Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Old 02-18-02, 06:30 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,712
Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

It was just on Inside Edition.

Britney Spears will be a guest on the next season of Sex and the City. She will play the sex crazed niece of Samantha.
Eternia is offline  
Old 02-18-02, 06:34 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 439
LOL i'll be sure to have my TIVO programmed.
ebertofsmut is offline  
Old 02-18-02, 06:35 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Region 1
Posts: 16,290
Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by Eternia
It was just on Inside Edition.

Britney Spears will be a guest on the next season of Sex and the City. She will play the sex crazed niece of Samantha.
Oh, slutty Britney... yummy
zuffy is offline  
Old 02-18-02, 06:39 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
das Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 35,881
Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by Eternia
It was just on Inside Edition.

Britney Spears will be a guest on the next season of Sex and the City. She will play the sex crazed niece of Samantha.
This is really a shame. I know I like to joke about Britney, but this is just sad. The whole show is about real women who are not ashamed of who they are or afraid to be themselves. There's an honesty and grace to this show that is the antithesis of everything that is the product known as "Britney." If Britney comes from LA, then maybe this could work (as the show has firmly established that everything in LA is fake), but otherwise, it's a lame-ass gimic from a show and a channel that normally don't pander to the easily manipulated masses.

das
das Monkey is offline  
Old 02-18-02, 06:41 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Newberg, OR
Posts: 17,187
I agree with the monkey.
Jeremy517 is offline  
Old 02-18-02, 10:01 PM
  #6  
Needs to provide a working email
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as Darrin Garrison
Posts: 3,321
Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by das Monkey


This is really a shame. I know I like to joke about Britney, but this is just sad. The whole show is about real women who are not ashamed of who they are or afraid to be themselves. There's an honesty and grace to this show that is the antithesis of everything that is the product known as "Britney."
Uhg. I bought the Sex and the City DVD set having never seen the series. I very quickly traded it for The Abyss. Deep sleeze.
Darren Garrison is offline  
Old 02-18-02, 10:23 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
das Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 35,881
Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
Uhg. I bought the Sex and the City DVD set having never seen the series. I very quickly traded it for The Abyss. Deep sleeze.
Must not have gotten very far. The show has evolved into one of the most honest and intelligent shows on television.

das
das Monkey is offline  
Old 02-18-02, 11:44 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 10,470
Re: Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by das Monkey


The show has evolved into one of the most honest and intelligent shows on television.

das
Absolutely true.
huzefa is offline  
Old 02-19-02, 08:15 AM
  #9  
Moderator
 
Geofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: The Village Green
Posts: 39,102
Just saw this on E! News Daily.
Geofferson is offline  
Old 02-19-02, 10:26 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,956
I'm there.
Kal-El is offline  
Old 02-19-02, 12:10 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,523
Ugh, way to ruin a good show Britney.

I cannot stand her voice (I'm not talking about her singing voice, though I can't stand that either, but her conversation voice), she tries to make it sound sultry or something but it comes off horrible and sound likes she talking through a fan.
JMLEWIS1 is offline  
Old 02-19-02, 06:19 PM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Home of 2010 Olympics Baby !!
Posts: 188
Man, a total slut on a show full of sluts... How long till the porno career Brittany ?
I am so sick of seeing that skank everywhere !
MR ROBOTO 9000 is offline  
Old 02-19-02, 06:49 PM
  #13  
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,606
Access Hollywood said today that despite reports elsewhere, she will not be making a guest appearance on Sex & The City
AJW is offline  
Old 02-19-02, 10:19 PM
  #14  
Needs to provide a working email
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as Darrin Garrison
Posts: 3,321
Re: Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by das Monkey


Must not have gotten very far. The show has evolved into one of the most honest and intelligent shows on television.

das
I must not have. What I saw was a group of base sluts. Apparently, I was supposed to find it open and liberating to see women acting as cheap, trashy, and amorally as many (low-grade) men do. I wasn't impressed.
Darren Garrison is offline  
Old 02-19-02, 10:33 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
 
das Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 35,881
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
I must not have. What I saw was a group of base sluts. Apparently, I was supposed to find it open and liberating to see women acting as cheap, trashy, and amorally as many (low-grade) men do. I wasn't impressed.
Yeah, you didn't get very far then. I guess with such a negative first impression, it'd be silly to try again, but that really only describes a few of the first season episodes. Oh well. In fact, the few times the show has been more about trashy talk than genuine substance, I didn't like it much either. Luckily most of the episodes are done so well that it's easy to forget their few missteps.

