DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   what tv episode have you seen the most times? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/238247-what-tv-episode-have-you-seen-most-times.html)

Rypro 525 09-20-02 02:29 PM

what tv episode have you seen the most times?

the individual episode that i have seen the most times is the frank grimes episode of the simpsons.

Red Dog 09-20-02 03:01 PM

That is a great question.

My guess is that it is either an episode of MASH or The Simpsons. I'll say the Adams Ribs episode of MASH.

AJW 09-20-02 03:11 PM

Probably one of the classic 39 epiosdes of The Honeymooners.
I'll say either "The Golfer" (Hello Ball) or "Better Living Through Television" (The Chef Of The Future)

shimmoril 09-20-02 03:18 PM

Probably either a Simpsons episode or a B5 ep. Not sure which...

writteninstars 09-20-02 03:25 PM

Most episodes of Buffy, but in particular, Something Blue, The Gift, Bargaining Part 1 & 2, Intervention, Once More w/ Feeling, Hush, Tabula Rasa, Becoming Part 1 & 2, Lover's Walk, Two to Go and Grave.

~wis

mdc3000 09-20-02 03:32 PM

Seinfeld "The Contest"
Simpsons - too many to list
The Sopranos - Pilot

MATT

Decker 09-20-02 03:38 PM

Easy for me:
Fawlty Towers - "Basil the Rat" aka "The Health Inspector".
Saw it on PBS in '80 or '81. Bought it on comedy tape a few years later in England. Bought the screenplay book in late 80's. Taped in on VHS in '89. Bought it on VHS in early 90's. Got it on DVD in '01.

...and it just gets funnier EVERY TIME I SEE IT!

;)

das Monkey 09-20-02 03:42 PM

Tough question. I've seen 'City on the Edge of Forever' at least 100 times. Doubt anything else beats that. But I've seen All Good Things ..., Sleeping in Light, The Body, Mirror Image (QL not TZ), The Last One, A Game of Pool, and Chinpokomon way more times than is healthy.

das

grunter 09-20-02 04:09 PM

Dammit das, you took my answer. :p

"City on the Edge of Forever" - by a friggin' mile.

Followed by the premiere season of "Twin Peaks."

tasha99 09-20-02 04:16 PM

Once More with Feeling (the Buffy Musical)

(There are other episodes that I like better, but I think OMWF has the most replay value.)

tasha

Decker 09-20-02 05:00 PM

Please excuse my ignorance, das, but what series were those shows from?

das Monkey 09-20-02 05:32 PM

Apologies, Decker ...

'City on the Edge of Forever' is <I>Star Trek</I>
'All Good Things ...' is <I>Star Trek: The Next Generation</I>
'Sleeping in Light' is <I>Babylon 5</I>
'The Body' is <I>Buffy: The Vampire Slayer</I>
'Mirror Image' is <I>Quantum Leap</I>
'The Last One' is <I>St. Elsewhere</I>
'A Game of Pool' is <I>The Twilight Zone</I>
'Chinpokomon' aaaaaaaaaah? is <I>South Park</I>

Those aren't necessarily my favorite episodes of the particular series but the ones that for whatever reason I've seen a ridiculous amount of times. I've also seen the <I>Mary Tyler Moore</I> and <I>Newhart</I> finales at least 25 times each (I have a thing for finales :)).

das

Pac-Rat 09-20-02 06:18 PM

The Honeymooners- "TV or Not TV" & "Pardon My Glove"
Married With Children- "It's a Bundyful Life"
Leave It to Beaver- "Beaver Gets 'Spelled"
ST:TNG- "Yesterday's Enterprise" (Damn TNN)
Quantum Leap - The one where Sam plays a 16 year old whose sister is marrying a guy that beats her, and Sam and the guy drag race at the end.
Alien Nation-"Green Eyes"
Twilight Zone- "A Most Unusual Camera"

outcastja 09-20-02 06:34 PM

Too many Seinfeld episodes to list.

ravan 09-20-02 06:45 PM

There is also a southpark ep called "City on the Edge of Forever" - havent seen either (And i love trek, but I havent seen TOS forever (since i was 12 or so), so I'll have to re-see it.

das Monkey 09-20-02 06:54 PM

Originally posted by ravan
There is also a southpark ep called "City on the Edge of Forever" - havent seen either (And i love trek, but I havent seen TOS forever (since i was 12 or so), so I'll have to re-see it.
Ironically, that episode seemed more of a parody of 'The Galileo Seven'

das

Scheherazade 09-20-02 09:35 PM

Not sure what, but it has to be something Xena...

Either one of the musicals or "The Quill is Mightier..."

~Scheherazade

Scorpio 09-20-02 09:43 PM

Probably would have to say a Seinfeld episode. Then again, I've seen so much Three's Company through the years.... :o

Geofferson 09-20-02 10:41 PM

Not sure which one in particular, but probably an episode of The Simpsons or Cheers.

btlives 09-21-02 12:41 AM

Probably Charlie Brown Christmas..

I have recorded & play every thanksgiving is the
WKRP Turkey epsiode....Maybe the best half hour ever.

CCPrescott 09-21-02 08:10 PM

For me it would be a toss up of either Yesterdays Enterprise or Best of Both Worlds pts 1 and 2. I bought VHS tapes of these episodes years ago plus now I have them on DVD. Along with the million times I've seen them rerun on TV in marathons. But I can always watch those episodes even though I can damn near recite them word for word.

Chris

guildda 09-22-02 11:45 AM

I'd say an episode of Cheers or Simpsons except I now run across a Bugs Bunny short flipping through the channels and realize I've likely seen it hundreds of times

sexy_overlord 09-22-02 12:10 PM

The Bugs Bunny episode with the gremlin. When I was a kid my grandma had a tape of Bugs Bunny cartoons with that one on it and for some reason we'd watch that tape every time we were over there (which was a lot). We also used to watch Bugs Bunny during dinner and that episode was on almost every week.

strife 09-22-02 12:31 PM

Best of both worlds 1&2--Star Trek next generation

way of the warrior 1&2-Star trek DS9

Into the fire-B5

MrN 09-22-02 12:34 PM

Re: what tv episode have you seen the most times?

Originally posted by Rypro 525
the individual episode that i have seen the most times is the frank grimes episode of the simpsons.

I might have to go with this answer, since it is my favorite episode of the show which is on 5 times a day (with good reason.)