DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Invader Zim Canceled (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/211240-invader-zim-canceled.html)

SilentBobrulez 05-29-02 12:02 AM

Invader Zim Canceled

I'm upset that the show was canceled. I don't get the show here in canada so i resort to other methods. How could they cancel Gir, Zim, Dib and everyone else on me and other fans. Are you upset they canceled the show.

Jackskeleton 05-29-02 01:13 AM

Yes, I'm pissed that it was canned. :(

But it was a sort of joint action by Jhonen Vasquez and Nick. Nick wanted to pull it because ratings and even though Vasquez had ideas, he was getting a little tired of the show and it has taken time from him from doing his comics.. Which if you don't have or have not read yet.. the pants command you to do so at once!!!

Anyhow. I usually get my info on all the ZIM info from www.Wormbaby.com they have some good episode Guides and get a lot of info directly from the ex-zim staff who have already cleared out there offices.

Also, check out all the episodes that have been canned. they would have been great...:

Season 2
47. Roboparents Gone Wild

ZIM's Roboparents become agressive parental figures. ZIM is deemed "naughty" and is cast out of the house. The Roboparents take in an escaped zoo monster as their new son, and ZIM must team up with a hobo to reclaim his base.

b: UNAIRED pc: 27A

NOTE: This episode, and all episodes after it, were scrapped by Nickelodeon mid-production. There is virtually no chance they will ever air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

48. Simon Says Doom

Mr. Elliot, Gaz's teacher, is running an orphanage care program. ZIM agrees willingly to help out, which puzzles Dib. Dib immediately expects ZIM to have some deeper motive, and decides to thwart whatever plan ZIM's coming up with. ZIM learns of the kids' game "Simon Says" while working with the orphans, and starts using the game for evil. His last command is "Simon says destroy everything!" Dib goes off to stop the raging kids.

As it turns out, ZIM really has his sights set on an "atomic diaper-changing machine". He plans to make it explode! Dib now has to either stop ZIM or the raging orphans, and in his confusion, Mr. Elliot gives him detention for not watching the diaper machine. In the end, it turns out that ZIM's plan all along was to confuse Dib into getting detention.

b: UNAIRED pc: 27B

NOTE: This episode is canned, it WILL NOT air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

49. Invader Poonchy

ZIM plays with Dib's mind and tells him that his schoolmate Poonchy: Drinker of HATE is actually another Irken Invader sent for reinforcement. Dib believes him and goes to stop Poonchy. But ZIM starts to believe it himself, and goes off to kill Poonchy for infringing on his territory.

b: UNAIRED pc: 28A

50. Nubs of Doom

ZIM creates a brand-new weapon of mass DOOM, known as Minimoose. Minimoose has an incredible arsenal hidden in his nubs, but all he wants to do is float around and squeak. ZIM can't figure out how to control Minimoose's weaponry, and in the end, accidentally blows up his house.

b: UNAIRED pc: 28B

51. Top of the Line

There's a SIR competition among the Irken Invaders, and all of them are there to compete. Obstacle courses, weight lifting, and "best disguise" are among the games. Of course, none of the SIRs are a match for the amazing GIR, and he blows all the robots up except for Invader Skoodge's and Invader Tenn's.

b: UNAIRED pc: 30

52. Return of Keef

Keef is back with an amazing vengeance, this time with his eyes on Dib. Now that he is Dib's "Bestest Friend", he decides to create a friendly trio among Dib, ZIM, and himself. Dib and ZIM team up to get rid of the annoying Keef. They resort to Happy Explodey Juice, a powerful substance that explodes anyone it touches. Keef, however, is ecstatic that Dib and ZIM are working together and acting like friends. He explodes, and then reforms in a pretty graphic scene.

