DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Least Favorite Simpsons Episode (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/195544-least-favorite-simpsons-episode.html)

Gdrlv 03-28-02 12:50 PM

Least Favorite Simpsons Episode

Obviously, inspired by the "Favorites" Thread. Granted, there's not too many I don't like. In fact, I can only think of one episode that really doesn't have much redeeming value to it in my opinion...

Colonel Homer...the one where Homer manages Lurleen Lumpkin. I just didn't find much funny in this one. Interestingly enough, it was written by Groening.

Groucho 03-28-02 12:56 PM

Any and all of the "clip shows."

Jeremy517 03-28-02 12:56 PM

Clip shows and all of the Halloween episodes.

Groucho 03-28-02 12:59 PM

Originally posted by juiio
all of the Halloween episodes.
Normally I don't criticize the opinions of others, but you, sir, have lost your mind. No offense. :)

Gdrlv 03-28-02 01:05 PM

Originally posted by Groucho

Normally I don't criticize the opinions of others, but you, sir, have lost your mind. No offense. :)

I don't like to criticize others' opinions either, but you're on the money here, Groucho. :)

MrN 03-28-02 01:10 PM

In the last two seasons there have been some chuckle-free episodes. Of course my mind has erased all details of these experiences, so I don't know the episode titles...

Wag The Frog 03-28-02 01:45 PM

"Homer the Moe" from this season where Homer takes over Moe's bar and REM has a pointless guest appearance. The only episode I've ever seen that was actually a chore to sit through.

Jason 03-28-02 02:15 PM

From the last few season or so:

The one where they win a trip from an expired box of animal crackers and go to Africa. :yack:

Other (hopefully) forgettable episodes are

The one with the tennis players
The one with the Who where the town is split in half

And although I liked the idea of Bart and Milhouse taking over the Androids Dungeon, "Worst Episode Ever" features the unfunniest thing I've even seen: Comic Book Shop Guy dating Agnes Skinner. Double :yack:

Sessa17 03-28-02 02:19 PM

Most from the first season but the one that sticks out the most in my mind that I absolutely hate is. . .

The one where the real Principal Skinner comes back home. I HAAAATEE this episode, I don't think there is one funny line in the whole thing.

Cardiff Giant11 03-28-02 02:33 PM

Definitely "All Singing and Dancing" It sucks because it's a clip show and because it overuses the singing gag.

Cardiff Giant11 03-28-02 02:34 PM

Originally posted by Sessa17
Most from the first season but the one that sticks out the most in my mind that I absolutely hate is. . .

The one where the real Principal Skinner comes back home. I HAAAATEE this episode, I don't think there is one funny line in the whole thing.

I can think of atleast one funny line.
"This is Armen's copy of Swank"
"Can I see your copy of Swank Armen?"
"Yes"
(homer flips intently through Armen's copy of Swank Magazine)

Daytripper 03-28-02 02:37 PM

The one where Lisa was older and in college. Sucked big time.

AmazingColossalPumaMan 03-28-02 02:45 PM

The spinoff episode was pretty bad. From this season, there were a few bad ones, especially the cowboy episode from a few weeks ago. I'm also not a big fan of the period they went through 2 or 3 years ago, where every episode had to end up in a horrible musical number.

slop101 03-28-02 04:22 PM

"Priciple and the Pauper"

That's the one where they find out that Skinner is really an impostor as the real Skinner comes back.

I didn't laugh once.

caiman 03-28-02 05:07 PM

I'll second "All Singing All Dancing". There are two thing I don't care for with the Simpsons: Song numbers, and clip shows. Best of both worlds! Although I do like the Paint Your Wagon scene.

Gdrlv 03-28-02 05:30 PM

Originally posted by dfbennett
Definitely "All Singing and Dancing" It sucks because it's a clip show and because it overuses the singing gag.
Oh man, I forgot about this one...just painful to watch. Good call.

BenFolds 03-28-02 10:22 PM

Originally posted by dfbennett
Agreed

wildcatlh 03-28-02 10:37 PM

The tap dancing episode. I can't watch that one.

Venusian 03-28-02 10:48 PM

any lisa episode

slop101 03-29-02 10:38 AM

Originally posted by Venusian
any lisa episode
Malibu Stacey/Lisa Lionheart
Lil' Lisa Slurry
the one where Lisa becomes a vegetarian
the one with Dustin Hoffman as the substitute
and many others
are all great, classic episodes and they are also "Lisa episodes".

wm lopez 03-29-02 12:27 PM

The 2 that made me not watch the show anymore.
1st the one where the baseball players appeared. They show Jose Canseco running in to save a kid from a burning house.

2nd one Barry White singing at the end of the show. It didn't help the story, looks like it was put in just to have a star appear in this episode.

Groucho 03-29-02 12:30 PM

Originally posted by Venusian
any lisa episode
I got to agree with this. The last thing I want to see when watching a comedy show is a character who's perpetually depressed.

Gdrlv 03-29-02 12:35 PM

Originally posted by wm lopez
The 2 that made me not watch the show anymore.
1st the one where the baseball players appeared. They show Jose Canseco running in to save a kid from a burning house.

2nd one Barry White singing at the end of the show. It didn't help the story, looks like it was put in just to have a star appear in this episode.

I thought the baseball one was hilarious, but the one with Barry White is one of my absolute favorites...that's the one about Whacking Day, our sacred snake skull-cracking day...

wm lopez 03-29-02 01:13 PM

On the baseball one, the players went on strike in real life around then. So that episode of showing them as loveable heros turned me off.

Feneant 03-29-02 01:32 PM

The one where they go on the train with the hobo... probably the sickest and stupidest episode ever with that whole sponge bath
sh*t and the 3 super lame shorts.

The singing episode(s), I only recall one which is all singing with reused clips (where Snakes comes in through the window to rob them)

I also pretty much hate the episode with Grimey cause it was too realistic and kinda serves to make you think about how stupid the Simpsons are.