das
das Monkey is offline  
Old 02-19-02, 10:35 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 10,470
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by Darren Garrison


I must not have. What I saw was a group of base sluts. Apparently, I was supposed to find it open and liberating to see women acting as cheap, trashy, and amorally as many (low-grade) men do. I wasn't impressed.
And all the topics they dealt with such as relationships and children and marriage were all topics discussed only by low-grade men and cheap sluts?
huzefa is offline  
Old 02-20-02, 08:52 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,216
Originally posted by AJW Access Hollywood said today that despite reports elsewhere, she will not be making a guest appearance on Sex & The City
Yeah, I just got this from CDNow allstar news:
Britney Spears Out Of Sex And The City Feb 20, 2002, 12:30 pm PT

A spokesperson for Britney Spears at Wolf Kasteler Public Relations denied Tuesday's (Feb. 19) New York Post story that the teen bombshell will play a "sex-mad" character on an upcoming episode of HBO's Sex and the City.

The role reportedly pinned Spears as the "sex-mad" niece of Kim Cattrall's character, Samantha. According to the spokesperson, there are no plans for Spears to appear on the show in any capacity.
bigjim25 is offline  
Old 02-20-02, 09:36 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hero
 
das Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 35,881
Originally posted by bigjim25
The role reportedly pinned Spears as the "sex-mad" niece of Kim Cattrall's character, Samantha. According to the spokesperson, there are no plans for Spears to appear on the show in any capacity.
Whew ... and order is restored to the universe.

das
das Monkey is offline  
Old 02-20-02, 09:55 PM
  #19  
Needs to provide a working email
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as Darrin Garrison
Posts: 3,321
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by das Monkey


Yeah, you didn't get very far then. I guess with such a negative first impression, it'd be silly to try again, but that really only describes a few of the first season episodes. Oh well. In fact,
At the time, on deciding on wherther to coninue watching after NOT liking the first few episodes or packing the thing up and trading it for The Abyss set someone was offering me, I went for the latter. I don't know if I would have liked later episodes, but I sure like the treatment of The Abyss.
Darren Garrison is offline  
Old 02-20-02, 10:19 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hero
 
das Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 35,881
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
At the time, on deciding on wherther to coninue watching after NOT liking the first few episodes or packing the thing up and trading it for The Abyss set someone was offering me, I went for the latter. I don't know if I would have liked later episodes, but I sure like the treatment of The Abyss.
Certainly not blaming you. Only the psycho TV watcher stays with a show that he doesn't like. Good thing I don't do that ... um ... er ...

das
das Monkey is offline  
Old 02-21-02, 08:08 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 9,862
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
At the time, on deciding on wherther to coninue watching after NOT liking the first few episodes or packing the thing up and trading it for The Abyss set someone was offering me, I went for the latter. I don't know if I would have liked later episodes, but I sure like the treatment of The Abyss.
So exactly how are your multiple posts in this thread really anything more than a subtlely veiled extended thread crap? If you don't like the show, why'd you read the thread in the first place? (...not to mention simply posting to say you think the show sucks.) Jeez - must be having a really slow day, huh?
rfduncan is offline  
Old 02-21-02, 09:34 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 24,112
Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Hey, I would love to be a guest! However, the rumors of GuessWho being a guest are untrue.
GuessWho is offline  
Old 02-21-02, 09:43 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Section 529, Wrigley Field
Posts: 884
Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by GuessWho
Hey, I would love to be a guest! However, the rumors of GuessWho being a guest are untrue.
Who would they hook you up with? Carrie's friend Stanford?
joe liquor is offline  
Old 02-21-02, 09:59 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 24,112
Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by jpalm
Who would they hook you up with?
The brunette, whatever her name is.

However, I'd rather be the partner of a Britney-is-a-nympho-niece character
GuessWho is offline  
Old 02-21-02, 10:04 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Section 529, Wrigley Field
Posts: 884
Re: Re: Re: Re: Uhoh guess who is going to guest on Sex and the City?

Originally posted by GuessWho
The brunette, whatever her name is.

However, I'd rather be the partner of a Britney-is-a-nympho-niece character
Going for the $$$$ I see....good man!!!!
joe liquor is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.