DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   THE MOLE will break you (6/25) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/217998-mole-will-break-you-6-25-a.html)

Mark Holtz 06-25-02 11:32 PM

THE MOLE will break you (6/25)

I'm only halfway through the episode, but I already have my quiz, so I'm going to post it now.

And, for next week's episode...
Spoiler:
Some of the players’ family members return amid tears of happiness and joy, while others are left with a disappointing end to a long journey. But no one predicted that one lucky player would end up having their significant other come with a surprise wedding proposal, on Mole II: The Next Betrayal, TUESDAY, JULY 2 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Mark Holtz 06-26-02 12:35 AM

I just checked the cheat sheet for next week's episode on ABC's web site. Four of the execution quiz question has been intentionally left blank and
Spoiler:
Elavia isn't a listed player at the end

Catch 21 06-26-02 03:17 AM

Its so obvious Al is the mole..

Al killed himself in the battle with his own sheild..

plus , the one time Al didnt speak about one of the questions on the quiz it didnt matter.

goofee girl 06-26-02 05:47 AM

Definitely a different episode... not what we're used to. Where did some of you get the cheats for next week?

I think Al could be the mole but I don't think he killed himself. The Gladiator game couldn't have been an easy one and he died by his own shield much like the way the competitor died that Katie killed.

This game is getting very interesting now. I'm happy to see Elavia go... she didn't win any money for the pot and didn't interact with the other players much. Wonder why ABC chose her in the first place? Because she could look suspicious? She was definitely the odd one out.

My only problem with this episode was everyone's comments on how Elavia was at the top of their list to be the mole. Huh? So why are they all still in the game if they were guessing wrong? Sounded like all that was scripted.

goofee girl 06-26-02 05:47 AM

Originally posted by MarkHoltz
I just checked the cheat sheet for next week's episode on ABC's web site. Four of the execution quiz question has been intentionally left blank and
Spoiler:
Elavia isn't a listed player at the end

What do you conclude from that?

chowderhead 06-26-02 06:19 AM

bill is da mole

I would be quite surprised if Bill is NOT the mole.
His actions throughout the game leads me to believe that he is the mole i.e. didn't want to put on the baby diapers, the lack of treading water, breaking the gnome in tonight's episode just as the letter predicted(the mole will break you), dragging in the pizza challenge and actually pointing in the opposite direction of the church. More interestingly, his group still "beat" the other group to the top of the church (last week) as the sign on the road says plainly predicted: the mole will beat you.
There have been other clues but he is everything that last year's mole was not ... thus Bill is my choice for da mole.

IdgIe49 06-26-02 07:31 AM

Im still going with Katie. However, Dorothy's comments at the end got me a little suspicious of her now. But my main one has always been Katie.

Groucho 06-26-02 07:51 AM

I still see no reason to choose anybody but Darwin as the Mole. I am still keeping an eye on Bill, and even a bit on Dorothy. I've completely eliminated everybody else.

quackers 06-26-02 08:01 AM

I dont understand how the mole could be anyone in the Gladiator game. If the mole was in the Gladiator game then they would of chosen the brutus helmet and taken the exemption and lost the 30k, the Gladiator's succeeded.

Bill was one of the first to choose the Romancing the Stone game and was very eager to go 2nd, assuming he is the Mole he would have prior knowledge that the second leg was the bicycle and that would seem like an easier to place to break the gnome and loose the game. The gnome didn't break when it hit the ground, it broke when Bill fell on it.

Groucho 06-26-02 08:04 AM

Originally posted by quackers
I dont understand how the mole could be anyone in the Gladiator game. If the mole was in the Gladiator game then they would of chosen the brutus helmet and taken the exemption and lost the 30k, the Gladiator's succeeded.
Due to a power failure I missed the part where they were picking out helmets. Perhaps Bribs got to it before Darwin could get a chance?

goofee girl 06-26-02 08:58 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Due to a power failure I missed the part where they were picking out helmets. Perhaps Bribs got to it before Darwin could get a chance?
Katie was the first one to pick up the Brutus helmet but turned it down because it was uncomfortable on her nose. She handed it to Bribs who at first thought it was uncomfortable but eventually said it was fine.

TruGator 06-26-02 10:05 AM

For weeks I have been insisting that Katie is the mole, but I am going to change my mind. The Mole is Bill. Alot of evidence shows that he could be the mole.

Eplicon 06-26-02 10:14 AM

As of now, I think either Bill or Al is the mole. Both of them tend to play less than they're capable of, or at least when it comes to certain athletic competitions.

I ruled out Darwin because he seemed too obvious. And although this isn't very logical, I ruled out the female contestants because they already had one from the first Mole. :)

I never suspected Elavia, because she was too snooty and too visible most of the time with her behavior, and the mole is supposed to be elusive and shadowy.

IdgIe49 06-26-02 10:25 AM

you mean to tell me you guys couldve rode over that ramp with that hugearse gnome stuck in your neck or underneath your arm? i doubt he meant to fall.

goofee girl 06-26-02 10:31 AM

I don't believe for a moment that the gnome race was meant to be won. The gnome was huge and bulky. It was half Heather's size and must have been difficult to carry especially after being greased up. Plus they didn't allot enough time to finishing the race.

