Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Disney Fans - Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens have been 'canceled'.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-02, 11:20 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

If there are any fans of those two shows, both have been 'canceled'. They reached there 65 episode limit Disney has. and stopped production. Sets for both shows have been dismantled. There is however going to be new episodes to last until March or so of next year (currently about 15-20 not shown). There will be a Lizzie McGuire movie (to be shown in theaters), as well as a TV-Movie of Even Stevens (they go to Hawaii or Australia). Thats al for now...

Also, shows such as So Weird (which hit its 65 ep. limit), The Jersey, The Famous Jett Jackson (Hit its 65 ep. limit) , and In A Heartbeat are gone as well. I wonder what new shows Disney plans to air.
Old 07-28-02, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn mouse. Lizzie (Hilary Duff) was my girl!
Old 07-28-02, 12:40 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why the 65 episode limit? Since when does Eisner not squeeze every last cent out of everything even remotely popular?
Old 07-28-02, 12:43 PM
Suspended

I'm not sure why there is a 65 ep. limit. Disney set that, and they havn't gone over that in any of there Disney shows (That were only on that channel, Boy meets World was on ABC).
Old 07-28-02, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I actually liked Lizzie McGuire. Even Stevens was becoming pretty bad, imo. Also, i cant believe they cancelled "jett jackson". Those shows made the disney channel, imo.(What i mean is that whenever i thought of the disney channel i thought of these shows)
Old 07-28-02, 01:17 PM
Suspended

They didn't 'cancel' Jett, it ran its 65 episode limit. They did make a movie as soon as the show stopped production.

I agree, I started watching Disney because of shows like Jett (didn't like it too much) and So Weird. Then Lizzie and Even Stevens came along, and I watched it more and more. Sadly, im sure by this time next year, all these shows will no longer be running on Disney (remember Flash Forward?). I have heard rumors of Lizzie going into Primetime on ABC, but it seems unlikley since the sets have been dismanteled (unless they move or something). Also, the character of Miranda (forgot her real name) will not be in the last 3 episodes or so. She wanted time off to do a movie in New Zealand.
Old 07-28-02, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, Evens Stevens was one of my favorite shows.
Old 07-28-02, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, that's suprising. It seems that every other ad on the Disney channel is for one of those shows. That 65-episode limit thing is quite odd.
Old 07-28-02, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Flash Forward originally aired on ABC saturday mornings, then when they axed it it was rerun on Disney. I really liked that show.
Old 07-28-02, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
It seemed strange that all the Disney shows only ran for three seasons, I didn't know that there was a hard and fast limit on these shows lifespans. And I'm glad I'm not the only person on the board that enjoys these two shows.

It seems like a dumb move not to extend these two shows lives as they are the most popular on the network and they don't currently have anything that can take there spots. The Proud Family....ugh. Kim Possible is only somewhat tolerable.

Oh well....yet more proof that the ABC TV execs don't really know how to run a network.
Old 07-29-02, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

These were my two favorite Disney shows, and even though I felt Lizzie was getting bad, Even Stevens was a funny funny show. Sucks that they were pulled out of principle. Maybe this means more episodes of crap I'll never watch like Proud Family.
Old 07-31-02, 09:18 AM
Suspended

anyone know how many episodes Bug Juice is at? they better not cancel that show or else heads are gonna roll!
Old 07-31-02, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't know an exact number, but Bug Juice has got to have been on for at least a few years, so I'd imagine its days are numbered, per this policy.
Old 08-02-02, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Quoting from Greg Weisman, co-creator and one of the producers of Disney's Gargoyles:

A normal syndication package for any children's show is 65 episodes. If you don't make it up to 65 then you are considered something of a failure. If you make 65, then you have created a show that can have ongoing library use. That's a success. Anything above 65 is gravy and NO SHOW makes more than 65 episodes without significant financial incentive. They made 78 gargoyles (including Chronicles). The financial incentive for the last 13 was that ABC needed a boys action show with some "Marquee" attached to help fill out it's Saturday Morning line-up. You'll notice that no new episodes were made for syndication. There was no financial incentive in syndication. So they didn't make any more for syndication. [These days a syndication package can be as few as 39.]
Old 08-02-02, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by bigjim25
Damn mouse. Lizzie (Hilary Duff) was my girl!
I thought she was Frankie Muniz's girl.
Old 08-02-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey conscience, the kid who plays Jett's friend J.T. goes to school with me. Seriously!
Old 08-02-02, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by LBPound
Don't know an exact number, but Bug Juice has got to have been on for at least a few years, so I'd imagine its days are numbered, per this policy.
What I imagine could save Bug Juice is that it switches summer camps every installment. But we'll see, that music school series seems to be fit in the same mold as Bug Juice.
Old 08-02-02, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by LBPound
Hey conscience, the kid who plays Jett's friend J.T. goes to school with me. Seriously!
May I ask where? Don't worry if it isn't your thing to let go of that stuff, you don't have to.

That cat looks like he is about 11 in the series! As does most actors. They, most of the time, look like they should be in middle school when they are really like 17-18!
Old 08-02-02, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

are you sure? lizzie maguire and other disney related properties are moving to ABC's new fall saturday lineup

The following is the schedule, effective September 14:
8:00 a.m. - Disney's Teamo Supremo
8:30 a.m. - Disney's Recess
9:00 a.m. - Disney's Filmore!
9:30 a.m. - Disney's Recess
10:00 a.m. - Lizzie McGuire
10:30 a.m. - The Proud Family
11:00 a.m. - Disney's Kim Possible
11:30 a.m. - Power Rangers Wild Force
12:00 p.m. - Power Rangers Wild Force
12:30 p.m. - NBA Inside Stuff

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthrea...threadid=42967
Old 08-02-02, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally posted by nightwing82
are you sure? lizzie maguire and other disney related properties are moving to ABC's new fall saturday lineup
Moving? No.

Lizzie's been on ABC's Saturday mornings for at least a year now - that's where I've been watching
Old 08-02-02, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never been a fan of the two shows, but I watched my share of shows...

Boy Meets World is now the only show on Disney I watch. I can't believe they quit making this.
Old 08-02-02, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by GuessWho
Moving? No.

Lizzie's been on ABC's Saturday mornings for at least a year now - that's where I've been watching
ohh ic. i never had a reason to watch ABC sat. mornings until this fall.

she is on the fall schedule though.
Old 08-03-02, 02:17 AM
rhc

woah that was fast i just remember watching these when they first aired, i thought even stevens was good at first but started to go downhill, but lizzie rules and miranda is turning into a hottie
Old 08-03-02, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by conscience

May I ask where? Don't worry if it isn't your thing to let go of that stuff, you don't have to.

That cat looks like he is about 11 in the series! As does most actors. They, most of the time, look like they should be in middle school when they are really like 17-18!
He goes to NYU, and will be a sophomore in the fall, as will I. Definitely funny seeing him in college when as you say, he does look around 11 on the show!

And Lizzie hasn't quite been on ABC for a year, but almost. I think they started showing that and Even Stevens last September or October.

Boy Meets World is quality...I hate that I'd have to pay for the Disney Channel to just get that. I had it again for 25 days, so I figured it was for keeps, since most areas do not have to pay, but alas after 25 days it disappeared.
Old 08-03-02, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Power Rangers on ABC? Isn't Saban, who makes Power Rangers, owned by Fox? Power Rangers have been on fox stations for almost 10 years now.

Anyway, the girl who plays Lizzie McGuire is going to my GF's sisters school this upcoming school year as a Sophmore...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.