Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Real World - Vancouver - The Lost Season (merged)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Real World - Vancouver - The Lost Season (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-02, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Real World - The Lost Season

Seach came up dry - if this has been discussed, can you post a link to the thread and close this?

Anyway - Just saw a promo for this and I don't know. Are these actors? It just looks fake. Staged. What's the deal?
Old 08-02-02, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's a spoof on The Real World, and they use the stereotypical cast members for a source of humor.
Old 08-03-02, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I predict a horribly corny piece of dog poo.
Old 08-03-02, 03:19 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out the message boards link (left side) at http://www.mtv.com/onair/realworld/lost_season/cast/, and then click on "Real World Vancouver's Story." If that's true, it sounds at least a little bit interesting.
Old 08-03-02, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For the lazy:

Possible Spoilers Ahead if this turns out to be true:

"Real World Vancouver's Story
Spoiler:

"The Real World Movie - The Lost Season" begins with a fictitious Real World cast assembling to begin their taped communal living experience in Vancouver, Canada.
Right off the bat, privileged jock ADAM (played by John Henry Reardon) butts heads with argumentative and intelligent African-American OMARA (Shani Pride); skater BOOMER (Michael Leisen) longs for virginal MELINDA (Julie Patzwald) who has a crush on sensitive CASH (Matthew Currie Holmes); narcissistic LIZ (Laura Jordan) mugs for the cameras; and loner KEITH (Peter Shinkoda) is rarely around.

House dynamics are already starting to heat up when the group is invited to participate in The Real World All-Star physical challenge competition against a handful of memorable Real World cast members from seasons past, including David (Los Angeles), Rachel (San Francisco), Amaya (Hawaii), David (Seattle), Melissa (New Orleans), Mike (Return to New York) and Aneesa (Chicago), who all play themselves.

When the Real World Vancouver cast is picked up at their house to head out to what they think is the challenge, they are unaware that the two young men picking them up, ROLAND (Bryan Kirkwood) and JAKE (Will Sanderson), are imposters posing as Real World producer and cameraman, respectively.

Still in the dark as to what is happening, the cast arrives at their destination to find themselves at a new Real World house in a remote location. ROLAND announces to the confused cast that he is their new housemate.

After repeatedly auditioning for The Real World to no avail, ROLAND has decided to take matters into his own hands. An obsessive fan, he has outfitted his own elaborate house with high-tech surveillance camera technology in order to create his own definitive Real World season...with the actual cast!

And he's added a twist. ROLAND tells the cast that he has outfitted all the cameras with bombs - and if they don't play along - he will blow up the house.

After getting rid of "extra" housemate KEITH, ROLAND takes his place as the new roommate and sets out forcing the cast to live out his Real World fantasies. Battling over bedrooms, playing revealing games, using the confessional - he wants it all!

The cast fearfully complies - especially when it is revealed during a game of "truth or dare" that ROLAND has killed KEITH, and will do the same to them if they don't start "getting real" .

Although they desperately want to escape, ROLAND's close watch, impenetrable security, and their own personality conflicts keep The Real World kids from getting anywhere. And as life or death circumstances begin to take their toll on the weary cast, secrets and revelations come to the surface at an accelerated rate.

CASH is forced to question his sexuality, which leaves MELINDA distressed - BOOMER reveals his feelings - and ADAM and OMARA channel their hostility into passion.

Finally, after cast member BOOMER is "removed" from the house for hitting ROLAND (breaking an actual Real World rule), The Real World kids learn to cooperate if they are to find a way out of their reality television nightmare. The final scenes make for the most surprising end to a season of The Real World yet."

Added spoiler text - Static

Last edited by Static Cling; 08-04-02 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-03-02, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't even begin to imagine how bad of an tv movie this will be. People only watch because it's real, and when you script it, then you can't really call it "The Real World" anymore.

I read in TV Guide that the actors are all Canadian, so they really don't know much about The Read World, because they don't get MTV. Interesting to note.
Old 08-03-02, 06:12 PM
Banned

Heard an ad on the radio. Its an original made for tv movie done by MTV. Sounds like crap.
Old 08-03-02, 06:20 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
This sounds terrible, I for one although a big RW fan will give this a wide berth. No interest in it Entertainment Weekly Described it as Blair Witch meets teh Real World
Old 08-03-02, 07:06 PM

I could have sworn when they first started advertising it, the movie was said to be opening in theaters. I couldn't even imagine how bad it would bomb.
Old 08-04-02, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now they're advertising it as a movie, but when I first saw the ads, it seemed like they were making it out to be an actual season... that's why I was confused.
Old 08-07-02, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The Real World Vancouver ...

... was so awful, I turned off the tape after 30 minutes.
Old 08-07-02, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

is that the one where someone dies?
Old 08-07-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

How would I know, I only saw the 1st 30 minutes (it is a mind-numbing 90 minutes long).
Old 08-07-02, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
30 minutes? You're brave or gluttons for punishment. I can't believe you guys marathoned through that much!

I think I made it through 5, max.
Old 08-07-02, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So - uh - how come they never showed us the whole season of "Real World:Vancouver?" They gotta have lots more footage than that.

And - uh - how come we never heard of the Real World house getting held up like that on the news? It's gotta be a Canadian conspiracy - er sumpin'.

Old 08-07-02, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Er, the movie was a spoof on the Real World.
Old 08-07-02, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, that lazy-susan-cam made me dizzy.
Old 08-07-02, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Patman
Er, the movie was a spoof on the Real World.
And my post was supposed to be a spoof on the inevitable questions from folks who didn't catch that it was a two-hour joke.

Hence the
Old 08-07-02, 12:00 PM
Banned

Watched it for 5 minutes last night, turned it off. Will never watch again.

I mean, don't we watch the Real World because it's real events that took place? This "lost season" is a big pile of sh*t just looking to get some raitings.
Old 08-07-02, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It should have stayed "lost".
Old 08-07-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
It should have stayed "lost".
werd.
And the "Real Identitiy Phobic"
REAL cast members made me laugh.
If you are so concerned about stalkers, don't put your REAL name in the credits, dumbass.
mini
Old 08-07-02, 04:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Well, thanks to TiVo, I was able to limit it to about 45 minutes of wasted time instead of an hour and a half of wasted time.
Old 08-07-02, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
so, what was the ending to inspire this line?

"The final scenes make for the most surprising end to a season of The Real World yet."
Old 08-07-02, 05:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

It's just marketing. The ending is that:

Spoiler:
Roland, the kidnapper/Real-World-wanabee, didn't kill the guys everyone else thought he killed, he just sequestered them. He then says that he actually works for the Real World, says that this was supposed to be the ULTIMATE challenge, being psychological instead of physical ("How many times can you watch someone bungee-jump and shoot baskets at the same time?" True.), gives them $50,000, and then drives off saying he has to pick up some more Real Worlders. However, instead of picking up more Real Worlders, he escapes... he really wasn't part of the Real World production crew, he really did kidnap them, and he's still "at large." Which, I hope, doesn't mean "sequel." *shudder*

I wish I hadn't read Trigger's spoiler. IMO, MTV could have done a much better job if the ending weren't so
Spoiler:
happy-go-lucky, repercussion-free... "Well, you know, like, it sucked being kidnapped... but, like, we got $50,000 and I feel like I've grown sooooo much from the experience!"
Old 08-07-02, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gawd, it was stupid (I did manage to do some chores while I played the rest of the movie on the VCR).