John Doe 09.27.2002

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

John Doe 09.27.2002

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-02, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Doe 09.27.2002

Holy Schnizit! It's Laura Palmer's mom!!

I guess the rhythm of the show is...prelude/story/conclusion/mini-revelation tease.

Works for me.
Old 09-27-02, 09:36 PM

I'm really liking this show so far. A lot more than Firefly. Although Firefly tonight was better than the premiere. But I digress, I hope they keep up with more good episodes like the first two. All these teases make me want to watch next week and the rest of the season to find out more.

Chris
Old 09-27-02, 10:03 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the mini revelations at the end too. Great first two episodes. I'm also happy to see William Forsythe as a part of the cast. He was the main reason I watched UC Undercover.

Okay I'm off to watch my Tivo'd "That Was Then".
Old 09-27-02, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty cool show. I missed the first one, so this was my intro to it. It took me a while to catch on to a few things, but I think I'm more or less caught up. What was revealed about the character in the first show that I wouldn't have gotten from the second show?
Old 09-27-02, 10:33 PM
Needs to provide a working email

I had the same thoughts-- John Doe good, Firefly mediocre at best.
Old 09-27-02, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Boot
What was revealed about the character in the first show that I wouldn't have gotten from the second show?
Basically he woke up out at sea, a boat finds him, he knows every little fact possible, but doesn't know who he is or any personal info on other people. He sees in black and white, but there's been a few items or people so far he can see in color- no reason for this is known yet. He quickly found a place to live and got independantly wealthy by first knowing the best horses to bet on to get a few $1000 together and then investing that money in the stocks most likely to grow on that day. Oh, and according to a woman calling out to him on a boat, his real name is Tommy.
Old 09-27-02, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another good episode. This show just flies by for me time wise. It will be interesting to see who that was at the end of the episode if they ever say. They never did tell who the woman was at the end of the last episode.
Old 09-28-02, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Where was the location at the end? The middle east obviously, but what part?
Old 09-28-02, 12:33 AM
cheenno

Did I miss something? Who is Laura Palmer? I assume her mom was the lady in the end, but I don't see how she is connected to anyone else unless I missed something. which I probably did considering how many times I was interrupted while watching it.
Old 09-28-02, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by cheenno
Did I miss something? Who is Laura Palmer? I assume her mom was the lady in the end, but I don't see how she is connected to anyone else unless I missed something. which I probably did considering how many times I was interrupted while watching it.
Laura Palmer = Twin Peaks

which is a whole different show
Old 09-28-02, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hrmm.

The guy sees colors, did he see any colors this show?. In the first one..he saw the girl.. (the young one). and he saw the car. What was the connection? Because at the end of the first show, he saw the girl with the scarf that was colored. I wonder how that all ties in.

I love the teasers at the end.
Old 09-28-02, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I missed some of the show at various points. What exactly happened? The Asian guy was about to kill the daughter, but John Doe stopped him, and said that he knew what had happened to his wife and daughter. I guess the white father was a bad guy somehow, since they dragged him off in handcuffs. Can someone give me a a qquick recap? Thanks...
Old 09-28-02, 06:54 AM

Received 96 Likes on 36 Posts
Mr. Pickford was in shipping. John Doe noticed a piece of cargo missing from the manifest; they found the shipping container in the water between ship and shore. It was full of Vietnamese (illegal) immigrants -- including, apparently, Nguyen's brother and daughter. Evidently Pickford dumped it when he thought he was going to get caught with it, and he just let all those people drown.
Old 09-28-02, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I see. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-28-02, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well, all I can say is- Nobody likes a know-it-all.
Old 09-28-02, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

was it india that was @ the end of the 2nd ep? who that lady that saw the pix of JD on seatle newspaper?
Old 09-29-02, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I finally sat down and watch both episode of John Doe. They were a couple of the fastest moving episodes of TV I've seen in quite a while.

I don't know how much longer the audience can believe how much stuff JD knows at the drop of a hat, and still make it plausible. I'm wondering if he's a government project that went awry and he got out, but not before getting a persona mind erase. I guess there's that form of amnesia that affects the details of one's identity, but they retain the rest of their knowledge bank.

I was chuckling when he instantly knows languages. Why hasn't the CIA picked up this guy?

Anyhow, I'll stick around for at least another 10 episodes to see how long they can string the audience along without resorting to cheesy plot devices to keep his identity this big mystery.
Old 09-29-02, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The shot appeared to be in either.

the middle east/or India. Not sure..kinda looked like jersualim.

And I think that John Doe is part of some sort of experiement with the govt/ and or some big company (microsoft?)

Interesting.
Old 09-29-02, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
John Doe is really a "Supa Covert Solja"
Old 09-29-02, 11:19 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I hope the 'mini-revelations' will eventually have a pay-off, and not just be dead ends like the first one.

The police captain had a point - if he's going to handle evidence without gloves, he's not helping in the long run.

I'm not too impressed when a show establishes formula with its second ep. - that was a problem I had with last year's Smallville.
Old 09-29-02, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Another fine show!

It really is one of the faster moving shows on TV, which shouldn't be too much a surprise, its exec. produced by Mimi Leder and the first two eps were directed by her. Say what you will about her feature work, she does some great work on TV.

I was thinking from the first week teasers that the mystery of the woman on the boat was going to be solved this week, but I'm glad it wasn't. Keep feeding me pieces of the puzzle cause I'll keep following!

And every show need a plucky young female!
Old 09-29-02, 10:10 PM

This is an awesome, show, fox finally did someone right i think,
Old 09-30-02, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Two good episodes, now let's see if they can keep this up?
Old 09-30-02, 10:00 AM

Argh, I didn't watch the 9/20 episode until yesterday so I didn't know how good this was. Now I've missed the 9/27 episode.
Old 10-01-02, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Jericho
Laura Palmer = Twin Peaks

which is a whole different show
The fabulous actress to whom they are referring is Grace Zabriskie... also know as Mrs. Ross (George's fiance Susan's mother) on Seinfeld. She is the mysterious woman in the final scene of this episode who gets the news article regarding Tommy/John Doe.

Judging by where her named appeared in the opening credits of this episode, we're headed for something VERY cool, boys and girls!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.