DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Felicity's back for finale 10 starting tonight, 3/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/193611-felicitys-back-finale-10-starting-tonight-3-20-a.html)

bigjim25 03-20-02 07:38 PM

http://felicity.tktv.net/images/intropic2.jpg http://www.tvguide.com/features/feli...images/20a.jpg
March 20: "Future Shock"
Spoiler:
Last December there was no cliffhanger ending, and Felicity (Keri Russell) and Ben apparently were back on track with their relationship. All that may change when Lauren (Lisa Edelstein) comes to Ben with some shocking news. Noel also revisits a past fling when he has a chance encounter with Zoe Webb (Sarah Jane Morris). Meanwhile, a frustrated Felicity gets little support from her mother when she starts pounding the pavement with Owen (Shawn Hatosy) in an effort to get her art into galleries.

<HR>
March 27: "Kiss and Tell"
Spoiler:
Ben breaks the news that Lauren is pregnant. His father (John Ritter) voices a different opinion on the role Ben should play in the child's upbringing. As that development sinks in, Felicity tests out a potential new career path. Meanwhile, working with Zoe causes Noel some undue stress; and differing priorities cause some mutual annoyance between Sean and Meghan. Adam: Derek Richardson. Zoe: Sarah Jane Morris.

<HR>
April 3: "Raising in Arizona"
<small>Felicity and Ben's seemingly endless roller-coaster ride of a relationship encounters yet another loop.</small>
Spoiler:
Lauren (Lisa Edelstein) tells Ben that she intends to raise their child in Arizona, threatening to upset the newly dedicated father-to-be's plans for medical school and his future with Felicity. Unfortunately, Felicity learns of this latest development secondhand, when Noel innocently relays an answering-machine message regarding Ben's possible school transfer. Shaken by the news, Felicity talks to her confidant Noel about the pregnancy---and inadvertently angers Ben, who suspects that Noel still has feelings for Felicity.

<HR>
April 10: "The Paper Chase"
Spoiler:
Sidetracked by her redefined love life and career path, Felicity lets a big paper for her art-history class go until the last minute. Frustrated and desperate, she resorts to plagiarism (and immediately regrets the decision). An ultrasound reveals the sex of Ben and Lauren's child, and the father-to-be considers hiring a lawyer to stop Lauren from moving to Arizona. Meanwhile, Noel's boss expresses his disapproval of Sean's behavior; and Javier fears that Rita's new boyfriend (Michael B. Silver) is gay. Rita: Bitty Schram. Dominic Webb: Christopher Allport.

<HR>
April 17: "Ben Don't Leave"
Spoiler:
Ben falls victim to a car accident while on his way to help Lauren pack for her move to Arizona. As she waits for him to come out of surgery, Felicity learns that Lauren faces drunk-driving charges. Meanwhile, Noel's rocky relationship with Zoe continues without the complications of intimacy; Richard asks Elena out for the sole purpose of impressing another woman; and Felicity's plagiarized and soon-to-be published paper still hangs over her head. Lauren: Lisa Edelstein. Richard: Robert Patrick Benedict.

<HR>
April 24: "The Graduate"
Spoiler:
Pomp and circumstance for the graduating UNY Class of 2002 bring a crossroads for Felicity (Keri Russell): become engaged to Ben (Scott Speedman) and move to Arizona so he can be near his son or stay in New York to pursue her own dreams. Ultimately, she faces the fact that she has spent the last four years following him, and now it's his turn... or time to say goodbye. Series star Scott Foley makes his directorial debut with this episode, written by Josh Reims & Jennifer Levin.
From TV Guide. An occasion four years in the making, graduation day arrives for Felicity. But the occasion competes with Ben's marriage proposal.
Both momentous events should be thrilling milestones, were it not for Felicity's uncertain professional future, her parents' disapproval of the engagement and the birth of the child her new fiance fathered with another woman. Commencement, it would seem, is the least of Felicity's concerns. With Ben dedicated to living near his son in Arizona, Felicity (Keri Russell) faces a heartbreaking dilemma---follow Ben across the country (as she has done before), or live her own life, alone.

<HR>
May 1: "Time Will Tell"
Spoiler:
An episode taking place in the near future after Felicity's graduation brings with it a number of surprises. Among them, the death of a character; a big breakup; a wedding; magic spells; and, believe it or not, time travel back to the beginning of Felicity's senior year of college. Toni: Amy Aquino.

