Greg The Bunny And Andy Richter Controls The Universe Possibly Cancelled

Old 05-01-02, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greg The Bunny And Andy Richter Controls The Universe Possibly Cancelled

Wednesday, May 1, 2002
'Andy Richter,' 'Greg the Bunny' to Miss May Sweeps Leaving Futures In Doubt
By Brian Ford Sullivan

"Undeclared," "Family Guy" and "Titus" got two new roommates in the world of hiatus as FOX officially announced yesterday that "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" and "Greg the Bunny" will not air during May sweeps. The move calls into question the future of both series as each was originally scheduled to air twice during the period. Not helping matters is the fact that rarely do series that do not air during May sweeps return the following fall. Such news adds more questions than answers in regards to FOX's fall lineup as among shows "on the bubble" only "Grounded for Life," "That '80s Show" and "Dark Angel" will air at least once during sweeps. FOX will replace "Andy" with repeats of "That '70s Show" while "Bunny" will be replaced by "Bernie Mac" encores.

FOX did not comment as to whether either series would return after sweeps as both still have several episodes in the can (each had a 13 episode order). We do know however that in the case of "Greg" FOX has already committed its Wednesday, 9:30/8:30c time slot to live episodes of the new reality series "American Idol" beginning in early June.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...klyrant&id=331

Fox at it again
Old 05-01-02, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Where the F is Titus!!!
Old 05-01-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If Fox didn't have so many other shows ending this season, I'd be very surprised if Dark Angel was renewed (unless James Cameron negotiated a 3-year run for this series which has run out of ideas and stories).
Old 05-01-02, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
J*#&$ H. CHRIST! What are they going to have to show next year? Malcolm, That 70's Show, COPS, King of the Hill and Bernie Mac will be on every night between 8 and 10pm with occassional "When [fill in the blank noun - e.g. rabid flea] [fill in the blank verb - assault]" and musically overburdened episodes of Boston Public.

Kreiky!

Dark Angel is only still on because Cameron is directing the 90 min season finale...
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am sick of this! Every time a good show gets on Fox, you can count the minutes before they take it off the radar all together. I swear they wouldn't know what was good for their network if it bit them on the ass.
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-01-02, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The way it looks for Fox is that they will probably cancel 75% of their shows.My prediction is as follows:

Monday
8:00 Boston Public-renewed
9:00 Ally- cancelled(we already know this)

Tuesday
8:00 That 70's Show-renewed
8:30 Undeclared,Andy Richter- both cancelled
9:00 24-renewed but not the same

Wednesday
8:00 That 80's Show-cancelled
8:30 Grounded For Life-cancelled
9:00 Bernie Mac-renewed
9:30 Titus,Greg The Bunny-both cancelled

Thursday
8:00 All shows cancelled
9:00 All shows cancelled

Friday
8:00 All shows cancelled
9:00 Dark Angel-cancelled but would be suprised if renewed

Saturday
8:00 Cops-renewed
8:30 Cops-renewed
9:00 Americas Most Wanted-renewed

Sunday
7:00 Futurama-cancelled just use up never aired eps.
7:30 King of the Hill-renewed
8:00 Simpsons-renewed
8:30 Malcolm-renewed
9:00 X-files-cancelled(we all already know this)
Old 05-01-02, 03:41 PM
Mod Emeritus

Re: Greg The Bunny And Andy Richter Controls The Universe Possibly Cancelled

Originally posted by Blaster1
Wednesday, May 1, 2002
'Andy Richter,' 'Greg the Bunny' to Miss May Sweeps Leaving Futures In Doubt
By Brian Ford Sullivan

"Undeclared," "Family Guy" and "Titus" got two new roommates in the world of hiatus as FOX officially announced yesterday that "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" and "Greg the Bunny" will not air during May sweeps.

When, oh when, will I learn to never watch a FOX show that isn't already established!
Old 05-01-02, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't be too upset about this, guys. I have it on good authority from a friend of mine who works for FOX programming that they are preparing for a major television event next fall: When Cancelled FOX Shows Attack, to be quickly followed by When Pissed-Off Television Fans Beat the Living F*** Out of Network Executives. The latter show will be a 24 part series and should fill the whole season.

das
Old 05-01-02, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
to be quickly followed by When Pissed-Off Television Fans Beat the Living F*** Out of Network Executives. The latter show will be a 24 part series and should fill the whole season.

How about Glutton Bowl II: When Pissed-Off Television Fans Eat Network Executives
Old 05-01-02, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

why would anyone at this network think replacing new, funny shows with repeats of one show would help their ratings during sweeps.

I think there's gonna be nothing left of the FOX network in a few years, especially if they wrap up the Simpsons.
Old 05-01-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't be too upset about this, guys. I have it on good authority from a friend of mine who works for FOX programming that they are preparing for a major television event next fall: When Cancelled FOX Shows Attack, to be quickly followed by When Pissed-Off Television Fans Beat the Living F*** Out of Network Executives. The latter show will be a 24 part series and should fill the whole season.

