TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Kirsten Dunst, Eminem do SNL tonight. 05/11

Old 05-11-02, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kirsten Dunst, Eminem do SNL tonight. 05/11

Kirsten Dunst will host and Eminem will perform on
Saturday Night Live tonight. (May 11)

This will be Will Ferrell's second-to-last show as I believe the season finale is May 18.

Should be a good one.
Old 05-11-02, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be sure to tape it. I'm sure it will be good!! I didn't know Will was leaving.
Old 05-11-02, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope that Will revisits some of his classic personas - with that singing duo as my favorite.

I just realized upon my 10th viewing of Austin Powers that Mustafa was played by Will Ferrell.

(Nope, I tend not to watch the end credits for a movie)
Old 05-11-02, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Sparrow
I hope that Will revisits some of his classic personas - with that singing duo as my favorite.
I'm hoping for Harry Caray and another Robert Goulet rap album (Eminem can join him).
Old 05-11-02, 10:45 PM

Did anyone catch how bad they messed up the monolog tonight?? The one with spiderman?
1. She took the mask off,
2. they forgot to bring the trash can,
3. he didnt throw up,
4. she said "i can't kiss you, you just threw up"
5. he's suppost to reveal himself but doesn't have the mask so he uses his hand

i mean i love it when they make mistakes cause its funny, but this time i felt like i was on stage, naked!!
Old 05-11-02, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by LeftyBrasco
Did anyone catch how bad they messed up the monolog tonight?? The one with spiderman?
1. She took the mask off,
2. they forgot to bring the trash can,
3. he didnt throw up,
4. she said "i can't kiss you, you just threw up"
5. he's suppost to reveal himself but doesn't have the mask so he uses his hand

i mean i love it when they make mistakes cause its funny, but this time i felt like i was on stage, naked!!
yeah, she was trying to put the mask back on, but she couldn't get it over his big head. Too funny!
Old 05-11-02, 11:11 PM

SNL spoofs Disney DVD commercials

On Saturday Night Live tonight they had a funny spoof on the Disney DVD commercials for Bamby DVD. It was on about 20-25 minutes into the show. In case SNL isn't on in your area yet, don't read on if you don't want me to spoil the comedy ...

SPOILER
Can't remember word for word, but it was something to the effect of "Bamby available on DVD until May 27. Then, it will go away for 10 years, depriving your child of a great animated classic. ... On May 27, Bamby will be frozen and placed in the Disney vault next to Walt Disney's head." They also went on to do a spoof ad for Bamby 2002.

Sorry, probably doesn't sound as funny here. But I thought I'd mention it since I know some of us find Disney's limited-time DVD offerings amusing.
Old 05-11-02, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds funny. I bet I would have liked seeing that myself if I had a normal family and could be watching SNL right now.

I thought the Wonka Special Edition DVD sketch they did last fall was interesting as well...good for a few laughs at least.

Thanks for posting this. I'll look forward to seeing it in reruns.
Old 05-12-02, 12:08 AM
HEM
Cool New Member

Was it just me or did she kiss jimmy falon in every skit they were in except weekend update?
Old 05-12-02, 12:19 AM
Banned

How was Eminem? What did he perform?
Old 05-12-02, 12:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving to TV Talk.
Old 05-12-02, 12:41 AM

Originally posted by HEM
Was it just me or did she kiss jimmy falon in every skit they were in except weekend update?
I have a theory that as the best looking male cast member , Jimmy Fallon always gets to make out w/ the hot female hosts. I am truly blanking on examples, but I have noticed it many times before. If I were a male cast member of SNL, I would be pissed at him . But if I were a host (and as a female, I qualify for the makeout sessions), I'd be A-okay with it

About the show itself, tonight it was kinda mediocre...even the Weekend Update which I normally love. Although, I gotta hand it to Chris Parnell...he handled that rap very well.