<HR>
May 8: "The Power of the Ex"
Spoiler:
From Entertainment Weekly, Jennifer Garner guest stars.
Jennifer Garner may be the master of disguise, but you should have no problem ID'ing her in the May 8 episode of Felicity: She'll revive her 1998-99 role as Hanna–the nerdy ex-girlfriend of Noel (played by husband Scott Foley). Felicity cocreator J.J. Abrams, who cast Garner as the lead in his other series, Alias, thought a brief return would be a fun wrinkle in the show's final arc–a quirky Sliding Doors-esque plot in which viewers see Felicity during her senior year as if she'd chosen Noel instead of Ben. So has Hanna picked up any of those deadly double-agent moves that Garner executes on her current show? "There will probably be fewer fights in this episode than in a typical episode of Alias," says Abrams, who'd also like Russell to appear on Alias in the future, possibly as a nemesis for Garner's character. "But hopefully it'll have all the emotional punch you could ever want."

<HR>
May 15: "Spin the Bottle"
Spoiler:
Felicity's trip back in time is having a ripple effect on everyone, and her new relationship with Noel inspires Sean to break up with Meghan and revisit his old crush, Julie (Amy Jo Johnson reprising her role). Unfortunately, Julie has eyes for Ben, who is still pining for Felicity, and the sexual tension results in a twisted game of "Spin the Bottle." Joy Gregory wrote the episode directed by Harry Winer.

<HR>
May 22: "Felicity Interrupted" & "Back to the Future"
Spoiler:
After a fitting run of four seasons, the collegiate drama comes to a close with a two-hour series finale.

Felicity and company graduated weeks ago, and in recent episodes she magically traveled back in time to secure her romantic future with Noel, rather than Ben. The new pairing does come to pass, but Noel senses the forced nature of their relationship. And, despite knowing that Ben will cheat on her, Felicity can't deny her feelings for him. Which one is the man for her? The question the series has posed time and again is finally answered.

From the WB: Felicity's plan to return to senior year and give love a chance with Noel backfires when she reveals that she came from the future and he thinks she's lost her grip on reality. Then, one of her closest friends is tragically killed and Felicity is desperate to undo the spell and reverse their fate. Amy Jo Johnson returns as Julie and Donald Faison as Tracy.

http://www.tvguide.com/features/feli...images/16a.jpg
http://www.tvguide.com/features/feli...images/11a.jpg
http://www.tvguide.com/features/feli...images/12a.jpg

BoatDrinks 03-20-02 07:43 PM

Ah, memories...

clemente 03-20-02 08:27 PM

I used to love this show back in Seasons 1 and 2. (I had just started college and this show really struck a chord with me)

But then the show just ran outta steam so quickly.
Coupled with The West Wing debut in the same timeslot....no more Felicity for me.

Oh well.

movielib 03-20-02 11:05 PM

Originally posted by bigjim25
May 22: Series finale
Spoiler:
The two-hour series finale of Felicity will air on May 22nd, and will include a guest appearance by Amy Jo Johnson, a guest appearance by Jennifer Garner (Alias) reprising her role as Noel's ex-girlfriend Hannah, the death of a major character, and a final resolution to the Felicity/Ben/Noel love triangle.

Spoiler:
I debated about clicking on this spoiler, but I'm not sorry I did. I was hoping very much for a guest appearance by Julie and I'm glad to know we'll get this. I could take or leave one by Hannah.

I don't know why I even like this show but I do. And I don't know why I still care so much about the Felicity/Ben/Noel thing but I do. I'm going to be very upset if Felicity and Noel do not end up together.

But the death of a major character? What's up with that? It seems totally unnecessary.

Variable697 03-20-02 11:15 PM

I still like watching this show. Does anyone know why the series wasn't renewed? It's probably better this way anyway since it's their last year of college.

socalgoblin 03-20-02 11:59 PM

felicity is to drama

what do you think she will become an artist ,real estate agent full time drama queen? miss busy body always sticking her nose in everybodies buisness i guess has just ran out of steam,that or maybe everybody has just got to tired of all her drama,

ten41 03-21-02 01:09 AM

Originally posted by Variable697
I still like watching this show. Does anyone know why the series wasn't renewed? It's probably better this way anyway since it's their last year of college.

Ratings were down this year and producer Jeffrey Abrams left for Alias.

JuryDuty 03-21-02 08:34 AM

Good show, but I'm glad they're wrapping it up. It's tired. But I'll miss it.

cooper2000 04-08-02 06:31 PM

I still enjoy the show but the show has run out of ideas. The show the first season was about a girl experiencing life on her own and the people she met then it started falling back on contrived plotting and love triangles.
I will miss the show but it could have been so much better and to think they let Amy Jo Johnson go which was a real mistake.

tofu 04-08-02 07:21 PM

just read the april 17th spoiler

Spoiler:
they're not going to kill off ben in order to resolve the love triangle, are they? that would be a very stupid ending

Goblincat 04-08-02 08:56 PM

Originally posted by BoatDrinks
Ah, memories...
This is my wife's favorite show in the whole world. I told her that you wrote one and now she thinks you are real cool.
Women... :rolleyes:

Couldn't you have some contest where you are giving away something you got from the set, no Goblincat rule in effect? :D

cooper2000 04-17-02 09:15 AM

I was reading some spoilers the other day on another site and if they are true, the show Felicity is going to be taking some weird turns. Time travel, alternate realities etc.
I am not sure if I like that but I will enjoy them never the less.

