Reload this Page >

3/6 Combat Missions

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

3/6 Combat Missions

Old 03-06-02, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3/6 Combat Missions

Hmmmm....... this was a pretty good episodes. Both Bravo and Charlie companies ran the missions well, it was just a matter of two minutes that Charlie lost. I was expecting the one Charlie member (Ossie?) who keeps getting killed and had problems with the first water exercise to walk, but instead, it was a replacement.

Heh-a double discharge. At least for Bravo, it was for legitimate medical reasons, so they had to re-open the recruitment room for a replacement. At least they double-checked the rule book, and decided to wait with the injury discharge until after the mission results were announced.

I wonder what's going to happen next? Is it going to be six-man vs. six-man and five-man vs. five-man the next two weeks. I think each team has gone against each other at least once.
Old 03-06-02, 11:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh. My. Gosh. What a crazy episode! I can't believe what happened.

- Bravo cannnot lose, and Charlie cannot win. I thought for SURE Bravo wouldn't be able to beat Charlie by 5 minutes (nice adjustment not showing the mission time, as they've done in previous shows), but somehow, the Boys of Bravo pulled it off. Frickin' amazing.

- Jody's injuries were a little more serious than I thought... I'm really sad to see him go. He is by far my favorite "reality TV" contestant, out of all the shows I've watched. His closing monologue about "if I ever see another ruck, I will catch it on fire and dance around it with sagebrush, and chant the names of Bob and SGM Devers" was probably the funniest thing I've seen on TV in a long, long time. Just about everything out of that guy's mouth is funny... same thing with not wanting to open the shower door on Bob Kain, because Jody was afraid "he'd hunt me down and kill me." Bravo Squad and Combat Missions won't be the same without ya, Jody.

- Sean Sirker (Jody's "replacement"... like ANYONE could replace Jody) looks eeeeevil.

- I like Cade as the new Charlie team leader... he seems to be a likeable guy, and I think he brings a more upbeat feel to the team. It blows my mind that Wilson Wong left, but I guess Ozzie is the reason he's there, and instead of letting Ozzie take the fall, as he probably would have if Wilson hadn't volunteered, Wilson took Ozzie's place. Good man.

Another great ep. Maybe it's because of my military background, but this show beats the hell out of any other "reality TV" show I've watched.
Old 03-07-02, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too bad web wasnt one of the ones in the Shower

did you watch the previews for next week Static???? Your comment about Sean and Jody is so true!!! HAHA!!!

Jody's world...