DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   FUTURAMA Jettisoned?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/183170-futurama-jettisoned.html)

ten41 02-12-02 01:38 PM

FUTURAMA Jettisoned??

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11499

das Monkey 02-12-02 01:47 PM

If true, that's a shame. I'm not a fan of the show. Watched most of the first few seasons. Enjoyed it sometimes, but it just wasn't consistently funny enough to hold my interest. I don't watch it now except in rare circumstances. But it still sucks for the fans, of which I'm sure there are many. And Bender rules.

das

JohnPhoenix 02-12-02 01:49 PM

damn FOX. their cancellations are pissing me off. time to write another letter....

das Monkey 02-12-02 01:53 PM

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
damn FOX. their cancellations are pissing me off. time to write another letter....
Make sure you write it in Retard, as it's apparent that's the only thing they speak.

das

P.S. The term "Retard" should not be interpreted as slang for the legitmate mentally challenged

Groucho 02-12-02 01:54 PM

I'll wait for word from a more reputable source before starting to riot.

ten41 02-12-02 01:56 PM

What's fox going to air next year? - no tick, no ally, no x-files, no futurama, no family guy, probably no undeclared or 24.

JohnPhoenix 02-12-02 01:57 PM

I almost thought you were insulting me for a second ;)

Calling them "retards" might be a compliment for them though ;)

Jackskeleton 02-12-02 02:10 PM

DAMN IT!! NOO!! grr. I love futurama. and for the time the simpsons were dragging a bit in comedy futurama still had it going full blast. the time slot alone gives it a disadvantage. :( this is total suckekekekekeke

hotaru_san 02-12-02 02:12 PM

:(

I hope they decide to keep it. It's a great show.

das Monkey 02-12-02 02:26 PM

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I almost thought you were insulting me for a second ;)

Calling them "retards" might be a compliment for them though ;)

On second thought, better not write them a letter. Send them flash cards with shapes and colors on them.

das

P.S. This gives me a great idea for some Sci-Fi Channel hate mail. :D

mikehunt 02-12-02 02:26 PM

it better not be, it's way better than the simpsons

bboisvert 02-12-02 02:47 PM

Wow, at this rate Fox will have no programming at all for next season. They'll have to run 2-hour blocks of Malcom and That 70s Show every night...

das Monkey 02-12-02 02:54 PM

Originally posted by bboisvert
Wow, at this rate Fox will have no programming at all for next season. They'll have to run 2-hour blocks of Malcom and That 70s Show every night...
They do that already. :D

das

bboisvert 02-12-02 02:55 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
They do that already. :D
:lol: Good point.

JohnPhoenix 02-12-02 03:03 PM

Don't Forget "Temptation Island 3" and "The Chamber." Quality programming.

Blaster1 02-12-02 03:25 PM

I hope Comedy Central gets this show. I only got to see a few episodes when it came on after the Simpsons and I liked it, but after they moved it to the earlier slot I never get to watch it anymore. Comedy Central can get it and air the first few seasons and then start airing new episodes. This show would do great in the timeslot after South Park I bet.

hotaru_san 02-12-02 03:43 PM

Originally posted by bboisvert
Unless they come with more shows for other decades...I'm sure That 30's Show will be hilarious. :p

ClarkKentKY 02-12-02 05:58 PM

Oh my gosh...

Fox is nuts.
Lets look at the casualty list...

-Undeclared: Gone
-Family Guy: Gone
-Tick: Gone
-X-files: Gone
-Titus: Word is that its soon Gone.
-The Chamber: Ugh, good ridance.
-Grounded for Life: Same word, probably gone.
-24: Probably won't be back next year.
-Futurama: Fox never supported it. Incredibly bad decision.
-Ally Mcbeal: On Hiatus; its getting to expensive for fox, and only getting mild ratings. 1 year left MAX.

So what do they have left.... The Simpsons. Wow thats a familar concept. And they treat the simpsons people like crap. (the contract dispute from last year which went to the last minute, resulting in a november season premiere)

I wish Fox would shoot the monkey in charge and get some high school graduates in there. Some basic concepts they're neglecting:

-If you don't support a show it won't prosper.
-If you move a show's timeslot six times in 2 months, you're killing its fanbase.
-Let a show grow, find its niche, and esstablish itself. It doesn't have to be number one.

... They better hope Andy Richter is TV's next God, or they're going to be showing simpsons 7 nights a week.

das Monkey 02-12-02 06:11 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I wish Fox would shoot the monkey in charge and get some high school graduates in there.
Ahem ... while I may be a complete loon, none of my brethren would ever be the idiot in charge of FOX's programming.

das

ClarkKentKY 02-12-02 06:21 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey

Ahem ... while I may be a complete loon, none of my brethren would ever be the idiot in charge of FOX's programming.

das

:lol: Well, i meant a monkey of low mental ability and lacking the capacity for abstract thought, obviously not directed at you or any of your associates. :)

das Monkey 02-12-02 06:26 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
:lol: Well, i meant a monkey of low mental ability and lacking the capacity for abstract thought, obviously not directed at you or any of your associates. :)
:D Feel free to criticize my obvious mental instability all you like, but when the heat comes down on my brothers, I gots ta rise up (on my haunches for Otter Farmers) and represent, yo, know what I'm sayin'. [Scratches underarm]

das

btlives 02-12-02 06:40 PM

What's fox going to air next year?

I have it from a very good source. ( an x-fox programmer)
That fox is going to take over the sci-fi channel line up.

Still it makes alot a sense if you do not think about it.

das Monkey 02-12-02 06:52 PM

Re: What's fox going to air next year?

Originally posted by btlives
I have it from a very good source. ( an x-fox programmer)
That fox is going to take over the sci-fi channel line up.

Still it makes alot a sense if you do not think about it.

:lol: Everything FOX and Sci-Fi does makes a lot of sense if you do not think about it. :D

das

MrN 02-12-02 06:57 PM

I for one will take this with a grain of salt.

And if it does happen, Matt Groening will easily find another network to take over the show. Futurama has been, since it started, much better than Simpsons.

mllefoo 02-12-02 07:50 PM

http://www.dewlap.com/morbo.gif
Fox executives give Morbo gas.