DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   I have never seen 24. When will they re-air the entire season? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/209548-i-have-never-seen-24-when-will-they-re-air-entire-season.html)

chrisfelice 05-21-02 11:19 PM

I have never seen 24. When will they re-air the entire season?

I have never seen a single episode of 24. I wanted to start watching it in the middle of the season, but decided that it would be better for me to watch from the begining...

So... is there any word as to when I would be able to catch the re-airing of the show in order?

Deftones 05-21-02 11:21 PM

never. you missed your chance. it was a one shot deal. :lol:

PacMan2006 05-21-02 11:23 PM

You better get a move on and pre-order it @ amazon.com.

Trelach24 05-22-02 11:13 AM

Damn I'm a moron.

Static Cling 05-22-02 11:41 PM

According to someone at Fox, a "24" DVD box set is a reality, and will be coming soon. I imagine the picture and sound will be much better on DVD than it was on broadcast television. Enjoy! Check the thread in DVD Talk Main for more details.

madcougar 05-23-02 12:21 AM

Kind of amazing they are not going to rebroadcast this season. I think the main problem with the show is that if you missed an episode, it was very difficult to catch up. I missed hour 22 and it seemed to take me forever to catch up, and I'ld only missed one hour.

I can't imagine why they won't rerun this on FX or something. I guess buying it on DVD will be the only way for people to catch this show.

Copenhagen 05-23-02 12:28 AM

Originally posted by madcougar
Kind of amazing they are not going to rebroadcast this season. I think the main problem with the show is that if you missed an episode, it was very difficult to catch up. I missed hour 22 and it seemed to take me forever to catch up, and I'ld only missed one hour.

I can't imagine why they won't rerun this on FX or something. I guess buying it on DVD will be the only way for people to catch this show.

Fox started the season by repeating that weeks episode and FX has been airing 2 a week for while now. That being said I wouldn't be shocked if FX starts from 12am-1am at some point over the summer, but that is speculation on my part.

steve_c_n 05-23-02 01:12 PM

Originally posted by madcougar
I can't imagine why they won't rerun this on FX or something.
Why would they waste valuable Die Hard and Arnold movie times slots with 24??

Actually, I am sure they will repeat the season (they did call it a season, I wonder if there will be a "24 Day 2"??) right before the DVD comes out. Seems like a good marketing strategy for it.

Fox did it for the new Star Wars movie. Although they wont play anything the right way...EP5 and 6, then EP1 so we could watch EP2?? Why not air EP1, then wait for the thursday after the movie and air EP4, 5, and 6? That makes sense to me, but I guess I am illogical...

Steve

vaporware 05-23-02 01:14 PM

F/X will probably have a 24 marathon on a holiday weekend.

thejammy 05-23-02 03:14 PM

Originally posted by vapoRware
F/X will probably have a 24 marathon on a holiday weekend.
Yeah just like ALIAS did on New Years or something.

breaux124 05-23-02 04:07 PM

If is comes out on DVD how are they going to fill in the missing time. Are they going to add additional footage? Or just skip over the time that commercials were aired?

ten41 05-23-02 05:22 PM

No 24 re-runs this summer?
Curious strategy to get viewers from Fox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dateline: Thursday, May 23, 2002

By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
By: News Editor
Source: AP

In an odd bit of counter-intuitive programming, the Fox Network has announced it will not be airing reruns of it’s biggest hit of the season, 24.

The thinking is this: while 24 was the biggest hit of the season for them, it wasn’t that big a hit. In fact, if Fox had had a better year, it’s doubtful 24 would have been renewed. The climactic season finale got a lackluster 5.4 rating and 8 share, with is consistent with its run this year, but only enough to get it ranked about 55 in all shows aired.

According to Fox officials, their hope is to instill in viewers that 24 is a special mini-series like event.

The second “day” in the show’s storytelling begins next fall.

Static Cling 05-23-02 07:22 PM

Originally posted by breaux124
If is comes out on DVD how are they going to fill in the missing time. Are they going to add additional footage? Or just skip over the time that commercials were aired?
I don't think it's necessary to fill in the "missing time." Although I am a teeny bit interested to see what they do with the little "half-way through commercial break" blips they'd do showing four different scenes... if you know what I mean.

steve_c_n 05-27-02 07:23 PM

Originally posted by breaux124
Sorry to dig up this thread, but for anyone who would start watching the DVD at the hour so the time would sync in the beginning, I am sure they would also pause where the commercial breaks were and start 2-3 minutes later to keep the time sync.

In reality, they would just slap the 6 or so blocks of TV show together and call it a day.

Steve

MrN 05-27-02 09:06 PM

I think I read somewhere that the first episode had some deleted scenes - if they can dig up enough of these, they can make hourly episodes.

Of course they'd have to branch them in, or there'll be pissed off fans.