TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - 2/26

Old 02-27-02, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by djbrown
If someone could explain

Spoiler:
what was said to Palmer re: Palmer's son and the Feragamo (sp??) murder? I missed what appeared to be a pretty important piece of dialogue there
Basically Carl (the weasely guy), told Palmer that if he didn't go along with what had been done (aka Ferragamo's murder/coverup), then they(Carl's bosses) would place the blame on palmer's son and say that Palmer's son killed ferragamo to keep him from revealing the truth about his involvement in the original murder.
Old 02-27-02, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by ctyankee

Good news. Hopefully, this allows Kimberly to get into another set of clothes. I'm so tired of seeing that out of shape she-cow in that "let's get boys to notice us" outfit.
Man, that's really harsh. I actually think she's a pretty damned attractive actress.
Old 02-27-02, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought it was a pretty riveting installment of this long maxi-series.

I can't wait to find out who TPTB who are backing Palmer, and if Palmer will be able to put the switch on them by the end of the day (doubtful).

I have to think when Palmer and Bauer meet, it's going hit the fan.
Old 02-27-02, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Gdrlv

Man, that's really harsh. I actually think she's a pretty damned attractive actress.
O.k. O.k. out of shape she-cow was harsh. Still think that she has put some weight on in the gut and hips but ... so be it.
Old 02-27-02, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by ctyankee

O.k. O.k. out of shape she-cow was harsh. Still think that she has put some weight on in the gut and hips since these pictures but ... so be it.
To help make it up to Elisha's Fans even those that can't spell her first name ....

Old 02-27-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She is clearly out of control. Before you know it, she'll be up to two meals a day.
Old 02-27-02, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

are you outta your mind? elisha gives me the hot!!!!
Old 02-27-02, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have hot too! Hubba hubba.......
Old 02-28-02, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson
I was impressed with last night's episode. But what I want to know is where the second guy in the woods go (the false dad, I forgot his name). Also, when is
Spoiler:
Dennis Hopper
gonna show up? I was hoping he would be the second assassin.
He is obviously
Spoiler:
the "other brother" of the guy who funded Gaines. The main guy mentioned that he and his brother were not happy when he spoke to Gaines from a plane in an earlier episode. Personally I think you should put the kibosh on mentioning his name - not everyone who will read this thread knows that Dennis Hopper is going to show up. Please use spoilers around his name - I wish the first person (and subsequent posters) who'd posted this info had done the same.

As for Alan York - he actually did seemingly chicken out when he heard the choppers and left Gaines on his own. I guess he figured that the Gaines' backers would only be after Gaines if Bauer escaped. The question is - how much did York really know and will he return.

I too figured that this episode 13 could end the series if it needed to. The last 10 minutes could have been retooled to tie everything up well enough to end things - put it was cool to see the whole second thread roll out just the same. I'm happy Alberta Green seems to be "with the program" now (or IS she?), but now it is time to ditch the Bauer may be the shooter storyline and get down to unravelling the whole foreign affairs storyline!!!! (Hopefully they can piece together some of the stuff we've all been theorizing about in terms of the "missing pieces" we KNOW there are answers to - e.g. Jamie was the one to be trusted in CTU and turns out to be the mole!) BRING IT ON, BABY!
Old 02-28-02, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I hadn't found that "you know who" would be joining the cast soon. It's just not as exciting but I'm sure they'll promote his name big time before his first appearance.
Old 03-01-02, 11:26 AM

1. Elisha Cuthbert is hot.

2. "Alan York" will definitely pop up again down the road. Which is a good call, because since stuff did wrap up a little they'll be introducing new people and arcs, so in six or seven episodes York pops back up to throw us for a loop. We'll love it when it happens. (THIS IS ALL SPECULATION, NOT A SPOILER.)

3. Unfortunately I was one who guessed Terri's pains were from rape. Sorry, Terri.

4. As far as Alberta knows Jack is still basically a suspect in an assassination attempt on Palmer, or at least connected to it. So she sends one helicopter with a couple guys in it to pick him up? If anyone else was suspected of trying to kill a Presidential candidate and they knew where he was, there would be FBI, ATF, cops, Secret Service, National Guard, Army, Marines....not just Chip and Doug from CTU. Seemed odd. Plus it took forever for the helicopter to get there. Building tension, I suppose, and allowing Jack and Gaines to have their scene.

5. I love this show.
Old 03-04-02, 11:42 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Venusian
Spoiler:
looks like whoever guessed the pains were from rape, might be right. i thought that'd be too gruesome for primetime tv, but guess not
My guess was that Alan York had poisened her or something. I don't remember, but I thought they had coffee or something. Maybe he poisoned her then. Maybe in case Jack didn't do it or foiled the plan, they could use the old "We have poisoned your wife and we have the only antidote" trick. I didn't see the previews for next week, but it appears I was way off.

Oh well. That's what makes this show fun. You never know what's going on.
Old 03-04-02, 02:10 PM

What the heck ever happened to the original assassin, anyway? Is he off mating with Mandy?

My wife suggested it would have been funny if Rick got on the bus and found Alan York cowering in the other corner.
Old 03-04-02, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by Ethan Edwards

My guess was that Alan York had poisened her or something. I don't remember, but I thought they had coffee or something. Maybe he poisoned her then. Maybe in case Jack didn't do it or foiled the plan, they could use the old "We have poisoned your wife and we have the only antidote" trick. I didn't see the previews for next week, but it appears I was way off.

Oh well. That's what makes this show fun. You never know what's going on.

Hmmmmmmm........

Interesting.