Boston Public 5.13.2002

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boston Public 5.13.2002

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-02, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston Public 5.13.2002

Wow.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
Old 05-13-02, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
didnt see that ending coming either
Old 05-13-02, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I second the WOW.

Is Nicky Katt (Harry Senate) leaving the show?
Old 05-13-02, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow indeed! It's been quite a while since something on commercial TV stunned me like that.
Old 05-13-02, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just to be different, I'll say wow, but I was expecting it (I won't be expecting his death, if it happens, though).
Old 05-13-02, 09:18 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
They have cut down Harry Senate's role from the lead last year to a bit player this year. Perhaps Nicky Katt is walking?
Old 05-13-02, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh my gosh. I don't think next Monday there will be a funeral, but it does seem like a really good season finale. I can't wait!
Old 05-13-02, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow (but... since when did Harry have a telephone in his classroom?)
Old 05-14-02, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

also, props to Fox for not spoiling it in their teasers like they usually do
Old 05-14-02, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Damn Harry for not going to dinner with Ronnie!...his role did get much smaller this year though, so i would think next monday would be it...
Old 05-14-02, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
definitely didn't see that one coming either
Old 05-14-02, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What happened? I missed it.
Old 05-14-02, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Forgive me for not going "wow." While I'll refrain from *yawn*, it's definitely closer.

I'm really beginning to loathe the way they are abusing the students on the show. Every student is a pawn for emotional destruction. This whole season has been that way, especially with the kid they introduced just so they could kill him in a later episode. Ah ... I should be more specific. Not that one kid, the other one. The artist. No, not THAT one ... the OTHER one.

Good thing Harry doesn't get phone calls during class all the time. That was weak. Why not just have him use a cell phone?

The hair-eating girl freaked me out. I certainly didn't expect that.

marty888, you need to watch more shows.

das
Old 05-14-02, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are schools that have phones in the class rooms. My Jr High school had them

Capt
Old 05-14-02, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
I'm really beginning to loathe the way they are abusing the students on the show. Every student is a pawn for emotional destruction. This whole season has been that way, especially with the kid they introduced just so they could kill him in a later episode. Ah ... I should be more specific. Not that one kid, the other one. The artist. No, not THAT one ... the OTHER one.
I agree, das. But is Ally McBeal any different with how the clients are presented? I guess we expect more of Boston Public since the students should be more recurring characters instead of just seemingly dragged from relative obscurity as needed. Fame (among other "school-based" t.v. shows) was much better at this. I may have missed something, but why exactly was Brooke necessary in this episode?

The Harry Senate thing was only shocking because it was idiotic. I may have expected the kid to use a gun (which would have been ironic on mulitple levels), but to have this calm discussion and then lead to a stabbing is very strange. It blows the whole "the guy started to pull his gun first" thing right out of the water (which I was more willing to believe in the stalemate position the guy was taking on turning himself in). If he was willing to tote a gun around to buy beer, why wouldn't he have one to confront Harry?

In terms of next week, I doubt Harry will die, but it would not surprise me if David E. Kelley lined up a funeral episode followed by Ally's out-of-nowhere wedding/finale episode.
Old 05-14-02, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by rfduncan
I agree, das. But is Ally McBeal any different with how the clients are presented? I guess we expect more of Boston Public since the students should be more recurring characters instead of just seemingly dragged from relative obscurity as needed. Fame (among other "school-based" t.v. shows) was much better at this. I may have missed something, but why exactly was Brooke necessary in this episode?
Nah, Ally's not much different, but as you said, I think we expect more from the students as semi-permanent characters than just the client-of-the-week. As for Fame, although the singing and dancing was quite cheesy sometimes, they did an excellent job with their character development and interaction between the teachers and students.

das
Old 05-14-02, 07:24 AM

This just in: Harry Senate will die, but will appear as a wisecracking ghost for a few episodes until Katt's contract runs out. Also, he'll be dying his hair blonde. Viewership will drop dramatically and Fox will struggle for viewership by using stunt casting and celebrity cameos. By the time the show dies, it will be a shadow of a it's former self.
Old 05-14-02, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Groucho
This just in: Harry Senate will die, but will appear as a wisecracking ghost for a few episodes until Katt's contract runs out. Also, he'll be dying his hair blonde. Viewership will drop dramatically and Fox will struggle for viewership by using stunt casting and celebrity cameos. By the time the show dies, it will be a shadow of a it's former self.
At least Robert Downey, Jr. will have a job.

das
Old 05-14-02, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Should have taken Ronnie up on her offer for sex.
Old 05-14-02, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by rfduncan

If he was willing to tote a gun around to buy beer, why wouldn't he have one to confront Harry?
If he was smart, he probably got rid of that gun pretty quick, since it's now a murder weapon.

Him being on the run from cops, it probably is smart if he's no longer packing.
Old 05-14-02, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't care what anyone else says. Senate is dead. They're killing him off to make room for next year's Star Trek alum teachers played by Brent Spiner and William Shatner.
Old 05-14-02, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by sexy_overlord
They're killing him off to make room for next year's Star Trek alum teachers played by Brent Spiner and William Shatner.
Oh crap...and you thought the musical numbers were bad already!
Old 05-14-02, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by das Monkey
Forgive me for not going "wow." While I'll refrain from *yawn*, it's definitely closer.

what student did they abuse this week?

you talking about the ritalin kid? he had more than one episode.

i think they are setting the homeless girl up to die.
Old 05-14-02, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If I was alone with a guy wanted for murder, I certainly would not defiantly pick up the phone to call the cops with him standing there. Harry was just asking for trouble. Expect a lot of tears and hand-wringing for the season finale next week. You just know that there will be some emotional singing too. I hope he makes it, I prefer Harry to Danny by far.

Honk!
Old 05-14-02, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
I prefer Harry to Danny by far.
They are two seperate characters? Who knew?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.