b: UNAIRED pc: 31A

53. GIR's Big Day

GIR goes out to fetch some "special" cleaning things for ZIM, when he gets sidetracked and gets hit by a truck. Some scientists, looking to create the "ultimate doggy", marvel at how GIR survives the accident, and capture him. They decide to cross GIR's power with a normal dog's obedience, to create the perfect doggy. But when they try to extract GIR's DNA, they end up getting doughnut crumbs from his disguise, and now they have to deal with a vicious monster doughnut-dog. A scientist helps GIR to escape, and everything's back to normal, except for the doughnut-dog.

b: UNAIRED pc: 31B

54. Mopiness of Doom

Dib is sick of his failure at parascience, and finally gives in to his father's dream. He tries REAL science for a change. ZIM is sad that his mission is now boring without an enemy, and starts slacking off.

b: UNAIRED pc: 32A

55. Those!

ZIM commands an army of GIANT ALIEN ANTS!

Well, slightly-larger-than-normal ants, about the size of your shoe.

b: UNAIRED pc: 32B

56. The Trial

ZIM is put on trial by two or three Irken Control Brains, to be judged worthy or unworthy to exist. His past accomplishments and failures (mainly failures) among the Irken empire are brought up in a series of flashbacks, strewn with explosions and doom. His worst accomplishment, though, is accidentally killing the former Almighty Tallest Miyuki, and leaving Tallest Red and Purple in charge. The Control Brains are so overwhelmed they go insane, and ZIM is allowed to live.

b: UNAIRED pc: 34

NOTE: Almighty Tallest Miyuki is named after Miyuki Hoshikawa, a storyboard artist for the show.
This episode is canned, it WILL NOT air.

57. Day of da Spookies

Invaders ZIM and Skoodge, along with GIR, use cloaking devices to appear as ghosts and spook out Dib.

b: UNAIRED

58. 10 Minutes 'Til Doom

The episode starts out with a small intro. If ZIM loses his backpack, he will quickly grow more and more stupid. He cannot exist more than ten minutes without his backpack on, or he will die. One half-episode of Invader ZIM is eleven minutes long.
While at SKOOL, ZIM gets hit with a ball. His backpack dislodges and falls off. A clock reading 10:00 appears in the corner of the screen and begins counting down. Dib, not knowing of how vital the backpack is, takes it and runs off with it. ZIM chases after him, slowly losing his physical and mental power. As the ten minutes are just over, ZIM finally catches up to Dib, a total moron at that point, and falls down onto the pack. It attaches and ZIM regains his health.

NOTE: When Invader ZIM was cancelled, the crew wanted Nickelodeon to allow them to finish this episode with an alternate ending-- with ZIM actually dying. It would've made some closure for the series, but Nickelodeon refused. Nickelodeon didn't want the show to have any closure, in case they later decided to pick it up again. This episode was cancelled with half of season two anyway, though, so now it won't air with either version.

59. It Feeds on Noodles

ZIM becomes a strange vampire that must feed on Chinese food, with chopsticks as his fangs.

No, we're not kidding.

60. Pants!

A species of alien pants invades Earth. Whoever wears the pants are controlled and become alien weapons.

NOTE: This episode was scrapped early on, because it bore an odd resemblance to an episode of Nickelodeon's Adventures of Jimmy Neutron series, "When Pants Attack". It will not air.

61. Squishy: Hugger of Worlds

A gigantic being called Squishy has the power to destroy planets, but he just wants to hug them (he's so full of love). ZIM and Dib must team up once AGAIN to save the Earth from being hugged to death, for their own separate reasons.

