Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ed 5/1

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-02, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ed 5/1

well, this was an absolutely incredible hour! everything about this was great with the possible exception of phil's latest scheme. it was entertaining but not great. this had to have possibly the best warren cheswick subplot ever within an hour. it was funny and touching but not too over the top in the typical cheswick fashion.

as for dennis, i will be waiting to see what ed does in regards to he and carol and if he tells her about falling off the wagon. i think he does because even if he can't have her, he still cares about her enough to want her to have all the facts to make the right decision.

anyway, this IMO was definitely one of the best episodes this season. anybody else notice that the coming attractions trailer for next week was replaced by the one from (insert er, the west wing, law and order) in regards to the serious tone?
Old 05-02-02, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree, great episode. Cheswick was great as usual - and his sidekick was great when he told Cheswick to tell God that he got screwed

Ahh...quizbowl - brings back Academic Decathlon / Kiwani's Bowl memories. Good ol' high school.
Old 05-02-02, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked this episode quite a bit! Not nearly as cheesy as the last couple, in my opinion. I want things to start resolving though! It has been making me anxious.
Old 05-02-02, 08:55 AM

i missed it this week

why do i always miss the cheswick plots? he's pure comic gold.
Old 05-02-02, 08:58 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
What a wonderful episode! Last night's episode is a prime example why this is my favorite network TV show.

Does anyone know if this show is coming back next season?

In the promos for next week's episode, they say that there are only 2 remaining episodes. Do they mean 2 episodes left in the season or the series?
Old 05-02-02, 09:02 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
In the Hizz-ouse!
Old 05-02-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
n the promos for next week's episode, they say that there are only 2 remaining episodes. Do
they mean 2 episodes left in the season or the series?

I noticed the intentional vagueness as well. And I don't find it very encouraging.

By the way, I thought I was paying attention... but who won the quiz bowl?
Old 05-02-02, 10:07 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Fielding Mellish
By the way, I thought I was paying attention... but who won the quiz bowl?
I don't think we ever found out.
Old 05-02-02, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson
What a wonderful episode! Last night's episode is a prime example why this is my favorite network TV show.

Does anyone know if this show is coming back next season?

In the promos for next week's episode, they say that there are only 2 remaining episodes. Do they mean 2 episodes left in the season or the series?
I noticed the exact same wording in the ER and Law and Order spots, so its not some kind of notice, but no decision has been made on the show yet either.
Old 05-02-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If it's not renewed for next season, I will be very and

Two excellent plots, and one average. Ed showed almost saintly restraint by not knocking that douchebag on his ass when he threatened to humiliate the poor kid in front of the whole school. Down With Dennis!

I'm glad Cheswick didn't get an elbow in the ribs when he planted one on Diane. We all saw it coming months ago, but it was a good slow build. Warren was a scream with his "interviews" of the religious leaders. Wiggle room on the thrice daily praying!

The boxing subplot didn't grab me at all, what would be so difficult about going to a gym and picking out real boxers to promote instead of two dockworkers?

Honk!