I also like Maya Rudolph's teen character, Megan. Her voice makes me laugh. And poor Rachel Dratch has to play Sheldon w/ the Horshak hair. I just feel bad for her...*until* she gets to play Sully's girlfriend and thus makes out w/ Jimmy Fallon. I've come full circle here, people.
Old 05-12-02, 12:49 AM

POKAHOTASS

Old 05-12-02, 12:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merged threads.
Old 05-12-02, 01:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: SNL spoofs Disney DVD commercials

Originally posted by T-rex
Bamby available on DVD until May 27. Then, it will go away for 10 years, depriving your child of a great animated classic. ... On May 27, Bamby will be frozen and placed in the Disney vault next to Walt Disney's head."
"...depriving your child or future children of a significant emotional milestone."

But, man, was that Carson Daly skit lame...
Old 05-12-02, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: Re: SNL spoofs Disney DVD commercials

Originally posted by Gdrlv
But, man, was that Carson Daly skit lame...
Lamer than his personality?
Old 05-12-02, 02:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: SNL spoofs Disney DVD commercials

Originally posted by Rogue588

Lamer than his personality?
Oh, good Lord, no. Not that bad. (Full disclaimer: I have not watched MTV for a very long time and am just going from memory here.)

Chris Parnell's gangsta rap was great though. Don't watch SNL all that often anymore, but he impressed me with that one...

Thought the "Laugh In" Kournikova skit was hilarious until the writers felt it necessary to point out that "everyone is dancing to go-go music just like they used to do on Laugh In"...then it ended lame.

Last edited by Gdrlv; 05-12-02 at 02:35 AM.
Old 05-12-02, 02:36 AM

Originally posted by Gdrlv

Chris Parnell's gangsta rap was great though. Don't watch SNL all that often anymore, but he impressed me with that one...
Yeah, that was actually pretty good. I wonder if he writes his own lyrics, because he's rapped on the show before.
Old 05-12-02, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did anyone know a laughing fit over the opening monolog as well?

Queen Amidala
Old 05-12-02, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by WWF Jedi
POKAHOTASS

I was actually disappointed with that joke. MAD-TV made a Pokeahotass joke YEARS ago after the first Pochahontas came out. Not with the same visual, of course, but still....SNL doesn't need to steal Mad TV material in any fashion.
Old 05-12-02, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

for the most part i was unimpressed except for the disney spoof and chris parnell's rap on weekend update. other then that i thought it was kinda blah.
Old 05-12-02, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought Kirsten Dunst did a nice job. She actually looked like she prepared throughout the week (except for opening mono) and she looked like she was having fun.

Refreshing.

The "BAMBY" thing was great.

Parnell's rap was funny too.
Old 05-12-02, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by Mike_AA
How was Eminem? What did he perform?
I think he only did one song. Started out saying/rapping something about trailer park girls, or something like that, then I found the mute button. He was also in a "DeMarco Bros." skit, in which I found him to be tolerable.

As for "How was he?", you are probably asking the wrong guy. To quote a friend: "I'd like to see him get shot it the face".
Old 05-12-02, 11:03 AM
Banned

How vabout Kirsten's boobies!?
Nice and squeezable!
Old 05-12-02, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought Chris Parnell rapped better than Eminem - he was hilarious. (Though I am more in tune with the classic G-Funk/Gangsta Rap than with homophobe/antisocial violence rap). However, the rest of Weekend Update was nowhere near that quality, although Chris Kattan did make me laugh

Kirsten Dunst was OK for the most part, though she was pretty funny in the Wake Up Wakefield sketch, which was another bright spot in the show. "Claritin is the poor man's Zyrtec!" Also, was that Tina Fey on the left in the sketch? I can only remember her being in two other sketches in the past few years... she didn't really contribute much here.

The sketch with the background players was funny, as was the Bambi 2002 cartoon. The rest of the show pretty much blew. Does anyone know why Jack Handey is still getting work? All of his "My Very Thick Novel" pieces are loads of crap...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.