10-02, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought yesterday was Thursday Can a mode edit the title please?
Old 10-10-02, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GatorDeb
I thought yesterday was Thursday
That's something a 'Nole would do.
Old 10-10-02, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Poor Chuay GONE! They lost both challenges.
Old 10-10-02, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And the one that gets the boot is:

Ghandia - thank goodness!

Last edited by Patman; 10-10-02 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-10-02, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ding dong the bitch is gone. Buh bye...
Old 10-10-02, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Helen did say about the rift between the women and men, "sometimes you just have to swallow to stay alive" right? I didn't just hear that in a dream? I hope Erin swallows.

Aaaaanyway ... glad to have Ghandia out. I was tired of listening to her when she started bitching about women being better than men in the first 10 minutes of the first episode. She got progressively more annoying every moment after that.

das
Old 10-10-02, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Yes, thank God Ghandia's gone. I think Helen made the right decision by voting her out. It would have done her no good to go into the merge with only Ghandia and Jan on her side.

OK any thoughts as to what the "big deal" Jeff's going to offer everyone next week will be? I think he's going to give everyone like 60 seconds to decide if they want to switch tribes.
Old 10-10-02, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by JuryDuty OK any thoughts as to what the "big deal" Jeff's going to offer everyone next week will be? I think he's going to give everyone like 60 seconds to decide if they want to switch tribes. [/B]
At first I was thinking they would offer everyone $5-10k and they could quit now but then the show would be shorter if people did so that's out. Then I was thinking maybe you give up immunity for 1 or 2 voting sessions for some food. But also the switching/combining tribes thing might be it too.
Old 10-10-02, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The way it's been the past 2 editions, once the body count gets to 12, they do some form of tribal switching.

Last season they kept the number on each tribe the same, but the composition was different based on random luck.

In Africa, they tricked 3 of each tribe to pick to go meet with the other tribe, and those 3 were swapped with the 3 from the other tribe.

They'll definitely make it more interactive in terms of tribal switching next week.
Old 10-10-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And what's up with Stephanie metaphorically painting that big red "X" on her forehead by not playing nice with the rest of Sook Jai? You have to think that she's also a goner if Sook Jai lost this immunity challenge.
Old 10-10-02, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone else think Jeff's just sick of being out in the boonies? He scolded clay for writing a nickname "Yeah, i can't even read this. Write a name next time enough with the nicknames" ...

And the challenge a couple of weeks ago on the water, where they had to confront each other at the bridge, he sounded annoyed every time he had to call someone out.

Old 10-10-02, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

SHE DID NOT!!!!

Is this the first time that it's out in the tribal council who voted for who without the privacy?

Anyone notice after Robb in the opening credits there's a snake?
I thought the Robb-Shii hug was so sweet
And Robb talking to the chicken that guy is nuts.

Back to the vote, doesn't she realize that the way to stay in the game is NOT VOTING FOR GHANDIA?!?!?!?! Now the guys will pick off the girls.

And some of the guys' take on women I wanted to slap blondie silly.
Old 10-10-02, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Anyone else think Jeff's just sick of being out in the boonies? He scolded clay for writing a nickname "Yeah, i can't even read this. Write a name next time enough with the nicknames" ...
That was funny. He was soooo irritated. Serves him right, is it so hard to write a simple name? I would even try to change my handwriting each time just to throw people off track.

Chuay Gahn is completely lost, aren't they? At first, I though they were the underdogs, but they are really just...uh, what's the word? Oh, right, "losers". They have been going down in flames for weeks.
Old 10-10-02, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jeez my prediction on the first post became true and I don't know why but I wanted it to be male against female and have the male on the losing side

Anyone notice Helen's gone from the previews? I think something bad happens to Helen (G-d forbid), nothing life-threatening but enough that she has to leave the island, and what Jeff is proposing is replacing her with a member of Sook Jai in exchange for some food/accessories, etc.
Old 10-10-02, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Quoth GatorDeb <HR SIZE=1>Back to the vote, doesn't she realize that the way to stay in the game is NOT VOTING FOR GHANDIA?!?!?!?! Now the guys will pick off the girls.

