DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Everyone should support amc this weekend (no joke) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/233564-everyone-should-support-amc-weekend-no-joke.html)

Rypro 525 08-30-02 08:56 PM

Everyone should support amc this weekend (no joke)

well just to let you know, they are doing a marathon of music movies. BUT, for the first time in ages, they will be showing the movies in widescreen and uncut heres the schedule:

gimmie shelter rolling stones altamont concert doc. tv-ma 2:30 sat
the last waltz tv-ma widescreen 4:15 sat
u2 rattle and hum widescreen tv-ma 6:15 pm sat
this is spinal tap widescreen tv-ma 8:00 pm sat
the rocky horror show widescreen tv-ma 9:30 sat
saturday night feaver widescreen tv-ma (possible r rated version) 8:00 pm sun

what do you think about this and are you gonna watch?

Ranger 08-30-02 09:19 PM

:up: I guess I'll start watching AMC again. But I tought they already were showing some movies uncut?

Rypro 525 08-30-02 09:23 PM

actually, its just for this weekend only since later this week, revenge of the nerds and hoosiers are shown cut and pan and scan.

oh yeah, amc might have shown movies uncut but not anymore, in there opinion graphic violence is ok but the word "ass" is offensive and cut (speed did this)

Jackskeleton 08-30-02 09:23 PM

Very very cool. :)
they get my support!

Ranger 08-30-02 09:48 PM

I know AMC doesn't show enough movies in widescreen, but I seem to recall that during the memorial day weekend, when they were sowing a lot of war movies, and a lot of them seemed uncut, like they had the F word, and other explicit language. But actually, I think that was a couple of years ago. :)

Geofferson 08-31-02 09:41 AM

thanks for the heads-up

palebluedot 08-31-02 09:50 AM

Way to flame my thread.

Rypro 525 08-31-02 05:22 PM

ah shlt, right now, damn it, is u2 rattle and hum in full screen and possibly edited. so unless the begining is full screen then it goes to widescreen, they screwed us.

but the last waltz was in widescreen so thats good.

Rypro 525 08-31-02 05:23 PM

Originally posted by palebluedot
Way to flame my thread.
sorry, i originaly thought that they were gonna be full screen due to amc's past, but according to the tv guide, they were all in widescreen, so sorry about that and also, i couldnt find your older thread.

Rypro 525 08-31-02 09:16 PM

never mind i even posted this, spinal tap was edited a little and pan and scan and a really craptacuar transfer and as usuall when they play rocky horror, its edited and pan and scan as well. apperently the tv guide messed up big time.

Ranger 08-31-02 09:44 PM

Ah, pulling out of the supporrt amc wagon now, back to TCM.

Giantrobo 08-31-02 10:40 PM

I moved and i don't have cable yet :mad: but this sounds cool.

AMC :up:

Rypro 525 09-01-02 07:00 AM

this is really wierd. since during there midnight showing of rocky horror, they decided to show this movie uncut (i heard the words "god damnit" which is a no no word on tv) and in an aspect ratio of what seemed to be 1:66. what is the true oar of rhps. and now they are showing the led zeppelin movie the song remains the same in 1:85. so some are and some are go figure.

devilpants 09-02-02 02:15 PM

Finally saw "Godspell"...actually, I couldn't get through it, only watched an hour of it...did they really close down Central Park to film this dreck? Where were all the muggers when you really need them?