62. [ untitled ] (1)

Part one of a planned hour-long season 2 finale, which was cancelled by Nickelodeon.
Invader Tenn is discovered by the inhabitants of planet Meekrob, and is captured and held prisoner. An Irken Armada fleet, along with the other Invaders, fight to free her. On the opposing side is an army of alien resistance fighters, with Dib among their ranks. It's the Irkens versus everyone else in a fantastic episode.

b: UNAIRED pc: 39

63. [ untitled ] (2)

Part two of a planned hour-long season 2 finale, which was cancelled by Nickelodeon.
Invader Tenn is discovered by the inhabitants of planet Meekrob, and is captured and held prisoner. An Irken Armada fleet, along with the other Invaders, fight to free her. On the opposing side is an army of alien resistance fighters, with Dib among their ranks. It's the Irkens versus everyone else in a fantastic episode.

b: UNAIRED pc: 40

dancinns 05-29-02 03:49 AM

It's a shame. Invader Zim was a great cartoon. GIR cracked me every time. Thank god for the DivX episodes so I can watch the show anytime.

elektra 05-29-02 06:11 AM

Although I'm fairly new to Zim, I really like it. It's well done. Bummer.

Canis Firebrand 05-29-02 08:51 AM

Man.. that show quickly became one of my favorites.

I hope they release the entire series on dvd. (as if that would happen)

Gir makes the show though. :)

Y2K Falcon 05-29-02 10:09 AM

My daughter didn't like it, so no skin off my back...

ZakVTA 05-29-02 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Vryce
Man.. that show quickly became one of my favorites.

I hope they release the entire series on dvd. (as if that would happen)

Gir makes the show though. :)

I would love to have the series come out on dvd. It's a great series that I really enjoy. IMO Some episodes were a bit dark for it's Y7 rated audience, especially Dark Harvest.

SilentBobrulez 05-29-02 01:28 PM

Dark Harvest is the only one i really didn't like. It was a bit too twisted and eerie for even me. Yes GIR does make the show what it is today.

"I miss you cupcake"
"Ah, he likes me"
"Do alittle dance"
"Your head smells like a puppy"

ZakVTA 05-29-02 06:07 PM

I actually enjoyed Dark Harvest. I enjoyed the humor. Maybe I just get kicks out of seeing people's brains replaced with a soda. I do love Gir. I think Sony should get rid of Aibo and make Gir ;)

Thrush 05-29-02 10:39 PM

I enjoyed the Dark Harvest ep too. But if you've ever read any of Jhonen Vasquez's (the creator of Zim) comics Squee or Johnny the homicidal maniac Zim seems rather tame by comparison. Its too bad it got cancelled.

Jackskeleton 05-30-02 03:48 AM

Originally posted by ZakVTA
I actually enjoyed Dark Harvest. I enjoyed the humor. Maybe I just get kicks out of seeing people's brains replaced with a soda.

My favorite line

"More Organs means more Human"

Cracks me up every time. :)

tjr2mental 05-30-02 09:46 PM

I'm ganaa watch it again!

I love Invader Zim. Thankfully I have all the aired eps on my PC, otherwise I would go nuts.

Zim rules All!

ZakVTA 05-31-02 02:38 AM

Originally posted by tjr2mental
I'm ganaa watch it again!

I love Invader Zim. Thankfully I have all the aired eps on my PC, otherwise I would go nuts.

Zim rules All!

I only have the first season :(

Jackskeleton 05-31-02 04:33 AM

Originally posted by ZakVTA

I only have the first season :(

well second season has been cut down to only 7 episodes..

Visit wormbaby.com and you'll see they have episode guides and lots of help. they get a lot of word from the horses mouths themselves. cool little comp. files and fonts aswell. neat stuff. ;)

tjr2mental 05-31-02 03:41 PM

Yea, that is where I get most of my stuff. Wormbaby is the whoop when it comes to Invader Zim.

hotaru_san 06-01-02 02:43 PM

Zim is wonderful

gir is adorable-- singing the doom song always cheers me up -smile-

http://www.theforumisdown.com/upload...ong To Us!.gif

Jackskeleton 06-07-02 01:22 AM

Well It's pretty sad that it's canned. but look at nick's history. they show angry beavers on the weekend. Maybe we will see re-runs of zim on nick for tme to come.

http://forum.wormbaby.com/images/ava...illerhello.gif http://forum.wormbaby.com/images/ava...r/insomnia.gif http://www.fireball20xl.com/folder/sprites/zim-lil.gif