Why is Elena have such a small role now??

bigjim25 04-24-02 06:24 PM

:thumbsup:Updated with April 24th & May 1st spoilers. :thumbsup:

AndyCapps 04-25-02 09:45 AM

I don't think I'm going to like this. Was last night's "ending" real? Or is it just another fantasy? Is the "death of a major character" fantasy as well? It's Newhart all over again, ugh.

BoatDrinks 04-25-02 10:09 AM

Originally posted by Goblincat
Couldn't you have some contest where you are giving away something you got from the set, no Goblincat rule in effect? :D
All I have from the show is... a bunch of bad memories and a few scripts.

Which would she like? :D

Seriously, I'll look around and see if I have any Felicity "junk" I can part with.

NGCRIE ;)

Darren Garrison 04-25-02 10:49 PM

All I have from the show is... a bunch of bad memories and a few scripts.

Which would she like? :D

Seriously, I'll look around and see if I have any Felicity "junk" I can part with.

NGCRIE ;)

Ya know, it wouldn't have KILLED you writing AJJ into a bikini in one friggin' episode!

cooper2000 04-25-02 11:08 PM

I liked last nights show. Very sentimental but I still think Felicity should end up with Noel.

Last night was real. It's next week that starts the weird stuff. Maybe Noel will end up with Ben. That would be different.

Does anyone know why Elena is getting almost no screen time? What a waste.

cooper2000 04-25-02 11:09 PM

Win something? I would like to win something....

movielib 04-26-02 08:47 AM

Originally posted by cooper2000
I liked last nights show. Very sentimental but I still think Felicity should end up with Noel.

Last night was real. It's next week that starts the weird stuff. Maybe Noel will end up with Ben. That would be different.

If she ends up with Noel in the other "timeline" that one will be the one that's real to me, no matter how weird it is. Because I agree with you that she and Noel belong together.

AndyCapps 04-26-02 09:08 AM

Originally posted by movielib

If she ends up with Noel in the other "timeline" that one will be the one that's real to me, no matter how weird it is. Because I agree with you that she and Noel belong together.

Yep, Ben's a loser. She followed him like a lost puppy and had the chance to find her true love.

Goblincat 04-26-02 09:56 AM

NGCRIE ;)
:thumbsup: That's what I like to hear! :)

Thanks, BD.

G. Noel Gross 04-26-02 12:51 PM

Originally posted by movielib
Because I agree with you that she and Noel belong together.
I choose to believe you're referring to ME. Keri still makes my pants go crazy.

cooper2000 04-26-02 03:06 PM

I thought this was interesting and it makes a lot of sense. The show has lost its direction this year and like I said on anothe post, what happend to all the supporting charcters???

http://www.scoopme.com

Felicity

The Graduate: Good-bye to All That
by Karen Kranack
4/24/2002
GO TO EPISODE SYNOPSIS

Felicity the show and Felicity the character always want things both ways, and the writers seem more than happy to indulge whatever plot twists are necessary to have everything handed to Felicity on a platter.

We viewers should be cheesed off that Felicity never gets in serious trouble for her plagiarism. We never get to see the confrontation between Felicity and her professor. Rather, we get an in-bed scene with Ben and Felicity. She whispers to him about how her professor called her into her office and instead of excoriating her says, "Happy graduation!" and gives her a "D" but allows her to pass the class. IN YOUR DREAMS, Felicity! What a cop out! Once again, Felicity gets everything she wants without having to break a sweat. And again, we get to view Felicity living in a dream world when Ben spontaneously proposes to her and she accepts. No ring, no preplanning--only anxiety keeping them together, but what the hell? Things always work out regardless of whether Felicity has her head buried in the sand. And just when we think that Felicity has finally made a clean break from Ben and is going to have her own life, he shows up back in California, this time chasing after her.

Earlier in the episode, Felicity tells Ben, "I have been following you for four years. It's your turn now." It makes sense that Felicity feels this way since she's had to sacrifice so much to stay with Ben. Some may see this as appropriately literary in that their roles have been reversed since the show began. However, upon inspection, her comment doesn't hold much weight. Ben never asked her to follow him to New York. She did that of her own accord, and Ben owes her nothing in return for her stalking. Maybe it's nice that he shows up again six months later, but it's also a little hard to stomach since there are so few details given around why he goes back to California. The writers expect us to automatically root for Felicity and Ben's relationship instead of showing us *why* it should survive all the drama.

