DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   "24" - 5/14 (merged) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/207580-24-5-14-merged.html)

mrosen 05-14-02 01:40 PM

"24" 5/14 - Who do you think the mole is?

I can't even hazard a guess as to who the mole might be. There's nobody I can think of who would stand to gain. Any thoughts?

Mike

nemein 05-14-02 01:53 PM

Mason (? isn't that the guy sitting in Jack's office ?). They have shown he's interested in doing whatever it takes to advance his own career/well-being. Which gives him a method by which he can be corrupted. Wasn't he one of the few people who knew about the contact in New Orleans? Also, while he's always willing to set people up, he's delayed in sending help whenever anyone is in real danger. JMO

Rypro 525 05-14-02 01:53 PM

The ad said that it someone close to jack and ctu, so these are my conclusions

Tony, nina's partner.

It cant be nina, since why would gaines want her dead,

palmer would be way too confusing

george mason would be too obvious

Obi-Wan 05-14-02 01:58 PM

None of the shows regulars would make any sense. Mason, Nina and Tony have done several things that would make it real hard to believe they are the mole. After last week it looks like Mason is not a possibility. Tony shot the assasin so he is out. Nina did a lot of things to mess up Gaines along the way. But Gaines did not know what the Drazens had planned so he would not know if Nina was working with them or not. Chapele is a possibility. My guess is Walsh. I don't think he is dead. Walsh told Jack that Jamie was the only one he could trust at CTU and she ended up being a mole. But Walsh giving Jack the cardkey bothers me.

Static Cling 05-14-02 02:00 PM

Edited thread title.

If it wasn't for FOX and their stupid promo department showing ads on Fox News Channel, I wouldn't even know that they were revealing the mole tonight.

PLEASE, especially with a show like this, be extremely careful with spoilers.

nemein 05-14-02 02:01 PM

Originally posted by Obi-Wan
After last week it looks like Mason is not a possibility. Tony shot the assasin so he is out. Nina did a lot of things to mess up Gaines along the way. But Gaines did not know what the Drazens had planned so he would not know if Nina was working with them or not. My guess is Walsh. I don't think he is dead. Walsh told Jack that Jamie was the only one he could trust at CTU and she ended up being a mole. But Walsh giving Jack the cardkey bothers me.
I hadn't thought about/remembered Walsh, after all Jack was never able to check the body was he? I was about to post the point about Tony too ;) I'm curious though as you why you think Mason is out? It was after the ep last week that I thought he was the one...

Obi-Wan 05-14-02 02:04 PM

Mason didn't seem like he trusted the Drazens at the exchange. He also seemed real concerned about getting Jack back. Probably because of the promise Palmer made him but still if you made a deal with the Drazens I don't think you would try to double cross them.

I just hope they don't cop out and make it Alberta or what ever her name was. (The woman who took over for jack the first couple episodes.)

Obi-Wan 05-14-02 02:05 PM

If I remember correctly didn't Jack call Jamie and have her take care of Walsh's body? Also I can't remember Chapele doing anything to help Jack without being forced to.

Rypro 525 05-14-02 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling

If it wasn't for FOX and their stupid promo department showing ads on Fox News Channel, I wouldn't even know that they were revealing the mole tonight.

PLEASE, especially with a show like this, be extremely careful with spoilers.

it aint just on fox news, it is on regular fox, tv guide, radio stations, ect.

Rypro 525 05-14-02 02:14 PM

THERE IS A HUGE SPOILER IN THE TV GUIDE AND IT READS

Spoiler:
"a phone conversation gives Jack information that helps identify the second ctu traiter, enabiling him to warn Nina." so now we know it cant be nina, i am still going to say tony based on these revelations and that he knew that jack and kim were kidnapped

Tony shot the assasin so he is out.
which one. Jack shot and killed gaines. I would not consiter the guy who tried to kill teri as an assassin.

mrosen 05-14-02 03:16 PM

Why the subject edit? I wouldn't consider this a spoiler thread as the episode hasn't aired yet. It's a postulation on what is going to happen.

nemein 05-14-02 03:18 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525

which one. Jack shot and killed gaines. I would not consiter the guy who tried to kill teri as an assassin.

