Travel Sick -- 4/28/02

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Travel Sick -- 4/28/02

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-02, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel Sick -- 4/28/02

Ok, in Turkey this week. Interesting challenges. Was this show in the UK originally before coming here or is it exclusively for CC. Either way, they picked an interesting guy to go through everything. Still wondering what he gets out of this -- lotta pain.

Challenge 1 -- beat an oiled wrestler. This one was just pretty nasty. I mean, they're so slick they gotta use your nuts for a grip -- not cool. failed

Challenge 2 -- perform the rite of spring. Nothing fancy, jumped in a polluted river, then over a fire. passed

Challenge 3 -- sing Wombling Free from a minaret. Given the illegality of such an action, he was probably smart to drop this one, rather than get all Rushdie-like. failed

Challenge 4 -- Deliver a letter. The catch -- the house is underwater in a reservoir. Pretty interesting as well. Apparently the water is pretty cold which would make it worse, but it's easier than some of the other challenges. passed

Challenge 5 -- Sell your goat for a profit. Man, he got reamed on this one. The guy really ripped him off: "Give the idiot his goat." Pretty funny though. Hard to bargain when you don't know if your translator is going along with you or not. failed

Forfeit -- let one leech suck your blood for each failed challenge. Not so bad as previous ones (ie. LA -- having his pubic hair ripped out with tape), but still pretty freaky. I mean, leeches don't hurt, but slimy things like that are one of the few things that can make me start freaking - kinda like him.

Not as entertaining as Seoul or LA, but still pretty good overall.

Tuan Jim