TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 5/16/02

Old 05-16-02, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Survivor 5/16/02

Based on the winner of the immunity challenge, I'd have to say that
Spoiler:
Sean is the front runer for getting the boot based on jealousy for winning the Saturn VUE SUV (unless Sean also pulls pff immunity, then I think Vecepia gets the boot.

Hmm....the winner of immunity is
Spoiler:
Kathy, when both her and Neleh crossed the finish line in the "Jeff tells a story and the survivors answer questions to get "tiki's"" Each need 5 tiki's but both of them dropped one of them, but Kathy found hers the quickest and won the immunity necklace one more time.

So it should be interesting who Kathy aligns herself with in the vote.

Last edited by Patman; 05-16-02 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-16-02, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Doh!

Spoiler:
Sean got the boot tonight - Kathy did cast the deciding vote.

Tribal Council was full of fireworks. It was great!
Old 05-16-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if Kathy made the right choice tonight!

If she went the other way, she'd have a better chance. Really she would need to win immunity once at the final 3 anyway, but then WHO would she have a better chance at winning against?
That's why she should have went the other way.

Now the best option would be to get with V ofcourse and go down to the tiebreaker. Either way she should be in the final three and have a shot at immunity.
Old 05-16-02, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Kathy's pretty stupid in the strategy department.
Old 05-16-02, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She had to do it. The jury would have creamed her if she went with Sean after his tirade. I'm bummed since I wanted him to go further but his demeanor at the TC was a huge mistake. He should have made his proposition to Kathy privately where they could have hashed it out. After Pappy's borderline comments about Sean and V to Kathy I thought it was in the bag but Sean shot himself in the foot. He had the right idea but the wrong approach. Kathy still needs more immunity and the foursome in the jury probably thinks she did the right thing tonight, the most crucial night left for jury influencing.
Old 05-16-02, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was a pretty good rant by Sean tonight.
Old 05-16-02, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I've been saying it since Day 1, Sean is the man

Too bad he's gone but he got a lot out of him at the end there which I thought was awesome. I liked the way him and Paschal got into that pretty heated argument, even after their Marquesian feast and of course starting thier "life-long" friendship.

Kathy did make the smarter move but unfortunatly, its not the move I wanted.

Vee is probably gone next unless she gets Immunity then its Kathy. Then Vee or Kathy need to win Immunity in the final 3 and they'll probably vote out Neleh becasue I think people like her more than Paschal. (of course if Kathy's the one with Immunity in the final 3 she'll vote out Pappy, well cause shes an idiot). So it seems that in the final 2 it'll be Kathy and Paschal or Kathy and Neleh OR Vee and Paschal or Vee and Neleh. At this point I want Neleh to win.
Old 05-16-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm glad Sean is gone, next is Vee.

Kathy made the right choice.

Kathy is very likely to win immunity against Pappy & Neleh.
Pappy can barley stand up and Neleh hasn't won squat.

If she sided with Sean & Vee, she would loose immunity against them and be voted off.

I think she has the best chance to win the whole thing. If she wins immunity she will vote out Pappy and bring Neleh to the final 2, which will assure her of a win.
Old 05-16-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If Kathy wins immunity in the final 3 and gets to bring someone, she'll screw up and take Paschal with her.
Old 05-16-02, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't feel too sorry for Sean. He practically voted himself out tonight. Plus, he was there waaaaaaay longer than he should have been any way.

I think she screwed up though. Sean and V were slackers (Sean, moreso than V) and everyone knew it. They shouldn't have gone that far into the game and they annoyed everyone. I think Kathy should have stuck with them and hoped that she won immunity at the right time. She would definitely win out of those three especially considering it's all her tribe members on the jury. Harder to win immunity against Sean than against Neleh or Pascal though. Tough call.
Old 05-16-02, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Kathy will inevitably do the wrong thing and not side with Vee next week, which means that it will be Paschal, Neleh, and Kathy in the final three. If/when this happens, I think Kathy has a good chance of winning immunity.

The last immunity challenge is usually questions about your teammates. I don't think Paschal and Neleh paid enough attention to anyone except themselves, so I think Kathy has a big advantage there. She didn't really befriend anyone really well, so she got a chance to get to know everyone a bit instead of one person a lot.
Old 05-16-02, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, am I the only one rooting for Kathy now? I wasn't early on in the season, but I realized that she probably deserves it the most. She should have been out long ago, yet somehow she's gotten herself this far, so she must be doing something right. She also seems to do WAY more work than anyone else in the tribe. I don't remember the last time they showed Paschal, Neleh, or Vee doing any work...
Old 05-17-02, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Well, Sean messed up big time in tribal council. If he had kept his mouth shut, I think Kathy might have planned to side with him. That would have been the smart move--vote Paschel out. Then Neleh, then Vee. I'd keep Sean as long as I could--no one on THAT jury would vote for him over Kathy.

If Paschel is in the final 2, he wins, no matter who he's with. And, really, Kathy still has a very good chance if she's with Neleh or Vee. We'll see in a few days...

Oh--and Rosie O'Donnell????? It's an improvement over Gumbal, but...
Old 05-17-02, 08:07 AM
Banned

Looks like Kathy is going to win, or rather it's hers to lose.

