Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Who else is sick of the Baseball playoffs on Fox?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-02, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They took over the Simpsons tonight and they keep taking over the Seinfeld/Simpson reruns on weeknights. I'd rather watch a Seinfeld rerun than the boring baseball shown on Fox.
Old 10-06-02, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't like baseball either, but there are alot of people who do who would be sad if they couldn't see them. Hopefully they are over soon though.
Old 10-06-02, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
College sports all the way...

The MLB, NFL, NBA are too commercial...

and the thought of those bastards threatening to go on strike because they didn't get paid enough....WTF?

The Simpsons (even though it is reruns) and Seinfeld all the way.

And those bastards took over last Tuesday night of That 70s Show....and this Tuesday night too. I am royally pissed.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my easy days of only two morning classes...where I have time to watch my shows (taped and same night shows)
Old 10-06-02, 08:06 PM

Well, for two nights you have football at least.
Old 10-06-02, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am in 100% agreement with you. In fact I started a thread about the same thing.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=241581

Although your title is more descriptive than mine.
Old 10-06-02, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Bring on more Baseball!

I would rather watch Baseball than some crap sitcom.

The shows I like are postponed but they will be back so I don't see what the big deal is. Networks will always put sports on over anything else because sports bring in big ratings.

Hey look at it this way, you can catch up on that stack of DVDs you haven't watched yet.
Old 10-06-02, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, bring on the semi-annual bitching about sports. It kinda happens every year ... get used to it. Go ahead an brace yourself for NBA playoffs and March Madness and Monday Night Football. They kinda happen every year as well. (And I'll brace myself for this thread ... it also happens every year).

People forget that the MLB playoffs allow FOX to start its shows later in the year providing brand new episodes in spots when the other networks are bombarding us with re-runs.

das
Old 10-06-02, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
Yeah, bring on the semi-annual bitching about sports. It kinda happens every year ... get used to it. Go ahead an brace yourself for NBA playoffs and March Madness and Monday Night Football. They kinda happen every year as well. (And I'll brace myself for this thread ... it also happens every year).

People forget that the MLB playoffs allow FOX to start its shows later in the year providing brand new episodes in spots when the other networks are bombarding us with re-runs.

das
Wow! Another sarcastic post from Mr. das monkey...

What's that? Number 1,000,001?
Old 10-06-02, 10:36 PM

Bernie Mac Instead of Baseball!

I agree that Baseball playoffs should be moved to one of Fox's sister stations (FX or Fox Sports), especially for quarter final action.

I loved Bernie Mac's commercial where he says something like: "Baseball is America's pastime? What Fox don't understand is Bernie Mac is an American pastime!"

As for das Monkey's comments, they seemed sincere enough to me!
Old 10-06-02, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Yankees lost.. count me in baseball playoffs suck
Old 10-06-02, 11:06 PM
Banned

I rushed home after the movies for the Simpsons today. What do I get instead? Boring baseball! I hope Fox brings back the Simpsons ASAP.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bet the ratings will be alot higher for the Giants/Braves game than any Simpson show.

Sorry, but you are out numbered on this one.

You could find people who hate the Simpsons and wish they were off the air. You live in a country with many poeple that have the same TV tastes as you and many who do not share the same tastes.

If Baseball is cutting out the Simpsons, then maybe you should pop in a show from the DVD set, this would solve your problem.
Needs to provide a working email

Why couldn't Osama decide the best way to terrorize the American public is by taking out all professional athletes?

It'd improve my opinion of him.
Old 10-06-02, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
Why couldn't Osama decide the best way to terrorize the American public is by taking out all professional athletes?

This is a sick/twisted joke. 3,000 people died and that should never be used as a joke in any way.

The man killed men, women, children...nothing can improve the opinion of him - he is a cold blooded killer.
Old 10-06-02, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's not fair though. I was working from 5 to 7 with the idea that I could get a half hour break from work and just veg out in front of the simpsons. Instead I get dumb baseball and have to go back to work again. I like Bernie Mac's attitude; he's my pastime, not baseball. If they would just start the games earlier and not have to miss the simpsons, i wouldn't care.
Old 10-07-02, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Barings, don't mind him. He's probably still mad that Six Feet Under only won 6 Emmys, the most of any dramatic program.

huzefa, I disagree. We get new episodes of our favorite shows (the ones that don't get canned, something on which I'd rather focus anger towards FOX) 20-25 weeks out of the year. Taking two weeks out to show the playoffs of the World Series really isn't that bad. Everyone can't get his way the whole time, and it's not like we're actually missing any episodes.

It does suck when a local station pre-empts a show and bumps a new episode to some random latenight timeslot to televise something, but what Fox is doing harms no one and makes room for all to be happy. Those who want playoffs get them for the next two weeks, and then all the new FOX dramas will kick in for the duration of the primary season. What's not fair is to expect sports fans to run to cable to find the playoffs leading to the World Series. I wouldn't be too happy if the season finale of 24 were buried on FX.

There are 52 weeks in a year. Let the World Series have 2 or 3 of them.

das
Old 10-07-02, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm not a big baseball fan, but I don't mind the coverage. like das said, it's only 2 weeks. besides, they are not canning any airings, bumping them up serves both fans of the game and fans of the shows equally, as you get to see the show after the game. no harm, no foul.

and yes, to expect sports fans to go to strange stations such as "ABC family" to watch a game is way to much. How many folks actually get that anyhow. a game squeezed in between saved by the bell and some other crappy show is not good buisness. this way it gets the attention it deserves for the 2 weeks. Really, is 2 weeks so much to ask?
Old 10-07-02, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by conscience
What's that? Number 1,000,001?
It's prolly off by an order of magnatude.

I wonder if he'll loan me a copy of Firefly?

Count me in. Bring back the local broadcast blackout rules.
Old 10-07-02, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Darren Garrison

Worst. Joke. Ever.

The Simpsons has had a delayed start for years. No biggie. Since I love baseball and am a fan I don't mind.
Old 10-07-02, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Seinfeld reruns are the ONLY thing I watch on Fox.....
Old 10-07-02, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Baseball on FOX =
Old 10-07-02, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Who else is sick of the Baseball playoffs on Fox?

Originally posted by huzefa
They took over the Simpsons tonight and they keep taking over the Seinfeld/Simpson reruns on weeknights. I'd rather watch a Seinfeld rerun than the boring baseball shown on Fox.
Usually I am 100% with you but The Twinds have mad ethe postseason so I am actually happy I get to see that!!! The only thing that sucks is that when they play at night I will have to tape the shows I usually watch! Guess i could have bigger things to bitch about.
Old 10-07-02, 04:55 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HEY GUYS THE PLAYOFF HAD JUST STARTED. THERE WILL BE AT LEAST COUPLE TO 3 MORE WEEKS OF BASEBALL. GOOD LUCK DEALING WITH THAT,
Old 10-07-02, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
If it means I never have to see Fastlane...

Bring on the Baseball!!
Old 10-07-02, 09:47 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by rabbit77
Worst. Joke. Ever.
Oh, I'd be perfectly happy to see all of those spoiled, overpaid, drug-popping useless athletes disappear from the face of this Earth. And that isn't a joke. FAR too much attention in this country is given to a bunch of overgrown 5 year-olds hitting, kicking, bouncing, or throwing balls. I wouldn't weep for their absence.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.