Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Blind Date vs Shipmates vs Rendez-View vs Dismissed vs 5th Wheel...which do you like?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Blind Date vs Shipmates vs Rendez-View vs Dismissed vs 5th Wheel...which do you like?

Old 04-20-02, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer them all actually with the exception of Shipmates(never got into that one)...kind of like guilty pleasures. Also they are all almost essentially the same. I have not watched Dismissed in a while but enjoyed the same sex ones.

I'm totally into Blind Date and 5th Wheel(aisha taylor is cool)the graphics they add to the date on screen are often times hillarious. Rendez-view is kinda cool too, I love the relationship therapist and the guy from Who's line is it anyway? Which show do you guys prefer?
Old 04-20-02, 12:21 PM
zig

Well, a lot of nights I'm still up at 3AM, which is when Rendez-View comes on, and it's pretty entertaining at 3AM.. I like Greg Proops(the guy from whose line is it anyway) and once in a while they have a "celebrity" I've heard of. Blind date I watched a lot when I was in college thanks to my former roommate. It's ok.. Shipmates, I've only seen the end a few times, but it looks really dumb.
Old 04-20-02, 01:08 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts
My wife and I watch Rendez-View religiously... its on at Midnight on ABC here in SA, TX. We hardly ever miss it. I love Greg's closing remarks, they are so poetic and hilarious!!!! His co-host, Ellen Ladowski, is pretty cute and funny, a nice balance to Mr. Proops... but most of the time I wonder where her eyebrows went?

The 5th Wheel comes on right after RV... if I'm still awake and it looks like it might be a good one, I'll watch it. I liked Aisha Tyler on Talk Soup... but she's passable here.

Shipmates blows... couldn't that washed-up Chris Hardwick from MTV's Singled Out find another gig?

Blind Dates kinda lame... never seen Dismissed.

You forgot to mention Elima-Date... and I catch that every once in awhile, but its not a must watch like RV.

The lady I can't stand is that chick-host (Lynn Koplicks?) on Change of Heart... she needs helium voice treatments... her voice is too gruff...
Old 04-20-02, 02:18 PM

Dismissed is my favorite of what was listed. I use to enjoy Change of Heart the most, but the new host is rather annoying.
Old 04-20-02, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Eddyhazkel
Dismissed is my favorite of what was listed. I use to enjoy Change of Heart the most, but the new host is rather annoying.
I agree about the Change of heart thing.

Does the host have a speech impediment or something? She talks funny.

Anyway, I like shipmates. If for no other reason than because seldom can the people even tolerate each other.
Old 04-21-02, 06:32 PM

My husband and I watch Rendez-view quite a lot and Greg Proops is great. Definitely the most "intelligent" of the shows, IMHO.

I find Ellen Ladowsky a bit irritating at times. I don't think she has the best advice, nor do I think she reads the couples that well. But my biggest problem is her very strange chicken neck!

BTW, Greg Proops was on the Bob & Tom radio program a few months ago and mentioned that Ms. Ladowsky is the so-called relationship expert, but she's never been married and he HAS been married for over 12 years. I sensed some disgruntlement there!! :P

Maria *meow*
Old 04-22-02, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like Blind Date...its funny!
Old 04-22-02, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Blind Date is the best. Dismissed, Elimidate and 5th Wheel are okay. Never seen Shipmates or Rendezview.
Old 04-22-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I only like BD and RV. Blind Date is often hilarious, but I swear they put the two most incompatible together on purpose -- though it's usually really funny to watch -- still upset I missed the one with the guy from Jackass (btw, I saw the midget ("wee-man") twice last week at 2 different restuarants).

I've only seen RV a few times, but it was funny... and I like Proops.
Old 04-23-02, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

5th wheel. aisha tyler is a babe AND she's funny as hell. ever watch her on talk soup? she's like a female version of robin williams. only less furry. and other stuff...