TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone else almost miss NYPD blue last night?

Old 02-20-02, 08:28 AM

Anyone else almost miss NYPD blue last night?

I've been watching alot of Olympics and so haven't paid much attention to ABC lately. I did check my listings to make sure a new Blue wasn't playing at 9:00, but failed to look at the 10:00 slot. Fortunately, around 10:20 I accidentally discovered it was on and caught most of it, but I'm still angry at myself!

I tuned in around the time John was giving Andy a haircut. Did I miss any memorable scenes towards the beginning?
Old 02-20-02, 09:53 AM

No, I don't think you missed too much...

It started out with the two different sets of detectives at their crime scenes; Sipowicz and Clark Jr. at the scene of the murdered teenager, where Clark Jr. notes how he hates telling parents that their kids are dead. The scene fades when the mother arrives at the appartment, and the two detectives turn to give her the bad news. Over to McDowell and Ortiz find their case is a three year old child, still its crib, and there is a bullet hole through the window that is situated right behind the crib. The child was evidently shot in the night, as the grandmother found her in the morning.

Later Andy asks John if he'd mind giving him a quick trim. John's reading up on Africa, and Andy asks him if he's planning a trip, and John replies "Yes, and thank you for asking". It was funny... I think John is somewhat jealous of McDowell having more time with Theo (babysitting), but he never really says it. He does act a little stand-offish with Andy, though, thus my thought... I think John may be away for a few episodes in the future, though, if the trip goes ahead.

I think that pretty much catches you up...
Old 02-20-02, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What Skywalker said but he forgot to include Andy and Connie's liplock at the end. I'm not too crazy about that pairing...I thought they were gonna hook her up with Junior.
Old 02-20-02, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
What Skywalker said but he forgot to include Andy and Connie's liplock at the end. I'm not too crazy about that pairing...I thought they were gonna hook her up with Junior.

Yeah - I caught the end of the episode. I'm not too sure about the road they are taking with this.
Old 02-20-02, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
I think I heard they were planning on pairing Junior up with Rita Ortiz, now that she's getting a divorce.
Old 02-20-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm happy that Andy is hooking up with Connie. There's been something between them ever since last season's finale when they partnered up after Danny's disappearance.

Was anyone else chuckling at the banter between John and Andy? ;-) Funny but it seems that Andy's bigotry has now shifted from homosexuals to muslims.

I like the fact that there was no happy ending for the abused kid, because it's true.

As for next week, does anyone else get the impression that Garcelle Beauvais' character will either lose the baby or will get an abortion?

Honestly, this is the best hour of TV.

Last edited by Tesiae; 02-20-02 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-20-02, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Tesiae

As for next week, does anyone else get the impression that Garcelle Beauvais' character will either lose the baby or will get an abortion?

Honestly, this is the best hour of TV.
That's what I missed last night. The preview for next week. What did they show to make you think that?
Old 02-20-02, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Kal: She seems to get hysterical in front of Baldwin.
Old 02-21-02, 02:10 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I personally think that she has lost the baby. I think she lost it before this episode and that is why she is so shooken up. The doctor visit probably did not go as good as she thought and she is too afraid to tell Baldwin now that she has him worked up to be a father. This is the only route I can see her going with this, unless she confronts him that she wants an abortion because she's not ready for this step in her life. I honestly dont' know though.

As for Andy and Connie, I think it's not a bad pairing. They obviously care for each other immensely and they have both had rough lives (with Connie being pregnant at 16 and having to give up her kid). Not to mention that they both love Theo to death. I think it'll work out good with them if Andy can love again without being terrified that the person he loves will be taken from him.

I also think Jr. and Rita would be a nice matchup. They are young and hot and will make a nice couple. Not to mention seeing Mark Paul beat up on her shitty ex husband when he comes crawling back to her (which you know he'll do), that'll be great.

I wish they didn't have this on the same time as 24 though. Leave it at 10 PM ABC!
Old 02-21-02, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Franz and Connie thing is just to weird. There is no way any woman of her caliber could fall for Franz. I can see where it might happen given Connies mental state but still....just too weird.

As far leaving NYPD back to 10pm, that's what Tivo's are for. Philly is usually on at 10pm and it is one of the best new shows on TV.
Old 02-21-02, 07:38 AM
Suspended

I'd actually would'nt mind seeing connie and andy hook up but I get the feeling that it won't happen, it might be flirted with, but Andy seems Hesistant, and I get the feeling he'll end it. I actually would've liked him pick up with Cynthia it made more sense but the writers wrote her like a wacko so that was that.
Old 02-21-02, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was a loyal fan for the first seven years of the show, but for no particular reason just stopped watching (perhaps the whole "January debut"?). I didn't realize that there were so many new characters on the show.

I've been watching "24" faithfully this season, which runs at the same time as NYPD Blue (No TIVO in my life ). Too bad this show isn't always at 10/9 Central. I would start watching it again.
Old 02-22-02, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

mad: Which is a real shame because this season has been stupendous. It's like a whole new show.
Old 02-22-02, 03:57 PM

I have actually thought this season has been pretty boring so far. I did like this past week's episode tho. Hopefully it is taking a turn for the better.

Clint