I just found out when you quote a post w/ a spoiler you actually get to read the spoiler ;)

Anyway, why wouldn't you? Wasn't that person sent by one of the Drazens?

mrosen 05-14-02 03:34 PM

Originally posted by nemein

I just found out when you quote a post w/ a spoiler you actually get to read the spoiler ;)

Anyway, why wouldn't you? Wasn't that person sent by one of the Drazens?

But he and the Drazens are irrelevant. We've already been told it is a CTU mole. So the only players to consider are affiliated with CTU.

Mike

nemein 05-14-02 03:46 PM

Originally posted by mrosen

But he and the Drazens are irrelevant. We've already been told it is a CTU mole. So the only players to consider are affiliated with CTU.

Mike

:confused: Someone mentioned Tony couldn't be the mole since he shot one of the assassins the Drazens sent to kill Terri after she was out of their control. So if Tony was working for the Drazens (and therefore the mole) why would he kill the assassin who was gunning for Terri?

Obi-Wan 05-14-02 05:50 PM

My thoughts exactly nemein. The only way Tony could be the mole is if the Drazens decided to sacrafice a man so that Tony could gain Jacks trust.

Axl Rose 05-14-02 05:55 PM

I think Terri and Tony betrayed Jack. I think Terri and Tony found out Jack and Nina were an item a long time ago and gave the Drazens info and help along the way out of spite. Tony never liked Jack and was pissed he and Nina hooked up. I think it is a case of the 2 jilted lovers teaming up for revenge. I'm probably way off but it seems to me like Nina and Jack will get back together, and in order to save Kim's life, Jack will have to kill Terri in dramatic fashion.

huzefa 05-14-02 08:58 PM

24 5/14 (After the show) spoilers

Nina is the mole!!!!

rfduncan 05-14-02 08:59 PM

Originally posted by huzefa
Spoiler:
NINA IS THE MOLE!!!!

DUDE! Use spoilers! The west coast hasn't seen it yet!!!!

[cartman voice]SON OF A BITCH![/cartman voice]

Spoiler:
IT WAS NINA!

Now I'd have to watch the whole show all over again!!!!!

Rypro 525 05-14-02 09:02 PM

Spoiler:
my god that surprised the hell out of me!!! I was convised that it was mason.

Here are some possible clues after remebering the series. jack had the affair with nina, he goes back to teri, and she gets pissed off at him and goes to the drazens. Also, that means, that walsh (the guy who was killed at the begining, was actually telling the truth.

But, why would the other mole (forgot her name) slit her rists if they were working together. who knows.

TK-421 05-14-02 09:03 PM

Holy flurking schnit... Well, I can definitely say I didn't see that coming....
Spoiler:
I knew it wasn't Mason because they kept pointing to him, but I didn't think it was Nina
... It definitely sets up for an interesting finale next week.. Also glad about Sen. Palmer taking control of his situation.. I wonder also who will live and die at the end..

huzefa 05-14-02 09:03 PM

Originally posted by rfduncan

DUDE! Use spoilers! The west coast hasn't seen it yet!!!!

[cartman voice]SON OF A BITCH![/cartman voice]

Spoiler:
IT WAS NINA!

Now I'd have to watch the whole show all over again!!!!!

What is the point of spoilers, the thread title already has 'spoilers' in it.

Rogue588 05-14-02 09:04 PM

Spoiler:
It really wouldn't have made sense for it to be Mason. He was already presented in a negative light when we first met him. It had to be someone that Jack REALLY TRUSTED.

Disappointing.

kevin75 05-14-02 09:05 PM

WOW!!! the whole show i was thinking tony was the mole, cause nina was too obvious and tony could have been setting george up with the whole computer records search thing, but i guess i was wrong. the only thing i am wondering now is how long has nina been at CTU? if not longer then the 2 years since the original drazen incident, then did they do a complete background check on her or what? i can't wait for next week. whew!!

Rypro 525 05-14-02 09:09 PM

Originally posted by huzefa

What is the point of spoilers, the thread title already has 'spoilers' in it.

west cost people dont know the mole yet (unless they peaked under the spoiler marks.

Nazgul 05-14-02 09:25 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
Spoiler:
It really wouldn't have made sense for it to be Mason. He was already presented in a negative light when we first met him. It had to be someone that Jack REALLY TRUSTED.

Disappointing.

How is that disappointing?