Farscape Season 3 Finale

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Farscape Season 3 Finale

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-02, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farscape Season 3 Finale

Anyone watch it?

I've been out of the loop for most of Season 2 (caught some here and there but nothing in order) and all of season 3 up till the last 5 or so episodes. Just finishing up my season 1 dvd set and waiting for ADV to start season 2.

Anyone else get the feeling that the old woman isn't quite who she appeared to be -- especially at the end?

I haven't read any spoilers of future episodes so I don't know who's still in for season 4 though I'm assuming
Spoiler:
all the major characters will be back, even D'argo who left.
. Could be wrong I suppose. Can't wait till June 7.

Tuan Jim
Old 04-27-02, 12:45 AM
Banned

I am one of those who has only seen half way through season 2 and I am hooked. I dont have Sci Fi channel but hope to get it soon so I think I will be picking up in Season 4 I guess.
What a great show this is and better than any Sci Fi show including Trek.
I look forward to the future of Farscape.
Old 04-27-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did those assmasters at Sci-Fi finally get around to showing this? It's been like 4 months since I watched those last 4 episodes, and damn, they were good. I think the finale was a little bit uneven. Both parts of 'Into the Lion's Den' were a little better and a great climax to all that built over the last 2 seasons. Still, I enjoyed what they tried to do with this last episode. And those shots of Aeryn in the dresses would have brought me to my knees too. The closing shot with Crichton was great and sets up what could be a great 4th season. I just hope Sci-Fi doesn't dick us over again by holding episodes hostage. When this show returns in June, I'm going to have to figure out a way around my boycott.

With I-Man getting cancelled for no reason, B5 unable to get back off the ground, and Trek being ripped apart by B&B, this is really the only good science fiction show left on television. Unfortunately, it takes place in space, and that mentally distrurbed bitch Bonnie Hammer thinks space shows have no place on the Sci-Fi Channel. They cancelled their second highest rated show with no justifiable reason; I'm scared they may go so far as to cancel their highest rated show as well.

das
Old 04-27-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
It was great to finally see those four last eps of Season 3, and I'm eager to see where they'll be going next... The news about Aeryn's condition, while predictable, points the way for some good and thorny forward momentum... It's hard to see where the main story-arc goes from here, which I like...

As for the old woman: I have no idea if she was a one-time character or if they were introducing her as a new (semi?) regular... But I'd be happy if it were the latter.

Early Season 3 spoiler/Season 4 speculation:
Spoiler:
The show has had a huge personality-hole in it ever since Zhaan died... The third eye metaphor may be a bit much, but the show clearly needs a spiritual center. If the old woman is really the kind of person she appears to be, she would fit the bill pretty well...

(That is, if she isn't actually Zhaan herself, in some new form... That's what kept going thru my mind... I'm not sure how I would feel about that, especially being played by another actress. Still, Melissa Jaffer gave a good strong performance... And they did take pains to keep alive the hope of recovering Zhaan's spirit. I can easily imagine Stark coming back and freaking out, shouting "It's her, it's her..." Wishful thinking?)

Last edited by adamblast; 04-27-02 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-27-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
adamblast,

Just to be nice, I'll tag these completly unknown predictions:
Spoiler:

I like your thoughts, but the impression I've gotten from personally talking with Hey and interviews with Rockne, if the character returns in any capacity, so will the actress, if nothing else, as a voice-over.

das
Old 04-27-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking of voice-overs:

Season 3 cliffhanger spoiler/speculations:
Spoiler:
Do you think we've really seen the last of Crais?

With Scorpius as the bad guy, Talyn gone, and the Aeryn-John relationship already complicated enough, I don't see much purpose for the Crais character at this point...

Still, since he also provides the voice of Pilot, they surely still need the actor, Lani Tupu... It's hard to imagine they'd cut him back to a single character with no opening credit after 3 years...
Old 04-27-02, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

my thoughts regarding old woman
Spoiler:
maybe I just didn't catch the last scene right, but seeing her gnawing on whatshername's ear (standing next to Pilot) at the very last shot before the wormhole jump, I got the idea that it may have been Scorpius in disguise.

probably way off.

At any rate, I'm guessing that the next effort will be to make sure the Sclarans don't get the wormhole tech either. Then again, I may be way off there as well seeing as I missed so much of season 3.

Tuan Jim
Old 04-27-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not a bad guess at all, Tuan Jim-- I think I'd forgotten that moment. Very strange indeed, and seeming to point away from the direction I was leaning... But clearly there's some mystery there yet to be resolved...

You're right about the Scarrans... I'm still unclear why John and Co. decided to do what they did in the two-parter--since Scorpius seemed to be right about the Scarrans being a bigger threat. Helping the Peacekeepers defeat the Scarrans would have seemed like the right strategic move... Now what?
Old 04-27-02, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by adamblast

You're right about the Scarrans... I'm still unclear why John and Co. decided to do what they did in the two-parter--since Scorpius seemed to be right about the Scarrans being a bigger threat. Helping the Peacekeepers defeat the Scarrans would have seemed like the right strategic move... Now what?
Yeah, but if he helped Scorpius, then the Peacekeepers woulda had the power to do a lot more than just stop the Scarrans, and you know they can't be trusted. Esp. Scorpius. Just too risky, so like John said, "one evil at a time."

Tuan Jim