How on earth was anyone supposed to ride up that ramp on that rickety bike? Add in the greasy handlebars, pedals, tires, and brakes. Not to mention that it was a ramp and not a hill... was Bill supposed to fly off it like a stuntman?

No. This race was set up to be lost and to give someone an exemption. Because the producers had a good idea that the least favorite player would take the money and run they knew that exemptions would be worthless for this round.

Groucho 06-26-02 10:39 AM

Refresh my memory: didn't they make the cash offer for a player in Mole 1? As I recall it started at one amount, and Cooper raised it several times. But the player stayed in the game. They were executed an episode or 2 later. Am I remembering this right?

Also, I forgot to mention the highlight of the episode in my last post: Cooper proceeding with the execution after Elavia left with the cash. Funny stuff.

Professor Frink 06-26-02 11:29 AM

The best moment of this show so far came during the bizarre "fear of jelly" discussion between Al and Katie:

"What about jellyfish?"
rotfl
Some of the players, plus Anderson, had to hold their napkins against their mouths to keep food from spewing out! :D

GoldenJCJ 06-26-02 11:36 AM

I'm still sticking with my first choice of Bill as the MOLE. If he suspected that Elavia was going to take the money and thus leave no execution for the night, it would have been a perfect opportunity to make it look like Bill needed the exemption, and make him appear as more of a desperate player.

For some reason I have never suspected Darwin, and doubt that he is the MOLE. I don't know why.

Elavia was Way too obvious for the MOLE, and Dorothy is made to look suspicious too.

The look on the players faces were hilarious when Anderson continued with the execution. :lol:

JLB 06-26-02 11:51 AM

Heather could have chosen one of the smaller but heavier gnomes that might have been easier to carry in the long run.....

Anyways, just when I think I have a feeling who it is, something changes my mind. I just have to sit back and enjoy the show......

Slumbering Fist 06-26-02 12:15 PM

"I will break you."- The mole is Dolph Lundgren.

Its too obvious, maybe, but I think... The Mole is $Dollar$ Bill.

Elavia made the right choice. Although she was on the bottom of everyones list and a prime mole suspect, making her survival chances better, even this clueless buch would have realized that with so many people who obviously leaned towards her as the mole being booted- it was only a matter of time before they came to their senses, seeing she wasnt the mole. She took the safe bet, which was a smart move considering her chances.

Catch 21 06-26-02 03:50 PM

Originally posted by goofee girl

I think Al could be the mole but I don't think he killed himself. The Gladiator game couldn't have been an easy one and he died by his own shield much like the way the competitor died that Katie killed.

Disagree , Al tilt his shield putting his arm down, moving his elbow upwards using the shield to smash his egg while attacking. The competitor, smashed his egg by moving his shield close try to block.

Originally posted by IdgIe49
you mean to tell me you guys couldve rode over that ramp with that hugearse gnome stuck in your neck or underneath your arm? i doubt he meant to fall.
Exactly, with a loose basket.. besides it was his second jump.
Al is the mole. Damn, its so obvious.

Especially, on the first show when their "bags"
about to be burned there's no way during that game they could answer all the questions right. It was for clues.One of the question was who's favorite drink is wine and adams the answer was AL . Then 5 episodes later one of the wine bottles Has "La mole on it." I hope Bill gets eliminated next week so I can watch all of you switch again. Then I can laugh at you all.When Elivia chose the money you could eliminate everyone who had a facially expression. Leaving Darwin and AL(which for him was out of character). I think Darwin knows Elivia is the biggest threat for the winner, which is why he told her to take the cash.

clemente 06-26-02 05:12 PM

That was a great episode.
I love The Mole!

Elavia was still on my list, but no more. Al is starting to look suspicious to me....but Bribs is flying way to low under the radar.
Dorothy was a little suspicious at the end. I still don't know....ahhhh!

Another great Anderson episode.

AJW 06-26-02 09:41 PM

A big thumbs down to Tivo for ruining the ending of this great episode for me.

When I went to hit the play button, I was confronted with the synopsis "The Contestants think The Mole has left the show".

Of course I knew right away that meant Elavia took the $50,000.

Laertes 06-28-02 09:17 AM

Bribs is arousing my suspicion simply because he seems to be last on everyone's list, and he's done a good job of getting everyone to like him.

IdgIe49 07-01-02 02:42 PM

Re: THE MOLE will break you (6/25)

Originally posted by MarkHoltz
I'm only halfway through the episode, but I already have my quiz, so I'm going to post it now.

And, for next week's episode...
Spoiler:
Some of the players’ family members return amid tears of happiness and joy, while others are left with a disappointing end to a long journey. But no one predicted that one lucky player would end up having their significant other come with a surprise wedding proposal, on Mole II: The Next Betrayal, TUESDAY, JULY 2 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Spoiler:
stupid commercial during my soap opera gave a lot of this AWAY...grrrrr .. but I figured it'd be Heather anyway