And some of the guys' take on women I wanted to slap blondie silly.
<HR SIZE=1>

Well, since she's not a whining complaining self-absorbed bitch, I don't see anyone targeting her in particular. The sexism was quite clearly started by Ghandia. And I think it was obvious that "Blondie" was mocking them with his comments. If she hadn't gone psycho over what seemed to be an innocent mistake and started spreading stories after accepting Ted's apology, there probably wouldn't have been a rift between the guys and girls. Let's see: she's completely useless on mental challenges, she's completely useless on physical challenges, she complains non-stop, and she's crazy. Assuming something will shake up the tribes or at least cause a merger before they're down to 3 people in the tribe, there's aboslutely no reason to keep her around (except for keeping her as an obvious target for the future). If anything, her voting off Supreme Goddess Ghandia will endear her to the three guys on the team.

das
Old 10-11-02, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Glad Ghandia is gone as well, but voting her off seemed a weird strategic move for the women, unless they are hoping for a merge. Don't you think Ted realizes when he says that he never wants to see Ghandia again that he'll have to be around her in post-show gatherings? I don't blame him, but he's going to have to save face later possibly.
Old 10-11-02, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thank God she's gone !

They should have gotten kicked her off on the 1st show, perhaps
they would be a more solid team now.

Anyway, Helen made the right move voting off Ghandia.
She now looks like she is with the men. If they loose immunity next wrinkles will go next. She bought herself time.

The tribes will probably merge very soon too.
It didn't make sense to vote off a man and keep a woman who is useless and a troublemaker.
Old 10-11-02, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Gone-dia was a total waste of space.

Now to Sook Jai's problem child:

Stephanie's one of the most capable people in the game, but her social skills stink. She's basically ostracized just about everyone in her tribe in the day-to-day part of the game. If her tribe loses immunity next time, she's probably got the biggest target for getting the boot.

Sure, she's got a "I don't give a crap what people say" attitude (she was brazen enough to go swimming topless in the first few days of the game), but that sort of attitude will get you booted sooner, rather than later.

Robb makes Jethro Bodine seems like a rocket scientist. He's one of bigger man-childs on reality TV shows.
Old 10-11-02, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY

And the challenge a couple of weeks ago on the water, where they had to confront each other at the bridge, he sounded annoyed every time he had to call someone out.

I know. His attitude's been a little surprising to me. For the challenge, I kinda understood. I mean, they KEPT ON doing the SAME THING even when he warned them not to. But scolding the guy for using a nickname--what's with that? I think Jeff needs a vacation...at home.
Old 10-11-02, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thought last nights show was nothing special. You had to assume that they would vote off the women, since she basically cost them the first challenge, and sure didn't help on the one they lost last night. Plus, she admitted herself after she got voted off, she was playing it all wrong, bringing up the whole sexual issue, and making such a big deal of it. Basically splitting the tribe in two. Maybe I"m dumb, but I believe Ted, cause it's not like the woman is attractive or something, plus he's gotta realize there are cameras everywhere.

The team should be stronger now, they couldn't afford to lose a strong male, in replace of keeping the women together. I think the men will at least take out granny before the swim instructor, since that makes the most sense strehgth-wise.

Looks exciting next week, appears somebody gets attacked, or something. You see the guy drop down in the ocean all of a sudden. I"m guessing somebody gets hurt and they're offering stuff to the other tribe members to jump camps, with the thought there is a merge coming soon.. so they can be reunited soon.

Good stuff, but it's no bb3. (usually I like survivor more, but not so far)

Last edited by SpaceBoy; 10-11-02 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-11-02, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I also am glad that Ghandia got the boot last night. It was wise to keep Ted, since he will be useful due to his strength. That particular tribe needs a shakeup dramatically, so maybe next weeks occurence will do something about that. At first I was thinking about them paying off people to leave, but then would they still follow the same tribal council routine? Let's say two people left, if that was the case. Would that mean that the next two tribal councils would be cancelled?
Old 10-11-02, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't wonder if they'll do a tribal shake-up like they have for the last few seasons, only following the method that they employed at the beginning of this season by having someone in each tribe (the youngest member, maybe?) choose who moves over to the other tribe.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.