Reload this Page >

Angel 4/22 *spoilers*

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 4/22 *spoilers*

Old 04-22-02, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel 4/22 *spoilers*

It just finished on the east coast. It wasn't great, but i still thought it was good. When did the Groo character turn into an idiot?

Here is TV Guide's description for next week's episode.

Spoiler:
THE PRICE

The hotel is invaded by sluglike creatures that invade and fatally dry out their human hosts. The parasites are by-products of the dark forces Angel conjured trying to rescue his son. The crew barricade themselves inside to hunt down the varmints, but they soon learn that the only way to really see their quarry is to turn off all the lights. Phillip Spivey: John Short. Groosalugg: Mark Lutz. Fred: Amy Acker.
Old 04-22-02, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Angel 4/22 Question (and discussion)

it hasn't started here yet, but i just noticed that it's a new episode. is this the FIRST new episode since they went on a break? (after wesley got stabbed) or did i miss one in between somewhere?

if so, could someone refresh my memory as to what happened before the show begins. it's been awhile and my memory has gotten awfully short these days. (too much TV )
Old 04-22-02, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, the show re-started last Monday, April 15th.
Old 04-22-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gru and Cordy have been off for several episodes having fun.

Heh.... a bit of a weak ending.... but it kinda fits Gunn. Please, WB or UPN, let this show continue.
Old 04-22-02, 10:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

Merged threads.
Old 04-22-02, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I don't think I ever laughed as hard as when Fred burst out and said "Do you have leukemia?" I was rolling. I thought the episode was good, but I just want to know what the hell is going on with Wesley already.
Old 04-22-02, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So who was the chubby blonde chick that replaced Cordy upon her return from the vacation with the Groosalugg?

Been packing away the Ben & Jerry's over her little hiatus now hasn't she?

And was Angel out of hair gel? Or does extreme grief and hair gel not mix?

Minor plot centric content: The Gunn/Fred romance has hit a cutesy-pie saturation point. Why - oh why - couldn't the two of them have misinterpreted the "father killing son" prophecy and been instrumental in handing the vampire's spawn to Holtz?
Old 04-23-02, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

good episode tonight. i thought for sure that angel was going to somehow lose his soul so that he'd go on a hunt to kill his son, thus fulfilling the prophecy. SOMETHING'S going to happen with that prophecy. i can't see joss whedon simply writing it off as a false prophecy and turning wesley into an outcast for no reason at all. what's holz is planning on doing with connor?

i am also a recent angel watcher. could someone explain to me who groo is? this is my first time seeing him in the series. i wonder if the writers were avid fans of "groo the wanderer" comics.
Old 04-23-02, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by grunter
[B]So who was the chubby blonde chick that replaced Cordy upon her return from the vacation with the Groosalugg?

Been packing away the Ben & Jerry's over her little hiatus now hasn't she?
i LIKE it! her face hasn't really puffed out. she's just got bigger breasts now (as if she needed them) and a little belly. quite frankly i think she's healthier looking.
Old 04-23-02, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought that the episode was really good, but what's up with Charisma Carpenter's hair? My wife was commenting on it thoughout the entire episode. Does she really think that the style looks good on her? Come on, Charisma, get a wig...do something until it grows back. She's too much of a hottie to sport such a bad cut. Anyone???????????
Old 04-23-02, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty weak in comparison to last week. They concoct some silly "sold my soul" plot just to push Gunn/Fred along. I was already buying their relationship. The whole "he's giving his soul to another" thing was pretty cheesy, and I'm not too thrilled with having Angel welch on Gunn's deal. He made the deal. Sure it was stupid, but he wasn't forced into it. And for a truck? That was a little silly too. Gunn was always reckless, but he wasn't stupid. The whole thing just seemed weak and contrived. I'm glad Cordy and Gru are back, and maybe after this filler ep, they can get back to some genuine storytelling.

das
Old 04-23-02, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by hahn
SOMETHING'S going to happen with that prophecy. i can't see joss whedon simply writing it off as a false prophecy and turning wesley into an outcast for no reason at all.
But didn't they discover that the prophecies were actually re-written by Sahjahn in the previous episode? Therefore, they weren't even real prophecies.
Old 04-23-02, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, Morf, that's true. And what about Carpenter's hair? After being absent for a so long you would think she'd sport a better looking style. Hell, anything's got to be better than what she currently has.
Old 04-23-02, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Angel 4/22/02:

Not too crazy about the short hair look on Cordy (she looks like a boy now). Charisma may be preggers, I noticed she was packing on the pounds in the gluteal/stomach areas. Cordy was such a good friend to Angel, knowing when to let him decompress, and not pushing until he needed some prodding, and to talk through his pain.

