TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Power Rangers in its 10th season

Old 02-12-02, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Power Rangers in its 10th season

Any Power Ranger fans here...? Maybe? No? Think I am psycho for still watching?

Anyway...........

Power Rangers entered its 10th season last Saturday with the premiere of "Power Rangers: Wild Force". I watched, not as good as the previous Time Force, but the acting abilities of the teens seemed better. We now get CG zords which looked awesome.
Old 02-12-02, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why am I not surprised?

das
Old 02-12-02, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's in its 25th or 26th season in Japan, it's been around since the mid-70s. I guess it will always have an appeal...
Old 02-12-02, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just hope Disney does not do something stupid to it. In case anyone doesn't know or cares just a little heheh, Disney purchased Saban Entertainment when it took over Fox Family Channel. So they own all the Power Rangers stuff now. At least they are putting out another TF video and will start airing MMPR thru PRiS on ABC Family starting March 2nd. I need to get more blank tapes.

Rumor has it too that they will be doing a Time Force direct to video movie.
Old 02-13-02, 10:46 AM
Banned

I'm a fan!

I was dissapointed by Wild Force's premiere Saturday, though. It had nowhere near the same quality qriting that we had last year, and I think that's partly because Judd Lynn has left the show. I just hope the new story editors can keep the quality we've had since the In Space season.
Old 02-13-02, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree, the Wild Force premiere was a bit lacking, but I think it will get better as it roles along. However, I do not think it will end up as good as Time Force. I hear they are going to do a direct-to-video Time Force movie to be out in the late summer or fall so I hope that is true. Also, The End of Time will be released by Disney on video on April 30th. Maybe Disney will even treat us with some DVDs (I wish).

In Space does take the cake for one of the best storylines, especially Countdown to Distruction. However, I could not intake Lightspeed Rescue. I think that was the one bump in the road from PRiS to PRTF.
Old 02-13-02, 09:21 PM
Banned

I agree, Lightspeed Rescue was a bit lacking, but parts of it were still enjoyable. I just hope Wild Force picks up soon. How long have you been watching?
Old 02-14-02, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow...PR Wild Force....where have I been?

I haven't really watch the show that much since the end fo PR:In Space.

I was once a DIE HARD fan of the series. Watched the series from the BEGINNING to the END. Collected all the toys(which I still have), recorded all the episodes(which my girlfriend made me destroy), even went to a couple of their live shows.

Sadly, for me, the END was the last episode of In Space. IMO, thats where the original story ended. After that, I really couldn't get into Lost Galaxy, Rescue, or Time Force. It was like trying to watch the sequels to the Crow(Brandon Lee). The Crow's story had a Begining, Middle and End. There was no need to make the sequels.

I wish someone could reinvent the series some how. Make it geared towards adults or something.
Old 02-14-02, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dontefrazier
I agree, Lightspeed Rescue was a bit lacking, but parts of it were still enjoyable. I just hope Wild Force picks up soon. How long have you been watching?
I have been watching since the first episode of Mighty Morphin' premiered.

I remember I saw the toys at Hills before the show premiered. I was all "oh these toys look stupid, this show will suck". Then I watched it, loved it, went back to Hills, and they had no toys! Thats what I get heheh.
Old 02-14-02, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by candyrocket786
Sadly, for me, the END was the last episode of In Space. IMO, thats where the original story ended. After that, I really couldn't get into Lost Galaxy, Rescue, or Time Force.
I agree, the end was In Space. I mean, no Zordon anymore, and all our villians were saved. However, I kept on trucking. Except, I did not fully view the whole Lightspeed era. You should really check out Time Froce - it is awesome, except for the horrible acting abilities of the Quantam Ranger. The premiere episodes are out on VHS and the 3 part ending of the series will be out April 30th.
Old 02-14-02, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, someone who admits to watching the series...

The writing for Power Rangers Turbo was terrible. However, Power Rangers In Space was pretty good, and had a satisfying conclusion because, at that point, I think they were thinking about ending the series then.

I still mock the canned storylines of the first season:
______ has a problem with _______ .
Rita sees the problem, and creates a monster to exploit said problem.
Bulk and Skull provide comic relief.
Alpha 5 and Zordon summon the rangers to the HQ.
Rangers morph to find monster.
Rita throws down magic want which makes a trip from the Monn to the Earth in 10 seconds and makes the monster grow.
Rangers call on their zords who unit to make a megazord, and promptly destroys monster.
______ manages to get problem resolved.
Roll closing credits.

But, then again, the first season aired Mondays-Fridays at 7:30 AM, and was the Pokemon of it's time. But, then again, this series has been running as long as the Simpsons.
Old 02-14-02, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Eternia

I have been watching since the first episode of Mighty Morphin' premiered.

I remember I saw the toys at Hills before the show premiered. I was all "oh these toys look stupid, this show will suck". Then I watched it, loved it, went back to Hills, and they had no toys! Thats what I get heheh.
Lol, awesome. I've been watching since the first episode of Morphin as well. Been a wild 350+ episode ride so far.
Old 02-14-02, 03:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Eternia

I agree, the end was In Space. I mean, no Zordon anymore, and all our villians were saved. However, I kept on trucking. Except, I did not fully view the whole Lightspeed era. You should really check out Time Froce - it is awesome, except for the horrible acting abilities of the Quantam Ranger. The premiere episodes are out on VHS and the 3 part ending of the series will be out April 30th.
You didn't like Eric? I thought he did very good. He pulled off the whole "I've had a horrible life and hate the world" act pretty well.

Did you know he was a stuntman for the Rangers before he became one himself? I thought that was pretty cool. That's why he always did his own stunts in the fight scenes, unlike the other TF cast members.
Old 02-14-02, 04:40 PM

The naked foreign exchange student in "Not Another Teen Movie" was actually the yellow Power Ranger in one of those seasons. I think she just got tired of the dreaded outfit.
Old 02-14-02, 06:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by dknight04
The naked foreign exchange student in "Not Another Teen Movie" was actually the yellow Power Ranger in one of those seasons. I think she just got tired of the dreaded outfit.
Well, it was just the next step. You should've seen her outfit in the show. Or should I say...lack of an outfit.
Old 02-14-02, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, it was just the next step. You should've seen her outfit in the show. Or should I say...lack of an outfit.
Yes.... Yellow Ranger from Lost Galaxy.....
Old 02-14-02, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You didn't like Eric? I thought he did very good. He pulled off the whole "I've had a horrible life and hate the world" act pretty well.

Did you know he was a stuntman for the Rangers before he became one himself? I thought that was pretty cool. That's why he always did his own stunts in the fight scenes, unlike the other TF cast members.
No, I thought his acting ability was horrible, maybe it was just the way he talked. That is cool about the own stunts though.

I must say Erin Cahill was hot.