Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

friends 9/26 contains spoilers wo tags and news on possibly another season of friends

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: who will Rachel pick tonight?
Ross
73.33%
Joey
0%
other/dont care
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

friends 9/26 contains spoilers wo tags and news on possibly another season of friends

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-02, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are talks that there might be another season if they pay the cast enough money, they will return for another one.

well, tonight starts the new season, who do you think will end up with who. i think that Ross will end up with Rachel any way but it could go any way
Old 09-26-02, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6.5 hours to go!!!

i wouldn't mind seeing them for another season. although, i hope that the writing/plot gets better.
Old 09-26-02, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dunno what they can do with another season of this stuff. Maybe it's time to just call it quits after this season.

as for the choice rachel makes.. Not sure
Old 09-26-02, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Now 3 hours to go!

BTW, Ross will get Rachel, well, someday!
Old 09-26-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rachel won't pick any of them... Or actually won't be picked by any of them :P Joey will back off, while Ross is a wimp and wants to "take it slow".
Old 09-26-02, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Only 40 minutes to go; She's gonna pick ROSS! This is the show's absolute LAST CHANCE to get these two together. If they do, then you can bet the season (or SERIES) finale will be these two getting married.
Old 09-26-02, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by huzefa
Only 40 minutes to go; She's gonna pick ROSS! This is the show's absolute LAST CHANCE to get these two together. If they do, then you can bet the season (or SERIES) finale will be these two getting married.

I thought it was a pretty good season opener. Many funny parts. A lot from Gould. Ross was actually funny tonight!

Rachel doesn't "pick" anyone tonight.

After everyone thinking something different (especially from Phoebe, the three (Joey, Rachel, and Ross) come in at the end and work it out.

Ross want to take it slow...he just wants to "date".

And Joey doesn't want to hurt any of them. Remember he never actually proposed.

Monica and Chandler are still trying to make a baby in the janitor's closet. Jack Geller, Monica and Ross's father (Elliott Gould) accidentally sees them having sex in the closet. Later, he scoots pamphlets under the janitors closet, but this time it isn't them. He asks for them back. Gould is great in this part. We also hear of his gas problems...

Joey sees some of Rachel's breast.

The episode ends with Ross saying (about the "proposal" from Joey)

"You said yes."
Old 09-26-02, 09:58 PM

I think Gould was the funniest character in this episode. Come to think of it, most of his appearances are always hilarious
Old 09-26-02, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
I missed the very ending there. So it ended with a semi-cliffhanger in the hospital room, huh?

I had one logic problem during the episode : Monica admired Rachel's ring but didn't realize that it was her mother's? That doesn't make any sense. Did I miss something there?
Old 09-26-02, 11:23 PM

Was it her mother's, or grandmother's? I can't remember.
Old 09-26-02, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This episode was even funnier the first time I saw it 20 years ago when it was known as "Three's Company".

"Friends" used to have superior writing and characters that you really cared about. It hasn't sunk enough to be called terrible, but it's definitely headed in that direction.

Honk
Old 09-26-02, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Colonel Mustard
Was it her mother's, or grandmother's? I can't remember.
Grandmothers. I found it odd too that Monica still didn't recognize it; Ross recognized it, so why not her? Also what the hell is up with Ross? Does he actively try to screw up his relationships? You just know he's not going to want Rachel anymore (for the next couple of episodes) because she said yes. This is gonna be another one of those 'we were on a break!'-type moments. I hope he gets over this 'She said yes' thing quickly.
Old 09-26-02, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Even though I detest this show, here's some info courtesy of tvguide.com :

"NEVER SAY NEVER: Friends may be there for us one more year after all. According to Variety, the buzz in Hollywood is that the Emmy-winning sitcom -- which kicks off its ninth season tonight (8 pm/ET) -- could very well see a 10th year. "It's going to come back," one major network exec was quoted as saying. "When push comes to shove, there's going to be too much money involved for everybody to walk away now... NBC's going to milk this being the final season for all it's worth, and lo and behold, it will be renewed for another year." Another high-placed insider says that the show's big Emmy win Sunday only increases the odds that the sextet will agree to return next fall. "The Emmy validates what they're doing," says the source. "The cast all realizes what a great gig this is. They work three and a half days a week, they're working with their best friends, and they're making an ungodly amount of money. As long as the stories are rich and funny, why not come back?" (Because they want to go out on top, silly.)"
Old 09-27-02, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heh Heh, great episode but Tivo kinda gave away what was going to happen...the episode was called "The One Where No One Proposes" :-)

Sam
Old 09-27-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I kinda hope they don't have another season. The show isn't nearly as good as it was and now that they have a married couple and two of them have a baby together, it's probably time for the characters to grow past most of the comedy. I've loved the show, but I haven't been too happy about the way it's been going.
Old 09-27-02, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
This episode was even funnier the first time I saw it 20 years ago when it was known as "Three's Company".

"Friends" used to have superior writing and characters that you really cared about. It hasn't sunk enough to be called terrible, but it's definitely headed in that direction.

I agree. Friends has been on a steady downhill course ever since Ross' last proposal/marriage to Rachel in Vegas.
Old 09-27-02, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Please kill this show. Please. Its turning into 'Days of our lives' with unfunny jokes. I wonder if they'll start looking at the phone with an arched eyebrow when they hang it up (with some "Dom dum Duuuuuuum" music).

I don't think they'll go for another year with how succesful Scrubs is going to be this year.

Maybe they can make a spin off with Gould and Joey -- the only two funny characters left.
Old 09-27-02, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by huzefa
Grandmothers. I found it odd too that Monica still didn't recognize it; Ross recognized it, so why not her? Also what the hell is up with Ross? Does he actively try to screw up his relationships? You just know he's not going to want Rachel anymore (for the next couple of episodes) because she said yes. This is gonna be another one of those 'we were on a break!'-type moments. I hope he gets over this 'She said yes' thing quickly.
I am guessing he remembers the ring because his grandmother gave it to him recently to give to Rachel.

Do you think that he wouldn't know what the ring looks like befoe giving it to Rachel?

Monica could have easily not have known. I don't go around looking at my grandmothers rings.
Old 09-27-02, 07:35 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought the show went too long with last season. IMO.
Old 09-29-02, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought the episode was extremely funny. I think only Phoebe's schtick has gotten old.

Chandler, Ross and Elliot Gould were hilarious.
Old 09-29-02, 04:59 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by conscience
I thought it was a pretty good season opener. Many funny parts. A lot from Gould. [....] Gould is great in this part. We also hear of his gas problems...
Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
Chandler, Ross and Elliot Gould were hilarious.
Should Gould get a spin-off show?

Last time I saw a bio article on him he was virtually broke as a result of some bad busines advice and having to pay back some enormous debts. Not itself a reason for starting a spin off I know but....
Old 09-29-02, 12:13 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
This was an 'ok' episode. Should have been much better for a season premiere, IMO.

I can't complain, since I think it's still the best sit-com on tv.