I was shocked at how mean Gunn could become in order to drive Fred away. Not only did he load her with food and shakes, giving her a tummy ache, but then he lowered the boom on her, and at that point in time, Fred must have been in total agony. At least she's smart enough to figure out that Gunn could only do what he did in order to spare her a bigger hurt (seeing and understanding why Wesley did what he did probably helped her in this situation, but it was still as painful regardless of the understanding).

The gambling debt angle was just an excuse to get Angel to come out of his shell. It seems he's finally ready to move on without Connor in his life for the time being. I knew Gunn was stupid enough to trade his soul for what he traded it for (guessed it before he told Fred). Kids in that environment often are raised with the mantra that they have no future, so it wasn't totally out of Gunn's character at that place and time for such stupidity.

Gru's lines crack me up, they are delivered so stiffly and innocently by Lutz.

Any guesses as to who shows up next week?
Old 04-23-02, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, Patman, that's logical regarding a possible pregnancy.
Still, that's no excuse for such a poor cut. Come on guys...
Pregnant or not the hair's got to go.
Old 04-23-02, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe Gru knocked her up.

Or better yet, Gru gave Cordy the new hairdo as payback!
Old 04-23-02, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by highdef
Well, Patman, that's logical regarding a possible pregnancy.
Still, that's no excuse for such a poor cut. Come on guys...
Pregnant or not the hair's got to go.
Um ... you may want to seek therapy ... you seem a little hung up on this hair thing.

das
Old 04-23-02, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think not, das Monkey. I'm only stating the obvious. By the way, it was my wife that was so perplexed about it in the first place.
Old 04-23-02, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by highdef
I thought that the episode was really good, but what's up with Charisma Carpenter's hair? My wife was commenting on it thoughout the entire episode. Does she really think that the style looks good on her? Come on, Charisma, get a wig...do something until it grows back. She's too much of a hottie to sport such a bad cut. Anyone???????????
She wanted to grow it out again but the WB wouldn't let her. They wanted it kept short and highlighted/lightened.

here's a little about it

Last edited by Salsa Shark; 04-23-02 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-23-02, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the explanation.
Old 04-23-02, 12:26 PM

first of all...I have confidence in UPN that if the WB cancels the show they will pick it up. It can only help them. Now onto the ep. I thought it was okay but overall one of the weaker ones this season. Still way above average than most Buffy's this season. I think this episode was intended to be a relief to the shows fans after the really intense and dark moods of the previous couple episodes. Finally, I have to agree with everybody about Cordelia. I found her to be extremely attractive the first two seasons on Angel with the beautiful long brown hair and stuff. Now I just think she is nasty looking with the too-short blonde hair. I think maybe they wanted her hairstyle like that because it shows more maturity than long hair. Afterall, Cordy is the mature down to earth one with Fred on the show now. Also, she did pack on the pounds so maybe she is a pregger? Can anybody explain to me why she was gone for a few episodes, not in terms of the story, but what was so important that Charisma Carpenter needed to be absent for a few eps.

I just have to add, the actor that plays Groo delivers his lines so straight and serious I hope we continue to get more of him. Can't they just make Lorne a regular already? Also, who is hoping for one last appearance from Skip the Matrix loving, commuting to his hell dimension, telestrater operating demon? I am for one.
Old 04-23-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by DVDGUY1116
first of all...I have confidence in UPN that if the WB cancels the show they will pick it up. It can only help them.
I'm sure the fact that they're contractually obligated to pick up Angel if the WB doesn't will help push them along in that respect.

das
Old 04-23-02, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Salsa Shark
She wanted to grow it out again but the WB wouldn't let her. They wanted it kept short and highlighted/lightened.

here's a little about it
Maybe this is a bit of guerella warfare on her part? "They want it short and highlighted, I'll give them REALLY short and highlighted..." And if enough viewers complain, she can return it back to the long, dark hair she prefers...
Old 04-23-02, 05:56 PM
Banned

Oh come on people. You watching the show for the good writing or for Cordelias hair?
Give me a break. If she were looking like Calista Flochart, you'd be complaining about that too.
I enjoyed the show and it was a hellva lot better than Buffy this season.
The whole romance between Fred and Gunn is lacking in chemistry and I have yet to find myself getting into it.

And the selling the soul for a Truck? Huh?

Regarding Wesley, yeah, he did steal Conner but didnt he do it to save the baby? I can understand Angel being mad to an extent but why is everyone else sore at him?

And it shows someone showing up in the circle next week. Could it be Conner already?
Old 04-23-02, 06:31 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The episode really felt like filler - so many of the Gunn episodes seem to be to me, maybe because his origins don't touch on anything to do with Angel.

Re Next week:
Spoiler:
The description makes it sound like another filler. I guess I was spoilt by the previous two episodes which really moved at a breakneck speed

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.