Is FOX going to have ANY shows left next year? This is friggin insane.
Old 05-01-02, 05:00 PM

Didn't they say last night the Andy Richter would return with all new episode next week? So that would mean it would be on during sweeps.
Old 05-01-02, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Keeping That 80s Show and ditching Andy Richter just shows how ****ed up FOX is. Sticking with the worst show on the air and ditching one of the best. Real smart.
Old 05-01-02, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
My wife and I were talking about this, the wierd paradox of FOX: I watch their shows more than any other network - except maybe Cartoon Yet at the same time they're cancelling most of my faves, including "Undeclared" which I thought was the single best show of the new season last year and "Futurama" which was treated like shite by them. Why does this network take chances with quality, original programming like "Andy Richter" and then promptly make it impossible for them to succeed by canceling them, running episodes in wrong order, etc. while they overhype mediocre overrated stuff like "'70s Show" into the ground? (I noticed they had TWO SOLID HOURS of '70s Show-related programming on last night - didn't watch it, but still, that's really overkill for a pleasant but hardly outstanding program.) Grrhg. Don't get me started on FOX....
Old 05-01-02, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm just glad they are airing the Debbie Gibson guest spot on "That 80s Show" 5/7 8:30pm.
Old 05-01-02, 06:11 PM

If they cancel "Greg the Bunny," Tardy and I will go on a rampage.

It'll be a slow one, mind you, and likely not that effective, but it'll be a rampage.

RS
Old 05-01-02, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Damn you, Fox! Damn you to hell!

Two of my favorite new shows...and it seems I'm not alone.
Old 05-01-02, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by RMSpuhler

It'll be a slow one, mind you, and likely not that effective, but it'll be a rampage.

RS

As for That 80's Show ... God help me, but it makes me laugh. It's certainly not the best show or even in the top 20, but I enjoy watching it every week. The laugh track is damn_annoying, but the schtick is pretty good and much better than those first couple of episodes.

das
Old 05-01-02, 07:24 PM

Greg the Bunny and Andy Richter are probably two of my favorite shows right now, it would be terrible to see them gone as they never really had a chance to work out. If Fox would only take a chance on them like they did for That 70s Show, they could see that they would work out. I love Fox shows, Simpson, Undeclared, That 70s Show, but they have to quit dumping stuff to the curb if it doesn't get the highest ratings for the night every week. Also I watched That 80s Show the other week and didn't think it was too terrible, it doesn't seem like it should be cancelled, but if Andy Richter and Greg the Bunny are then that stupid show should be gone too.
Old 05-01-02, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by RMSpuhler

RS

Oh how I love Tardy! "I'm a rock star!" (imagine me doing a Tardy-like high-pitched squeak here ). Greg the Bunny has got to be one of the funniest shows ever, and it BETTER come back!

Originally posted by das monkeyAs for That 80's Show ... God help me, but it makes me laugh. It's certainly not the best show or even in the top 20, but I enjoy watching it every week. The laugh track is damn_annoying, but the schtick is pretty good and much better than those first couple of episodes.
I agree - I find That 80's show to be surprisingly funny (just dump the damn_laugh track already) - but then I enjoyed the 80's and I love those "moment" jokes, like when Roger looks "just so" at the camera or does a dance move. I'm even finding Sophia to be funnier now - if she toned it down just a tiny bit I think the character would be even funnier - it's that whole dynasty-esque persona that cracks me up.
Old 05-01-02, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by WarriorPrincess
I agree - I find That 80's show to be surprisingly funny (just dump the damn_laugh track already) - but then I enjoyed the 80's and I love those "moment" jokes, like when Roger looks "just so" at the camera or does a dance move. I'm even finding Sophia to be funnier now - if she toned it down just a tiny bit I think the character would be even funnier - it's that whole dynasty-esque persona that cracks me up.
Glad to hear I'm not alone in here with Eternia - that thought scares me.

Everything Roger does is hilarious. And Sophia became a lot more entertaining when they dropped the crazy-lesbian bit and focused more on the man-hating Dynasty-style bitch. As the characters have become more defined, I've started enjoying the show much more. I'm sure it has a great deal to do with the fact that I have the classic love/hate relationship with the 80's.

Anyway, back on topic ... FOX sucks!

das
Old 05-01-02, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to veer a tad off topic here, but if there is this interest in the 80's, then bring back Square Pegs, the best 80's sit com hands down! I'd rather watch reruns of that than That 80's Show any day.
Old 05-01-02, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

anyone have the ratings on these.

i noticed a few months back that 70s show reruns were gettin better ratings than undeclared...that shows why fox usually airs those over new shows.

what is wrong with america? these shows are great, do people just not give them a chance? almost everyone i talk to loves Family Guy, yet it still got like a 2 rating when it came on...it was terrible UPN level numbers. it doesnt help that fox put it up against tough competition.

maybe we can find some rich person to help us create our own network called Fox Rejects or something. we can air all these shows with no worries
Old 05-01-02, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Glad to hear I'm not alone in here with Eternia - that thought scares me.

Everything Roger does is hilarious. And Sophia became a lot more entertaining when they dropped the crazy-lesbian bit and focused more on the man-hating Dynasty-style bitch. As the characters have become more defined, I've started enjoying the show much more. I'm sure it has a great deal to do with the fact that I have the classic love/hate relationship with the 80's.

Anyway, back on topic ... FOX sucks!

das
I think I started the first thread on how much I thought this sucked so bad...

Well...

I actually enjoy watching this show now. I agree the laugh track needs to go but the characters are finally getting some development. I would take Greg and Andy over this show anyday...but I definitely don't hate it anymore.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.