Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I Miss Survivor & Amazing Race

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-02, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Miss Survivor & Amazing Race

It really sucks that neither of these 2 shows are on all summer.
I miss watching them on Thursday night.
Old 07-11-02, 04:27 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
I don't miss survivor but TAR is such a great show, I am looking forward to TAR3...
Old 07-11-02, 08:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bring on TAR3! Although I will miss Team Mycoskie from TAR2.
Old 07-11-02, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really have had enough of Survivor. I will watch it when it comes on but I don't anticipate it. Every new season is the same as the previous year more or less. Same tired formula IMO.

Amazing Race? Love it. Not to be missed. BB3, however, is filling the void in the meantime. Love that show too.
Old 07-11-02, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I miss the The Amazing Race as well...Thank goodness for the Mole
Old 07-12-02, 08:10 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was going to try and convince my Dad to apply to TAR3 with me, and I really thought with some of our vibes we could get on, but then I said, no I'd rather not.......
Old 07-12-02, 10:34 AM
Banned

I miss both of them too!!!

I can't wait for the next Survivor (where's it supossed to be?)

and well last seasons amazing race was INCREDIBLE! even though the team I was rooting for LOST! DAMN! TARA & WIL SHOULD HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!! DAMN TARA AND HER F'N ASTHMA!!!!! BTW, WIL IS HOT!

Last edited by jim_mailman1962; 07-12-02 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-12-02, 12:46 PM
Banned

Oh God, I don't miss either.

Deleted inflammatory comment. - Static

Last edited by Static Cling; 07-12-02 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-12-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I stopped caring for Survivor after the first version, but TAR is my favorite reality show and I can't wait for it to start again.

Matt
Old 07-12-02, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
agreed. I started watching TAR2 and it is such a cool show ... less manipulative than Survivor and much more exciting I think. Mole2 is a good filler before TAR3!!!
Old 07-12-02, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nah i dont miss survivor. I was really into the first 2, then after that it didnt hold my attention. Amazing race i liked. But I love the Mole and Big brother. i guess everyone has there fav "reality" tv shows

capt
Old 07-12-02, 10:39 PM
Banned

I LOVED THE MOLE 2 & 1! BUT DAMN! WHY THE HELL DID THEY STOP 2 IN THE MIDDLE! THEN THEY BRING IT BACK AND I DON'T KNOW FOR 3 WEEKS! NOW I WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE MOLE 3!
Old 07-13-02, 02:43 AM

I miss Survivor quite a bit.
I realize that every season is just more of the same, but so is the NFL, you know?
Survivor is a game with some melodramatic twists to it, but I enjoy every new cauldron of contestants, just to see how each new group reacts with each other.

And I really miss it during the Summer. Survivor is just a Summer show, and to have to wait until the winter just stinks.

By the way, have you guys heard much about this new reality show with Anna Nicole Smith? Something about a camera following her around on dates or something.
Old 07-15-02, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jim_mailman1962
[B]I can't wait for the next Survivor (where's it supossed to be?)
next Survivor is in Thailand
Old 07-16-02, 03:20 PM

You guys who like TAR, BB, and Mole...Remember where it all started...The whole barrage of reality TV kicked off after the success of Survivor season 1.

Just like the game show "craze" of late...It all started with "Who wants to be a millionaire"...Greed followed and died. The Chair followed and died. Winning Lines didn't exist long enough to be considered alive to be declared dead. The Chamber died. I am sure there are more, but I can't remember them all...

It's nice to see that all the shows that followed in Survivor's footsteps can survive (get it?)

The difference is, these reality shows have something to hold attention (usually at least one girl with big boobs), and the game shows, once someone won the "big one", there wasn't a point in watching them anymore.
Old 07-18-02, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by potvin48
You guys who like TAR, BB, and Mole...Remember where it all started...The whole barrage of reality TV kicked off after the success of Survivor season 1.

Just like the game show "craze" of late...It all started with "Who wants to be a millionaire"...Greed followed and died. The Chair followed and died. Winning Lines didn't exist long enough to be considered alive to be declared dead. The Chamber died. I am sure there are more, but I can't remember them all...

It's nice to see that all the shows that followed in Survivor's footsteps can survive (get it?)

The difference is, these reality shows have something to hold attention (usually at least one girl with big boobs), and the game shows, once someone won the "big one", there wasn't a point in watching them anymore.
Actually, if you want to thank predecessors, you would have to give it up to "The Real World" and not "Survivor." Survivor's saving grace are that they are the early ones which account for its higher ratings. People know about the show and watch it whether or not it is actually any good.

Back to "The Amazing Race"...when will the new season air? I'm glad for BB3 to tide me over.