Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Osbournes 4/23

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-02, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Osbournes 4/23

That was a great camera action shot of a dog puking.
Old 04-24-02, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was it just me, or did Ozzy look like he was drooling during the first part of the episode??
i loved how they did the scenes with Jack and his dog at the end...it was so romantic! LOL
About the skater dude: if he's so "hot" in Japan (Europe or where ever Jack said) why can't he afford his OWN place?
Old 04-24-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the show is great but after watching the Jack/Lola love scene I am totally convinced that guy would be totally lost without rich daddy. Couple of brats with too much time...and cash...and hair dye...
Old 04-24-02, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That skater dude better not be in there next episode. If he is in it the whole time, I may leave the show. He is a waste of pixels or whatever on my tv screen. The only reason he probably actually ended up living w/ Jack was because he knew they were taping there. The one time we saw him on the skateboard or whatever he stunk.
Old 04-24-02, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't seen a lick of this show other than publicity stills, it has alot of word of mouth and popularity at the moment. Up until now I had been keeping up with it on these boards and what I had once highly anticipated really is starting to sound BORING... Like all reality TV your time is better spent in your own REALITY.

Okay I apologize for the above thread fart, I was having a bad morning.
I am just jealous because everone gets to see the damn thing but me!! I want my MTV back (who would have thunk it)

Last edited by Apocrypha; 04-26-02 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-24-02, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Apocrypha
I haven't seen a lick of this show other than publicity stills, it has alot of word of mouth and popularity at the moment. Up until now I had been keeping up with it on these boards and what I had once highly anticipated really is starting to sound BORING... Like all reality TV your time is better spent in your own REALITY.
Maybe your time is better spent not pooping in this thread.

das
Old 04-24-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Apocrypha
So you've never actually seen the show, yet you say it is boring.

hmmmmmm

Old 04-24-02, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As to the Dill issue, Jason Dill is a major professional skater. He's been a big talent since he was like 12 years old. But like all pro skaters, he doesn't make any money doing it. Pro skaters are nomads; they mooch off of others and like to break stuff. It's the culture. I'm certainly not defending it, because it seems like a silly way to waste your life, but it's not at all strange to see a professional skater act exactly like Dill did. That's how most of them are.

das
Old 04-24-02, 10:05 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
skater dude did have that nice vuitton carry-all which is ~1000 bucks, unless of course he 'borrowed it' from jack

And jack telling him to go was funny, you can come back in a couple of days, well maybe 6, but you can come back then.
Old 04-24-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
skater dude did have that nice vuitton carry-all which is ~1000 bucks, unless of course he 'borrowed it' from jack
I don't want to stereotype, but a lot of the nomadic pro skaters come from quite a bit of family money. They roam from rich guy's house to rich guy's house mooching off of them so they don't have to mooch off their parents.

das
Old 04-24-02, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey

I don't want to stereotype, but a lot of the nomadic pro skaters come from quite a bit of family money. They roam from rich guy's house to rich guy's house mooching off of them so they don't have to mooch off their parents.
I think I'll adopt that lifestyle now.
Old 04-24-02, 10:24 AM

Maybe your time is better spent not pooping in this thread.
Or Sharon will give you away to the neighbors!
Old 04-24-02, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ozzy vs the Chirs Farley DVD

I think that we can all sympathize a little bit with that one.
Old 04-24-02, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by doughelm
Or Sharon will give you away to the neighbors!
SHARRROOOOOONNNNNNN!!!! The **** ****'n cat **** in **** **** ********* ***** ******* ********!!!!!!!!!

das
Old 04-24-02, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Iron Chef
Ozzy vs the Chirs Farley DVD

I think that we can all sympathize a little bit with that one.
I figured he'd lose that battle, but it appeared like he won. The fight with the DVD Player and the remote was another story, however.

das
Old 04-24-02, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

As to the Dill issue, Jason Dill is a major professional skater. He's been a big talent since he was like 12 years old. But like all pro skaters, he doesn't make any money doing it. Pro skaters are nomads; they mooch off of others and like to break stuff. It's the culture. I'm certainly not defending it, because it seems like a silly way to waste your life, but it's not at all strange to see a professional skater act exactly like Dill did. That's how most of them are.

das
My cousin is Mike McGill who skated for Powell Peralta through the 80s and early 90s and he did very well for himself. In fact a lot of the pro skaters from that time did very well for themselves. Is the no money thing present in todays pro skater world?
Old 04-24-02, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by palebluedot
My cousin is Mike McGill who skated for Powell Peralta through the 80s and early 90s and he did very well for himself. In fact a lot of the pro skaters from that time did very well for themselves. Is the no money thing present in todays pro skater world?
I guess it depends on which "world" you're in. With some endorsements and good organization, I'm sure you can do very well for yourself. However, if you know some of these guys, you probably know quite a few that are pretty scatterbrained. Like I said before, I think it's more the culture now. Back in tha day, it wasn't as cool to be a loafer, and the talented skaters could get rewarded, but now the predominant mentality is more like Dill. It's a weird culture nowadays.

das
Old 04-24-02, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I guess it depends on which "world" you're in. With some endorsements and good organization, I'm sure you can do very well for yourself. However, if you know some of these guys, you probably know quite a few that are pretty scatterbrained. Like I said before, I think it's more the culture now. Back in tha day, it wasn't as cool to be a loafer, and the talented skaters could get rewarded, but now the predominant mentality is more like Dill. It's a weird culture nowadays.

das
Yeah, I am so out of touch with that scene now. I don't even know who is big these days. Back when I used to skate with my cousin the group was Mike McGill, Christian Hosoi, Tony Hawk, Caberello, Lance Mountain, etc...

Those guys were dedicated and did well for themselves.

I still have the deck that McGill gave me... this one http://photos.netclubs.com/live/phot...ill_bottom.jpg

There were some shiftless guys back then but by the sounds of it not as many as these days.

Last edited by palebluedot; 04-24-02 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-24-02, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by palebluedot
I still have the deck that McGill gave me... this one http://photos.netclubs.com/live/phot...ill_bottom.jpg

das
Old 04-24-02, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Osbournes 4/23

Originally posted by Iron Chef
That was a great camera action shot of a dog puking.
That was f'n priceless!
Old 04-24-02, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I loved the part when sharon tried to piss in the whiskey bottle. OMG!!!

THat was *****ing awesome. That will teach them a lesson.
Old 04-24-02, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally posted by heavywear
I think the show is great but after watching the Jack/Lola love scene I am totally convinced that
...that it reminded me of last week's Tough Enough love scene in the jacuzzi
Old 04-24-02, 02:14 PM

I couldn't laugh as much last night. Sk8ter dork was really pissing me off. When they showed him sitting around, playing pool and video games while everyone was trying different ways to clean off the gridle that he messed up, man, I was hoping Ozzy would come in and bite his freakin head off. What a lazy, slacker, mooch, piece of crap.

The montage of Jack & Lola was hilarious. I was upset that Kelly kept Sharon from puttin the piss/JD back - I so wanted to see skater dork take a big swig while Sharon stood there with a big smile on her face.

This better be the last ep with that loser on it. The show suffers a little without enough Ozzy & Sharon.
Old 04-24-02, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Was this a new episode? I thought it was the first one. I missed the first 1 1/2 episodes though, so I don't know.
Old 04-24-02, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by El Kabong
Was this a new episode? I thought it was the first one. I missed the first 1 1/2 episodes though, so I don't know.
It was a new episode. As far as I know, they haven't shown any repeats at 10:30 on Tuesdays, just new episodes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.