Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol - Group #3 Selection - 07/03/02

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-02, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
American Idol - Group #3 Selection - 07/03/02

I guess since there were no real stand-out stars from that 3rd group, there were no real shockers. Oddly, those were my 3 picks to a letter (except I'd have Nikki 1 and Christina 2), yet I don't think a single one of them is as good as the other 4 (Jim and A.J. excluded). Picking that 10th is going to be incredibly difficult. Have they said what the format for the selection will be? Simple voting or something more?

das
Old 07-03-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too was pleased to see the three I voted for actually get chosen to go on to the next round. No sympathy votes this time. But I agree that the previous 4 (two sympathy votes don't count since they're nowhere near as talented) are better. Oh, but I forgot that I loved Christina's second performance - not At Last but the previous round ("Ain't no sunshine when he's gone...") - her voice was full of soul and was quite engaging. But if Tamyra and Justin aren't the top 2, something is seriously wrong.

As for the wildcard, I think it'll be either Adriel, Christopher, Alexis or Jazmin. (first two from group 1, second two from group 2) It's a toughie, but honestly I don't think anyone comes close to Justin and Tamyra, so it doesn't matter all that much, imho. That aside, my personal choice would be Adriel.

I haven't caught a description of how the wild card will be chosen - I don't know if the three have to agree, or if majority rules, or if they rank the remaining contestants and the one with the highest average goes on...or something I haven't thought of yet.

Last edited by WarriorPrincess; 07-03-02 at 10:09 PM.
Old 07-03-02, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ejay: "Oh.ma.God."

Not really into any of the contestants this week...the guys scared me a little bit. That Texas girl was a little snotty for my tastes.

I thought Nikki sung the wrong song. Total Eclipse of the Heart did not fit her and she is no "whoever sung it." I've heard it before and remember the voice...I saw Urban Legend!

I actually thought the black dude was the best out of the 10 although he wasn't that good. I just thought he sang a little better without having to go all out and do a gospel sounding thing.
Old 07-03-02, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello tv people. ive been checking out the show. i also picked those three, but this group was pretty weak anyway, i agree. for the wild card my girl and i agreed on the dude from i think the first show that sang edwin mccain's "i'll be", don't remember the dude's name though.

by the way the total eclipse of the heart song was sung by bonnie tyler and then redone in the 90s by nikki french.