TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Roswell 2-12... WTF

Old 02-13-02, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Roswell 2-12... WTF

Max DEAD?

wtf????

are they cancelling the show or something? I looked but can't find anything online. Last week's episode kinda hinted at big changes, with Liz and Maria leaving and all... now Max is dead.

Crap. It was my favorite show, too.
Old 02-13-02, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would not expect to see this next fall as far as new episodes are concerned. Maybe UPN will decide to air the series from it's beginning....

Ratings have not been fairing well at all. As a fan of the show, I must admit that the writing has been less than stellar since the first season. Great young talent whom I hope to see in the near future on the big screen. A couple of them have already appeared in some low budget movies but nothing worth mentioning. I still need to watch last night's episode.
Old 02-13-02, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, Roswell has been cancelled (no more for next season).
Old 02-13-02, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's exactly the title that I wanted to post after seeing the episode last night.

There is no news of official cancelling, but it's obvious that UPN will not order new episodes. It may get on sci-fi or sthg, but not much hope of that either.

As for last night's episode... that was weird. But I'm sure Max is not dead and they'll come up with some explanation. Maybe he transferred his soul into the old guy or whatever...
Anyway, there's no episode next week so we have to wait a little longer.
Old 02-13-02, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quite an interesting ep.

Max dies: why didn't he say he couldn't do it. He had only ever healed illnesses/gunshots before. I didn't think he could heal old age. Why didn't he just insist that he couldn't do it?

Is Liz going to become an alcoholic? She goes away to a strict boarding school to have boundaries and the procedes to break a lot of rules and pick up new bad habits. Then again, remember that she's the person who totes a gun to break into that building with the space ship, so she definitely doesnt' have to be all nice, but it seems a bit odd for her to be drinking so much.

How are they going to get Max back on the show? I can't imagine even finishing the season without him, and with Liz and Maria in NY. What would the show be about?

I really like this show and am sad to hear it probably won't be continued.
Old 02-13-02, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Yes, Roswell has been cancelled (no more for next season).
Actually it has not been officially cancelled yet. It does not look good, but that rumor from a couple of weeks ago that it had been cancelled has been debunked.
Old 02-13-02, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The way I saw it was this:

Max transferred himself into that old man somehow. Did you see how the "guy" in the chair jumped up right away and left when the room was on fire? That was Max. Positive. The old guy died in the dust......
Old 02-14-02, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chili Palmer
The way I saw it was this:

Max transferred himself into that old man somehow. Did you see how the "guy" in the chair jumped up right away and left when the room was on fire? That was Max. Positive. The old guy died in the dust......
That's sort of my take on it as well.
But it won't be as clear-cut. It's possible that somehow max's "spirit?" transferred into the other guy's body, but Max wouldn't have fled the room leaving Valenti there in the fire...