Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield 4/9

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-02, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shield 4/9

Wow. This was, IMO, the best episode of the season thus far.
We had one clearly distinct story line to follow that dominated the episode...no jumping around in ten different directions.

Loved the look of desperation on Acevedo's face when he couldn't find what he knew had to be in that apartment.

Also, the Mad Armenian will clearly be a factor in a future episode or two.
Old 04-10-02, 08:03 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This episode was a big step-up from last week. The storylines flowed together a lot better, and the overall pacing was much cleaner. The "Super Villain" should prove to be interesting, if a bit clichéd.
Old 04-10-02, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't know why, but I have completely lost interest in this show. I think it's a great show and I watched the first two episodes but for some reason I am just not into it.
Old 04-10-02, 12:24 PM
Banned

The only thing I don't like is that they made the black christain man gay. Not that there's no such thing, but I don't want to see 2 men kiss every week! 2 men kissing is what stoped me from watching TITUS on Fox.
Old 04-10-02, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally posted by wm lopez
The only thing I don't like is that they made the black christain man gay. Not that there's no such thing, but I don't want to see 2 men kiss every week! 2 men kissing is what stoped me from watching TITUS on Fox.
That's kinda sad. I overheard a similar discussion in my office, two people who really like "Six Feet Under" but they don't like watching two men kiss all the time. A real shame that it can't be looked at as "two people kissing." The sex of those involved has to be an issue for some people.
Old 04-10-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Gotta feel for Dutch boy. I can't believe that Mackey and that lady (what's her name) are that close. That one came way out of left field in terms of their on-screen relationship in all the other episodes I've seen (missed #2).

BTW, does anyone know where I can find the theme music? I love the intro/credit tune. Really great stuff.

thanks,
Tuan Jim
Old 04-10-02, 06:51 PM

when is the re-airing? i missed it. also anyone know if they re-air the first 3 episodes?
Old 04-10-02, 07:14 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by Groucho
The "Super Villain" should prove to be interesting, if a bit clichéd.
Albino Psycho Jesus gave me the creeps so naturally I'm looking forward to more of him...I just hope he doesn't become too "super" to the point of being completely unbelievable.

They also did it again to me at the end-did something I didn't expect:
Spoiler:
I thought Psycho Jesus was in the car, going after Sofer's feet, not Dutchboy
Old 04-10-02, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Aw ... you gotta be sh|ttin' me ..."

Great line.

As for Lowe, I really like what they're doing with his character. I made a little fuss over in the Six Feet Under thread about them focusing too much on David being gay and leaving other character development behind. But Lowe has a lot going on. I hope they don't fall into a rut with him. I think the "token gay guy" syndrome is a problem with a lot of television shows. Instead of developing a real character, oftentimes they just try to make a point that they have a gay guy on their show. Anyway, so far so good with Lowe's character development. Of course, he's in for a world of hurt if he doesn't show a little more discretion towards his fellow officers. Don't want RAT tattoed across your forehead so early in the game.

As to the "two men kissing" issue, I guess I tend to look at it this way. Who am I to question whether being gay is wrong or not? I'm not God. If God has a problem with it, then that's his problem. I'm not going to sit all high and mighty and judge what I don't understand. It's not for me, and that's all I can know. Anyway, just as I am in no position to pass judgment on homosexuals, I don't think it unreasonable to treat those who think it's nasty the same way. To say two gay guys shouldn't be kissing in public is one thing. To find it unappealing is something else.

It really boils down to this. Women are hot. They just are. Most guys would rather watch two women getting it on than a man and a woman or a man and a man. Hell, many women feel the same way. It really has little to do with homosexuality. My gay friends feel a genuine love with other men, but they still can't get enough of hot chicks. Sure, this doesn't mean everyone, but for the most part, women are the more appealing sex. So just as I don't have a problem with someone finding love with a person of the same sex, I don't really have a problem with those who think it's nasty. People have differences in taste. Some people are repulsed by pr0n. Others get off on it. For the most part, homosexuality isn't much of a factor.

In any case, I'd suggest the tolerance needs to go both ways. I don't like to see fat men in spandex. I don't like to watch really boney chicks. And I think asparagus tastes like ass. So someone else doesn't like watching men kiss. So long as he doesn't treat those who do like it any differently, it's OK with me. If that thought overshadows watching a great television show, then they're definitely missing out. But I don't have a problem with someone disliking that aspect of the show.

das
Old 04-10-02, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by ktan1
when is the re-airing? i missed it. also anyone know if they re-air the first 3 episodes?
Friday, 12 11:00 PM EDT
Sunday, 14 10:00 PM EDT

The last time I posted the replay day/time, it was also shown at times not listed. It seems that it's also on at 1:00 or 2:00am on the nights scheduled. (At least that's how it's been each of the last 3 weeks).
Old 04-10-02, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Mackey's going to be in deep crap if that other guy tells his wife what Mackey's been doing
Old 04-10-02, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by palebluedot
I don't know why, but I have completely lost interest in this show. I think it's a great show and I watched the first two episodes but for some reason I am just not into it.
Looks like you're not the only one:http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...on_shield_dc_1

Ratings have dropped each week.
Old 04-10-02, 10:23 PM
Banned

You notice how evil Hollywood is. 1st they start by showing 2 women kiss in music videos,movies and now t.v. Knowing nobody was going to say a thing. Now they hit us with 2 men kissing on about every show but the Simpsons!
You know what's coming next from Hollywood is adult & kid sex as o.k.!
Old 04-10-02, 10:26 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wm lopez
Now they hit us with 2 men kissing on about every show but the Simpsons!/quote]

Homer and Flanders have locked lips on "The Simpsons."

I fail to see what this has to do with anything.
Old 04-10-02, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by wm lopez
You notice how evil Hollywood is. 1st they start by showing 2 women kiss in music videos,movies and now t.v. Knowing nobody was going to say a thing. Now they hit us with 2 men kissing on about every show but the Simpsons!
Let me get this straight (no pun intended): You're comparing something that is legal in most areas of the country to something that is illegal in most of the country (depending on what age you think is the cut-off for the term "child")? I usually refrain from crapping on others beliefs, but what you said makes little sense to me and I fail to see any correlation between the two.
Old 04-11-02, 10:48 AM
Banned

Just in that there will be t.v. shows that will have a "spin" on it's episode that adults & kids having sex will be portrayed as o.k. Just like what we have now with all these same sex kissing in about every t.v. on the air. Hollwood has the power to get whatever views it wants into the publics minds.
Old 04-11-02, 05:08 PM

thanks!

Originally posted by Pac-Rat

Friday, 12 11:00 PM EDT
Sunday, 14 10:00 PM EDT

The last time I posted the replay day/time, it was also shown at times not listed. It seems that it's also on at 1:00 or 2:00am on the nights scheduled. (At least that's how it's been each of the last 3 weeks).
Old 04-12-02, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Tuan Jim
BTW, does anyone know where I can find the theme music? I love the intro/credit tune. Really great stuff.
Word!

What is that song? We only get to hear a snippet of it, but it kicks ass!! Anyone know the artist and/or title?
Old 04-15-02, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great show I hope it makes it. I like the way they show Mackey's home life. I agree with some of the other posts about the two guys kissing, I would rather not see that. (I'll take to girls kissing anyday) Dutch...what a great line! You gotta be sh--ing me! Priceless!
Old 04-17-02, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry for the bump, but I've got to ask one more time. Does anyone know the name/artist of that song during the credits? It is SWEET!