The Amazing Race 2 3/20 - spoilers

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-21-02, 12:25 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

Well I can't stand that guy from LA, he is so annoying.

I am amazed the 2 geek guys are doing so well.

And I am also chuffed for peach and her sister...

And eliminated were
Spoiler:
The Gutsy Grannies
Old 03-21-02, 12:28 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another great ep... I love this show.

Did the Groanies' flight plan scream "BAD IDEA!" to anyone else? GEEZ! New York?!

Looks like Twill did the right thing by splitting from Boston. And "There are these really hot girls helping us out right now..."

I really liked Danny (right?) seemingingly genuninely befriending that guy, instead of just being like, "Hey, I need to get here and here and here!" It looked like other teams ended up doing the same thing, though.

Okay, I had my first *sniff* moment, with whoever it was (Mary/Fruit) who gave the sunglasses to the little kids. Awww. *sniff* Did they really think they were in danger, though... two women, a sound guy (right?), and a camera guy? Makes you wonder if the sound and camera guy have any means with which to defend themselves and/or the contestants in case they get in a hairy situation. Makes me wonder, anyways.

More Tara and Paige dancing, please! And I loved Tara's "Watch the butt" comment to Wil at the end... trouble in separated paradise?

Looks like Doublemint are off the disabled list... they seemed to be running at the end without any noticeable limp.

Love the editing! MAN, do I love the editing.

- The "two ships passing in the day," as it were, with Blaige going to the prison & Doublemint coming back from it, and then switching from following Blaige to following Doublemint. When Doublemint was all "I wish I had time to stay in the prison and reflect on what Mandela went through," in the back of my mind I heard a little Paige voice say: "I reflected on it."

- Wil... "Bring on the smiley!" *cut to* WHAM! Cleaver into the sheep's head! *cut to* Gary... "Eeeek!" (or something like that)
Old 03-21-02, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I feel like dancing Riverdance on crack"

I love the show. But if I'd get on the show, one thing I will surely prepare myself for: dealing with airline reservations.

I was really sorry about the grannies. But they did great anyway so far. I felt really sorry seeing them sleeping on the bench in the airport.

The sunglasses moment was lame. "I feel so good doing this". Like she's saving a life or improving those children life somehow? Just self-serving.

I like: the twins, the texan siblings, the two friends.

Ok: the miami guys, geeks

don't care: sisters

I dislike: the pastors (sorry, but he's too preachy about how "good" and "spiritually superior" they are), Will and ex-wife

(edited to change "hate" into "dislike")

Last edited by Gandalf; 03-21-02 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-21-02, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I felt sorry for the Gutsy Grannies, and am glad that they got an instant "fast forward" to the pit stop rather than go through what they did. At that point, not even a fast forward would have saved them. I just don't know why they would have done.... the fish or the dance. It would have been hilarious to have "the dancing grannies". Even though they overslept, the airpoint could have been the equalizer. Oh well.

I can't say I hate-or love-any of the teams just yet. They all have their quirks, and am surprised as to how well they were willing to help each other out. It's going to be interesting to see how much of a time lag between the first and last team.
Old 03-21-02, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm enjoying this season too. Again, this season of AR is much better than Survivor. What I love is the unpredictability of it all. Someone can be in the lead and the unexpected happens. A car, bus, train, etc fails and anyone can easily fall behind. If a mode of transportation is only available at a certain time, teams falling behind can make up their time. And when a team makes the wrong move in a split moment, they can fall far behind like the Grannies did.

Grannies...I can understand them not being up with the physical challenges but they really should have been able to see that getting a connection through NY was just a bad idea. I did want to see them go further. I like underdogs and they must have been the audience sympathy favorites.
Old 03-21-02, 03:07 AM
Banned

I ****ing hated those old bags of ****. Glad they're outta there. Man.
Old 03-21-02, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
I am beginning to love this show as well.
I cannot believe the grannies... it was a very poor decision. I would have never left the airport on their itinerary.
They were one of the first to arrive at the airport in San Palo.
The best they were able to do after waiting in line for 1 hour
American airline flights from San Palo to NewYork??? ----> London -----> Johannesburg ---> Cape Town.
Are you kidding me??

I was rooting for them to go further but there is no way you take this itinerary no matter have fast it would have gotten you there. There are so many ways to miss a connection.

I think, they got a bit intimated and chose an American airline over a South American carrier and thus led to their downfall.

I wonder if one of the rules in the game is that you must make your airline reservations in person ... i.e. no phone calls to travel agents??
Anyway, I love Cha Cha Cha and the brother sister combos.
Excellent show!
Old 03-21-02, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by chowderhead

I wonder if one of the rules in the game is that you must make your airline reservations in person ... i.e. no phone calls to travel agents??
Anyway, I love Cha Cha Cha and the brother sister combos.
Excellent show!
In the previous A.R. the lawyer team did it once but they didnt gain any advantage from it because they ended up on the same flight as the other team. Not to mention the time it took them trying to get someone to let them "borrow" their cell phone.
Old 03-21-02, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fast Forwards note

Have you noticed that the "Fast Forwards" are no longer issued at the pit stop, but rather at the first destination now. Guess the producers didn't like the frat boys whispering the fast-forward clue to the mother-daughter team last time again.
Old 03-21-02, 06:08 PM

"More Tara and Paige dancing, please!"

Mmmmmm... Paige! I could watch her all day.

"And I loved Tara's 'Watch the butt' comment to Wil at the end... trouble in separated paradise?"

Yeah she jumped up and straddled her legs around him at one point, then says "watch the butt" later. That's a confused woman, methinks he needs to find a new babe and kick her to the curb.

And it's good to see some black folks on reality TV with half a brain like the twins.
Old 03-22-02, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just started watching this show a couple of weeks ago. I like it a lot.

I too, am really sick of the preachers. If I hear one more 'Thank the Lord, we did it!'. I'm gonna puke. Can't wait until they tell Cha Cha Cha to burn in hell for their homosexual crimes against humanity.

I personally would hate to do this race, though. If there is one thing in life I hate, it is airports and making travel plans. It just stresses me out for some reason and it seems like 90% of the race depends on getting your method of transportation lined up.

So far I'm rooting for the twins or the brother-sister to win.
Will is an idiot, but I like his chick.
The geeks are pretty cool.
I thought the grannies were pretty cool, though they made some major f-ups along the way.
Old 03-23-02, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This show rocks! I thought it was great that the geeks finished so good because I just new they were the next ones gone, but then again they could still be next. I guess that is what makes the show good.

On a side note, I thought it was great that they took the show to Mandela's cell. I would have to say that is the coolest place they have been on either season of AR. The Taj Mahal was very cool, and so was when they went to the Episode I slave quarters in Tunisia during the first season.
Old 03-24-02, 08:15 PM
Admin Emeritus

And it's good to see some black folks on reality TV with half a brain like the twins.
Good point. Finally, a counterpoint to people like Sean on Survivor: Marquesas.