The Shield -- 5/14/02

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield -- 5/14/02

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-02, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shield -- 5/14/02

There were a couple inevitable things --
Spoiler:
hooker can't get clean, whatshisname gets in trouble again -- what a moron.

And a few good twists --
Spoiler:
Dutch finally reels in the killer. Reporter digging up dirt.

The blanket party was a little surprising, but it was a given that Julian would show up. Seems like a couple of those other cops are getting more airtime this episode from several different angles.

Anyone notice how the one guy had the same name as the show's creator -- Shawn Ryan? Pretty funny.

AFAIK, the only major loose end now is the psycho Armenian guy. Hope he turns up again.

Next episode looks really interesting as well. Too bad I'll be out of the country for the next 2 episodes -- noooo!.

Tuan Jim
Old 05-14-02, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
good episode
does Mackie even care about his family though?
Old 05-14-02, 10:25 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Re: The Shield -- 5/14/02

Originally posted by Tuan Jim

And a few good twists --
Spoiler:
Dutch finally reels in the killer. Reporter digging up dirt.

That shocked me
Spoiler:
He was a near perfect profile for serial killers, and I thought fro sure the writers were setting up Dutchboy for another let down.

AFAIK, the only major loose end now is the psycho Armenian guy. Hope he turns up again.
Me too. My guess is he will, and when we least expect it.

Another good episode and was surprised they did so much in one episode. Shane still kills me, and continues to have my vote as the biggest nutjob in the barn.
Old 05-14-02, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: The Shield -- 5/14/02

Originally posted by Pac-Rat

Another good episode and was surprised they did so much in one episode. Shane still kills me, and continues to have my vote as the biggest nutjob in the barn.
He really is clueless isn't he? You'd think he'd learn after one major SNAFU. I guess not though. "stupid is as stupid does".

btw, did anyone else notice the name thing?

Tuan Jim
Old 05-14-02, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

incidentally, I was digging around IMDB -- was there another show before this called "The Farm" or did that never get off the ground and get pulled into the Shield? It doesn't sound familiar, and I don't remember hearing about it on any channel, but IMDB has it listed for 2001 with all the same characters as "The Shield."

Tuan Jim
Old 05-14-02, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by Tuan Jim
incidentally, I was digging around IMDB -- was there another show before this called "The Farm" or did that never get off the ground and get pulled into the Shield? It doesn't sound familiar, and I don't remember hearing about it on any channel, but IMDB has it listed for 2001 with all the same characters as "The Shield."

Tuan Jim
I think it's one of imdb's numerous F-ups. The Shield did have other names prior to this one, but normally they list the AKA's and not give the AKA it's own page. They also goofed up Lemon's bio too. When you look up The Shield, and click on Lemon's name, it shows him only having been in like 3-4 things. But when you type in "Kenny Johnson" it lists his other stuff like Major League 3, but not the Shield.

The name thing- I 'll have to watch it again, I thought they said Taylor (unless you just mean the first name).
Old 05-14-02, 11:25 PM
Banned

I didn't like that they put a rape charge from the past on the Captain. I get the feeling there seting it up to can him from the show.
Old 05-15-02, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wm lopez
I didn't like that they put a rape charge from the past on the Captain. I get the feeling there seting it up to can him from the show.
I think it's just an angle they can push when he runs for office. It was his wife after all that was doing the interview. She must have tried to dig up dirt on him to make sure there would be no surprises from someone else before the election.
Old 05-15-02, 03:12 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by vapoRware
It was his wife after all that was doing the interview.
You're confused. The reporter and the wife are two different characters.

Who was that girl who played the stripper? She looked familiar (she was also Fine with a capital "F").

Second week in a row that the show has trotted out a hottie. I also liked the gangbanger girlfriend from last week's episode.
Old 05-15-02, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho

Second week in a row that the show has trotted out a hottie. I also liked the gangbanger girlfriend from last week's episode.
"This whole "West Side Story" thing is really getting old."

Old 05-15-02, 06:39 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
This and Philly are 2 of my favourite shows on television right now, The shield is a lot of fun, and I can't understand MAckey's home life for a second.

His wife is one tolerant woman...
Old 05-15-02, 11:21 PM

Originally posted by Groucho

Who was that girl who played the stripper? She looked familiar (she was also Fine with a capital "F").

Nichole Hiltz
Old 05-20-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The stripper was a babe. I loved the part when Mackey walks in and sees Shane balling her on the monitor.
No one mentioned Dutch. (my favorite character) The part when the serial killer did a profile on Dutch was right on. I've known a lot of cops that fit that profile. The writters diffenetly have LF backrounds or do their homework well.