Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

MTV-X? Who has it and how can I get it?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-22-02, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in my college days the cable company my friend had included MTV-X in its channel lineup. Alas, the cable company on my side of the city didn't have it, but I haven't seen it since.

Does it still exist? If so, why doesn't MTV acknowledge it? And damnit....how do I get it???
Old 04-22-02, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Even the people who don't have it will lose it soon. I read somewhere that they're changing it to MTV Jams, a hip-hop channel. 90% of MTV2 is hip-hop, but I guess that's not enough. I know AT&T Broadband carries it, because I watch it at a friend's house every once in a while.
Old 04-22-02, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by nevermind
Even the people who don't have it will lose it soon. I read somewhere that they're changing it to MTV Jams, a hip-hop channel. 90% of MTV2 is hip-hop, but I guess that's not enough. I know AT&T Broadband carries it, because I watch it at a friend's house every once in a while.
Crap! My apartment complex is only wired for RCN service, but I just looked at ATTs lineup and sure enough...MTV-X is one of the digital channels.

Why do we need more hip hop music? Not only is there not a radio station in the city (Chicago) that plays a good mix of hard rock/metal, my dream of watching a AIC video followed by a Tool video, followed by a Metallica video is now shot.
Old 04-22-02, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

MTV is very proud of hip-hop... they made it what it is today by forcing it down the throats of MTV viewers...

I have always wondered if "Control Freak" is at all representative of the overall viewing audience, or if it is just a set-up. Regardless... rap videos lose to rock videos 99.9% of the time.
Old 04-22-02, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joe liquor

Crap! My apartment complex is only wired for RCN service, but I just looked at ATTs lineup and sure enough...MTV-X is one of the digital channels.

Why do we need more hip hop music? Not only is there not a radio station in the city (Chicago) that plays a good mix of hard rock/metal, my dream of watching a AIC video followed by a Tool video, followed by a Metallica video is now shot.
Too bad you live in the city. WillRock 96.7 kicks ass. Fortunately I can get it all the way to work. In 3 months I'm moving to Plainfield and will be able to get it at home without static .

http://www.967willrock.com/

You get Trixies, I get good radio
Old 04-22-02, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have MTV-X.

I don't know what other markets have it, but I have ATT broadband and get it and the other 2 mtvs. I hope they don't replace it with MTV Jams and MTV Hits because those are like exactly what the normal MTV is now.

YOu are right though, MTV doesn't even acknowledge MTVx, even the commercials on it are all "Watch MTV2" and when MTV talks about their 24/7 network, they mention the website and the mtv and mtv2, not mtv x. Ohwell, I'm moving soon, and won't have cable at all so oh well.
Old 04-23-02, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by nevermind

Too bad you live in the city. WillRock 96.7 kicks ass. Fortunately I can get it all the way to work. In 3 months I'm moving to Plainfield and will be able to get it at home without static .

http://www.967willrock.com/

You get Trixies, I get good radio
I'll trade you. Trixies may look good, but get annoying very fast. Does WillRock have two frequencies? Because when I head back to Wisconsin I always listen to it at 95.1.
Old 04-23-02, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joe liquor

Does WillRock have two frequencies? Because when I head back to Wisconsin I always listen to it at 95.1.
I don't know - I've always listened at 96.7. I think they should increase their wattage so they reach more of the Chicago area. You can keep the Trixies down by you