Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rosie O'Donnell, Survivor Reunion Host: Critiques

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-02, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Note: I split off all the posts that seemed to be about the "reunion" from the Survivor Finale thread, and merged them into here. On with the show... - Static

The season finale is the first episode that I'm watching this season. Quite entertaining. It's amazing how different they look now (watching the Reunion) than they did in the island. I can barely recognize any of them ...

Last edited by Static Cling; 05-20-02 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-19-02, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Haha! Jeff asked for a receipt for the taxi ride into the New York studio.

Spoiler:
Oh My Heck!

The Winner is
Spoiler:
Vecepia by a vote of 4-3
Old 05-19-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yay!!!! It's Rosie here to up-stage everyone!

das
Old 05-19-02, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Have to admit, Rosie's ode to Survivor sung to the tune of "Gilligan's Island" was pretty funny.
Old 05-19-02, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Rosie is so much better than Bumble-Gumble.

Dear V,

Since it was all my doing, please donate all the money to the church.

Thank you,
God
das
Old 05-19-02, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of the 4 left, that's not how I had hoped it would end. Then Rosie came out. TV off. Went from bad to worse.
Old 05-19-02, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Rosie always has to give gifts to get people to like her (must be something wrong in her head!?)
Old 05-19-02, 09:55 PM

What a rip. Rosie didn't even talk to Gina throughout the whole special. At least Sarah spent the whole show leaning forward in her low cut shirt.
Old 05-19-02, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by briank
Rosie always has to give gifts to get people to like her (must be something wrong in her head!?)
Ya know, there probably is some truth to that. She's never met anyone without giving him a gift.

She's so busy doing an episode of her show in the guise of a reunion that she hasn't even spoken to Gina yet.

das
Old 05-19-02, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Tanaraq
What a rip. Rosie didn't even talk to Gina throughout the whole special. At least Sarah spent the whole show leaning forward in her low cut shirt.
Rosie absolutely stunk. She did nothing to get anything intelligent or inciteful out of anyone. She just had a big party which I guess was fun for her but useless for us if we wanted to learn anything more about these people.
Old 05-19-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Well my prediction was wrong
I really wanted Neleh to win.

Reunion show wasn't as boring as I expected. Neleh looked beautiful imo and so did Sarah's breasts
Old 05-19-02, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Jeraden
Did they show how each person voted? I stupidly just Tivo'd the normal 2-hour finale, not realizing the winner wasn't actually announced until the 1 hour reunion show. So I missed the first half of the reunion. The 3 they didn't show were Kathy, General, Tammy. How did those 3 people vote?
Just one of the many important bits of information Rosie failed to elicit from the survivors (at least I didn't see it). I'd be pretty sure das is right that Kathy voted for Neleh and the other two for V but didn't Rosie think we might want to get information like this from the jury members?
Old 05-20-02, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Rosie O'Donnell, Survivor Reunion Host: Critiques

This deserves its own thread. How did you think she did as the Survivor Reunion host? Personally I thought she was better than Bryant "Grumble." At least it was obvious that she was a fan. I thought her interaction with the contestants was pretty good if a tad annoying at times. I can't believe that she completely ignored some of the contestants though (Peter, General, Gina). At least Gumble always made it a point to address every one of the contestants. Overall, I give her a B-

BTW, let's not turn this into an "I hate Rosie" thread. There's a whole thread devoted to that already.
Old 05-20-02, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Along with many others, I've already posted my thoughts about Rosie's hosting in the Survivor thread. Forgive me if I don't retype them for your thread.

das
Old 05-20-02, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
Along with many others, I've already posted my thoughts about Rosie's hosting in the Survivor thread. Forgive me if I don't retype them for your thread.

das
I can forgive but I can't forget. Would it have made a difference if I had subtitled this thread "A Very Special Survivor Thread"? ( )

Seriously though, I know many people discussed this issue among the discussion of the Survivor finale, but I thought it deserved an isolated discussion, especially considering how many people here were upset with her being chosen for the role.
Old 05-20-02, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I had mixed feelings. I LOVED the fact that Rosie brought some personality and laughs to the reunion. You can tell she actually watches the show. I felt after the winner was announced and Rosie came riding in, she seemed to take all the attention away from the winner.

She was better than Gumball when it came to atmosphere and fun. Worse when it came to asking important questions and actually asking EVERYONE questions.

Last edited by JuryDuty; 05-20-02 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-20-02, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cant believe you forgot to mention Patricia. Rosie didn't talk to her. And Gina did talk, when Rosie spoke to Hunter.

I thought she did an okay job. She did the same thing Bryant always did, which was focus on the top 5 people. Personally, I think anyone who hosts the reunion, should speak to EVERYONE, but *I* think most people forget about the people who were voted off 1, 2, 3. Not to mention theres not a lot of material on them. Unlike Debb from the Outback, because of her off the show comments. Heck, she didn't even talk to Rob much, and most people liked him.

At least Gumble always made it a point to address every one of the contestants.
nah, he spoke to Kel about as much as Rosie spoke to Gina. Rosie talked to Hunter about whether or not he and Gina had some romance, and Gina spoke, Gumble talked to Kel about Jerry and the beef jerky. Not a whole lot for me to get my Kel fix.
Old 05-20-02, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
She is without a doubt the most annoying person in the history of time. I would rather spend an evening discussing politics with Jar Jar Binks than listen to her.

I can only wonder how many people switched channels, hit mute, or turned their tv sets off all together when Rosie started singing that horrible song last night.

How this woman makes $25M/year doing her own talk show is beyond me.
Old 05-20-02, 11:51 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Goat3001
Neleh looked beautiful imo and so did Sarah's breasts
Old 05-21-02, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rosie O'Donnell was horrible.
Old 05-21-02, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Goat3001
Neleh looked beautiful imo and so did Sarah's breasts
This was the first Survivor finale that I didn't even watch any of... hell, I didn't even know it was on! So, um... PICS?!?!?
Old 05-21-02, 02:58 PM
Banned

Anyone else scream and/or laugh when you saw Sean's hair?
Old 05-21-02, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sean has a future as an Undercover Brother sidekick.