Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Why isn't 'Ed' showing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-02, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Why isn't 'Ed' showing?

what's the deal with no 'Ed' running for the next little while? My Tivo isn't picking up any future episodes through like March 25 or so.
Old 03-13-02, 11:22 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From http://www.nbc.com/Ed/index.html

UNTITLED16 03/27/02

HERE COME DA' JUDGE! -- Carol's (Julie Bowen) fears about contesting a speeding ticket ease when Ed (Tom Cavanagh) reassures her that she will be appearing before Judge Travis R. Donnelly (guest star Richard Easton) -- the same man who inspired him to become a lawyer -- until the judge's shocking behavior startles Ed. Elsewhere: Ed wants to make his bowling alley more kid-friendly, so he asks Phil (Michael Ian Black) and Kenny (Mike Starr) to hire a clown but the auditons are no laughing matter; Mike's (Josh Randall) excitement with his new practice sours as he unknowlingly risks his reputation while trying to drum up business. TV-PG

Guess no new eps until the 27th
Old 03-13-02, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Why isn't 'Ed' showing?

Originally posted by djbrown
what's the deal with no 'Ed' running for the next little while? My Tivo isn't picking up any future episodes through like March 25 or so.

I am kind of concerned about this as a HUGE "ED" fan. This is a network that killed Freaks and Geeks, maybe one of the best shows, in its first and only year, ever.

The fact that they seem to jerk this show around a lot seems to bring a lot of uncertainty to how much longer they might keep it on. And I kind of feel that if they keep underpromoting it and rather than reruns (at least we get Buffy reruns when they seem to take long breaks between new shows) giving people shows like "Inside the Real West Wing" or whatever and these extra editions of Dateline NBC, that it might not be on for long.

I was ok with it when it happened to NewsRadio, only because of the tragic loss of Phil Hartman and I couldn't believe they let freaks and geeks die too, but if NBC screws "ED" I'm gonna really be mad.

I can only hope if this happens that Letterman can convince CBS to take the show they orginally passed on and give it better treatment than this.

F "The West Wing."

"Ed" is so much better.
Old 03-13-02, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing I enjoyed about the show "Ed" was a guest spot... Kelly Ripa.... Nice... Hot...

Other than that, no thanks!

Sorry!

But good move getting Kelly Ripa, got me to watch.
Old 03-13-02, 10:09 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Re: Why isn't 'Ed' showing?

Originally posted by dolphinboy

F "The West Wing."

"Ed" is so much better.
Word! Ed is the best hour of television on right now, IMO.
Old 03-13-02, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Eternia
The only thing I enjoyed about the show "Ed" was a guest spot... Kelly Ripa.... Nice... Hot...

Other than that, no thanks!

Sorry!

But good move getting Kelly Ripa, got me to watch.
You want Kelly Ripa, go watch All My Children. She's a good actress. That's her full time gig besides the talk show.
Old 03-14-02, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't watch Ed, but two of the shows I do watch (Buffy and Angel) aren't having new eps for a few weeks, either. I'd guess it's just that time of the year, after Feb sweeps, when reruns are shown for a while until closer to the end of the season. Or, new shows are given a chance in a timeslot that has built in appeal because of the show that is normally scheduled there. No cause to panic.