I'm glad that lazy loser Sean is gone.
If he had watched previous Survivors he would have known to keep his mouth shut.
Old 05-17-02, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe if Kathy wins the million, she can buy a bra or two.
Old 05-17-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Paschal or Kathy win it all. No way that V or Neleh can win it because they would lose one-on-one with P or K and I don't there is any conceivable way that it can be a V/N final. It won't even be close (6-3 at least, unless it is P vs K in the final). Kathy definitely made the right choice. If any of the remaining challenges involves physicality, she has a much better chance of betting P & N than V & S.

Sean was awesome. I don't agree with his viewpoints but these shows are enjoyable because of the people who rock the boat and stir up trouble.
Old 05-17-02, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm bummed that I have no one to root for in Survivor this season.

Next immunity challenge will be the "Fallen Comrades" one, and then the immunity challenge for the final 3 is the Endurance one.

So who knows the most of all of the other survivors? Hmm...Kathy might have the leg up on that one.

And I think Kathy has shown what it takes to do the endurance one as well. She's shown that she's pretty tough (though I did despise her early on).

I didn't like the way Paschal was talking in last night's episode. I'm afraid some of his southern upbringing roots were showing through. Too bad.
Old 05-17-02, 11:47 AM

Kathy's vote for Sean probably won her the most points with the jury. Maybe not with Sean, but with everyone else most likely.

If either V or K win immunity next week, then either P or N are gone and vice versa. Of course no one's brought up the potential of tie breakers for the next vote. Who has the most votes against them right now? (Kathy I think)

We could be seeing a P & K final 2. That would be tough to call.
Old 05-17-02, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by pezboy

If either V or K win immunity next week, then either P or N are gone and vice versa. Of course no one's brought up the potential of tie breakers for the next vote. Who has the most votes against them right now? (Kathy I think)

If I remember hearing right, then previous votes aren't the tie breaker this season.
Old 05-17-02, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If Kathy wins immunity against Paschal & Neleh then she will vote out Paschal. No one on the jury likes Neleh and Most of the jury probably thinks Kathy deserves it more.

Here's how the final vote should go:

Paschal - Neleh
Sean - Kathy
Vee - Kathy
Robert - Kathy
Tammy - Kathy
Zoe - Neleh (she hates Kathy remember ?)
John - Kathy

Even if Robert or Tammy voted for Neleh, Kathy would still win
4-3.
Old 05-17-02, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Its funny that there was no conspiracy, but still Kathy, Pachall and Neelah, were right about Sean and V naturally voting the same way, especailly down to end, just becasue they were close. But Sean mucked it up with a paranoid, desperate tirade.

Kathy does have a great shot. The next to last immunity challenge is always an endurance test, so Pachall is automatically out. I bet he wont even try. V and Neelah havent shown much endurance, so Kathy is the best bet. Regardless, even if she loses, she, most likely, has P and N on her side. Its all going to come down to the quiz really. Kathy hasnt shown much in the brains department, but niether has anyone else really.

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 05-17-02 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-17-02, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Slumbering Fist
Its funny that there was no conspiracy, but still Kathy, Pachall and Neelah, were right about Sean and V naturally voting the same way, especailly down to end, just becasue they were close. But Sean mucked it up with a paranoid, desperate tirade.

Kathy does have a great shot. The next to last immunity challenge is always an endurance test, so Pachall is automatically out. I bet he wont even try. V and Neelah havent shown much endurance, so Kathy is the best bet. Regardless, even if she loses, she, most likely, has P and N on her side. Its all going to come down to the quiz really. Kathy hasnt shown much in the brains department, but niether has anyone else really.

If Kathy doesn't win (and either N or P win) the immunity challenge, I think N & P are better off getting V to join them and voting Kathy off. The only possible way Neleh can win is in a final-2 with V. Paschal is a shoo-in to win if matched with either N or V.
Old 05-17-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Kathy's pretty stupid in the strategy department.

I think you are correct. If she aligned herself with Sean/V she could have gotten Sean on her side, (especially if she had given him the immunity necklace last night).

Either way, the "4" (John, Tammy, General, Zoe) who though they would be the last four are likely pissed that they aren't still in the game...oh, by the way, I miss Boston Rob, he knew how to push people's buttons very funny episodes.. "I handed the keys to dumb and dumber"
Old 05-17-02, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think even if Kathy was swayng to side with Sean & V, his tirade would have pretty much convinced her to change sides. And if she had voted with him after all that, the jury and the rest of the tribe would have thought she was abig knucklehead.

I think voting Sean out was ultimately probably the smart thing to do since he posed a bigger physical threat. Her being the odd man out with either team of two means her only chance is to win immunity.

As far as the upcoming "fallen comrades" quiz, I'm wondering if Vee mught be good at that. She has been pretty quiet, perhaps listening to others?
Old 05-17-02, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Cheddarmuff

I think you are correct. If she aligned herself with Sean/V she could have gotten Sean on her side, (especially if she had given him the immunity necklace last night).
The basic problem was that Sean shot himslef in the foot. Saying, "If you give me immunity I wont vote for you..." and I think he added/slipped in, ..."it'll be me and you in the final two", which left poor V in the cold, severing the Sean/V team. Kathy already had a bullseye on her being odd man out (no pun inteded), so giving up immunity to Sean especially after his tirade would have sealed her fate further. Therefore at least by getting rid of him, she has an upper hand in the physical challenges. It was the smart thing to do.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.