This episode is especially frustrating because the cast is once again forced into the background so we can see everything from Felicity's perspective. Some may argue that this is fitting since, as the main character, Felicity arrived at the campus alone four years ago, and so our perspective should primarily follow her as she graduates. However, largely ignoring the rest of the casts undercuts our emotional connection to the show. Case in point: consider what is potentially the most important scene of this episode--the graduation ceremony. But, the ceremony gets the short shrift. First off, the ENTIRE focus of the graduation sequence is Felicity, Felicity and more Felicity. We briefly see Megan in her cap and Elena cheering Felicity on as she walks across the stage, and we see a good bit of Ben and Felicity making eye contact. But, that's it! This could have been a moment to celebrate the entire cast and to give everyone a round of applause. But no! All we get is more Felicity and Ben shoved at us. The graduation scene should have been a moment of triumph for everyone--a chance for us viewers to be proud of their accomplishments. Instead, we're dragged back down into Felicity/Ben drama. Perhaps Felicity as a show is really about the narcissism of the main character and not really about making friends and finding one's way in the world.

Felicity shows some backbone in choosing to not go to Arizona, but she rather inexplicably chooses to reject New York as well. Huh??? This is where all your friends are, chica! So, she's no longer going to let Ben push her around, but she's going to skip happily back to California where she can be abused by her mother and father? Yeah, yeah, her dad came and apologized for being a jerk and admitted that he has a hard time letting her go. But, people don't change overnight. Maybe she wants a fresh start, but going home isn't really "fresh." And, is it wise to give up everything that has been built over the past four years?

Clearly, Ben is the guy that Felicity is destined to wind up with (whether some of us like it or not), and Noel remains a "what if" guy for Felicity. However, it was downright awful of Felicity to jerk Noel around at the last moment by saying, "Do you ever wonder what would have happened if you and I...." She is torturing him down to the very final second they are together. Why do these characters so often act out of selfishness? Actions like this undercut an ability to have sympathy for Felicity's woes.

So, the show ends with Ben announcing his presence to Felicity with his trademark, "Hey." Without telling her, he has enrolled in medical school in Palo Alto and Lauren has magically decided to move back as well. Just as Felicity gets easily out of her plagiarism debacle, once again fate steps in and gives her everything she wants. The problem with this episode in particular and with the last few episodes in general is that the writers literally have characters tell us what happens rather than show us. Or, when they are showing us (as with the scenes where Felicity says good-bye to her friends), the scenes are too short to really expose and explore the deep emotion being felt. As a result, this episode is not the tearjerker that it could have been. With as far out as these plotlines have been this season, maybe it's not going to be such a leap to see Felicity go back in time and muddle through until she finds ANOTHER one of her perfect futures.

Asides:

Sean gets a job inspecting elevators for Megan's dad. Whatever happened to the plot where Megan had to choose either Sean or her inheritance? Did we ever find out her father's response when she chose Sean? What was the fallout? How does Megan's dad suddenly like Sean enough to employ him? The writers dropped that storyline like Megan's black box. Speaking of Megan, whatever happened to her pregnant sister? The writers could have greatly beefed up the subplots this season if they had only kept the focus.

In the very last scene where Felicity and Ben walk away together, did you notice that red bag left sitting unattended by the message board? All I kept thinking was, "Danger! Someone report that unattended bag!!!" Just shows you what terrorism in our culture can do to our minds...

A special thank you to Alyssa Reiner for covering Felicity for me last week. Your valuable insights are very much appreciated!

Hey Watch:

I counted about ten "heys" this week. Anyone else keep track?

Next Week on Felicity:

The weirdness begins! In the first of the four final episodes, Megan casts a spell and Felicity is sent back to her first year of college. Will she choose Ben or Noel? Just when you thought this question had been exhausted and put to rest, we're back to where we started.

I'm a bit perturbed by the emphasis on recycling storylines. In my mind, this automatically signals weak writing. Instead of coming up with new ways to engage us, the writers are relying upon our past emotions and connections to Felicity to buy into the fantasy world they're going to throw us into. Here's hoping they can shock us all and pull it off....

shaggy 05-02-02 12:02 AM

There's a petition for Felicity on DVD, it seems there are some fans on this board, so you should sign it.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/sally/petition.html

G. Noel Gross 05-02-02 11:36 AM

You know, when I read the spoilers about the time-travel spell, I thought it was a gag ... how zany.